Hartung, Stewart and Willsmore(to be rookied, due to contract) all delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crameri can play? Honestly - what are we basing this on? He has played a handful of games in the last 2 years - after coming back at the Bulldogs this year he was dropped to the VFL and was not doing that much there before being injured for the remainder of the season.

If we want forward cover I would much rather bring in a mature aged (25-27) recruit from the SANFL, VFL or WAFL than bring in a 29 year old bloke who only shined under an illegal doping regime.

And if Geelong want him - then good luck to them. Their list management team are doing spectacularly at building a team that can sputter their way through the season into the top 4 and then get shown up as perennial pretenders in the finals. If your forward line was relying on Hawkins then I would be scraping the bottom of the barrel for a forward also. Remember when some posters here were cracking the sads because they got Mitch Clark and we didn't?

Crameri can play? Honestly - what are we basing this on? He has played a handful of games in the last 2 years - after coming back at the Bulldogs this year he was dropped to the VFL and was not doing that much there before being injured for the remainder of the season.

If we want forward cover I would much rather bring in a mature aged (25-27) recruit from the SANFL, VFL or WAFL than bring in a 29 year old bloke who only shined under an illegal doping regime.

And if Geelong want him - then good luck to them. Their list management team are doing spectacularly at building a team that can sputter their way through the season into the top 4 and then get shown up as perennial pretenders in the finals. If your forward line was relying on Hawkins then I would be scraping the bottom of the barrel for a forward also. Remember when some posters here were cracking the sads because they got Mitch Clark and we didn't?

Rather than clogging this space up
Lets review this at the end of the season?
He Is a far more capable footballer than Tyrone vickery or dallas willsmore.
We can compare willsmore vs crameri output

Agreed. Crameri's best seems like it was years ago.

He's a third tall at best these days so competing with Gunston, TOB, Schoey and Burto/Siss if they go forward.

Not sure he helps us at all.

Rather than clogging this space up
Lets review this at the end of the season?
He Is a far more capable footballer than Tyrone vickery or dallas willsmore.
We can compare willsmore vs crameri output

Why the absolute **** would we compare Crameri to Willsmore? Willsmore is contracted - what do you want the Hawks to do there? Absent of a time machine - there isn't much we can do to get him off the list.

Rather than just throw around useless comparisons - would you like to justify why we should sign a 29 year old forward who has played 2 AFL games since 2015 and was delisted by a side who isn't exactly blessed with forwards right now.

Why the absolute **** would we compare Crameri to Willsmore? Willsmore is contracted - what do you want the Hawks to do there? Absent of a time machine - there isn't much we can do to get him off the list.

Rather than just throw around useless comparisons - would you like to justify why we should sign a 29 year old forward who has played 2 AFL games since 2015 and was delisted by a side who isn't exactly blessed with forwards right now.

You honstly want to keep on going. Instead of purley saying you disagree.

1 the original conversation was about crameri having more impact than 1 of these delisted players .

2 you said crameri had 1 good year? 166 goals from 94 matches with Essendon and the Bulldogs from 2011-2015 and averaged 15 disposal.
You have missed 5 years of consistent footy.
3 if you think a guy playing vfl or wafl footy can contribute more next season than crameri who has constantly performed at afl level before the 2016 suspension.
That's where we disagree time to move on.

You honstly want to keep on going. Instead of purley saying you disagree.

1 the original conversation was about crameri having more impact than 1 of these delisted players .

2 you said crameri had 1 good year? 166 goals from 94 matches with Essendon and the Bulldogs from 2011-2015 and averaged 15 disposal.
You have missed 5 years of consistent footy.
3 if you think a guy playing vfl or wafl footy can contribute more next season than crameri who has constantly performed at afl level before the 2016 suspension.
That's where we disagree time to move on.

Consistently average footy (don't believe me - have a look at his Inside Footy ratings - not exactly a compelling story). 166 goals from 94 matches isn't exactly something to write home about.

We are a rebuilding club - as it stands we have Ceglar back from injury and Pittonet is coming along nicely - so our ruck depth is fine this year. For mid-tall forwards we will have a selection of Roughead, Gunston, O'Brien, Schoenmakers and Sicily. Add to this Burton who is keen to play forward also. There is sufficient depth there without having to recruit a 29 year old player who has played 2 games over the last 2 seasons.

If we wanted cover - then I would much prefer a player from a lower league who has a better age profile. And a guy playing SANFL or similar leagues can definitely have something to offer moreso than Crameri - need I remind you of the bloke currently playing for us wearing the number 28. The biggest disadvantage to Crameri is his age - where our list is at right now and where we are building - recruiting a 29 year old would be baffling.

Consistently average footy (don't believe me - have a look at his Inside Footy ratings - not exactly a compelling story). 166 goals from 94 matches isn't exactly something to write home about.

We are a rebuilding club - as it stands we have Ceglar back from injury and Pittonet is coming along nicely - so our ruck depth is fine this year. For mid-tall forwards we will have a selection of Roughead, Gunston, O'Brien, Schoenmakers and Sicily. Add to this Burton who is keen to play forward also. There is sufficient depth there without having to recruit a 29 year old player who has played 2 games over the last 2 seasons.

If we wanted cover - then I would much prefer a player from a lower league who has a better age profile. And a guy playing SANFL or similar leagues can definitely have something to offer moreso than Crameri - need I remind you of the bloke currently playing for us wearing the number 28. The biggest disadvantage to Crameri is his age - where our list is at right now and where we are building - recruiting a 29 year old would be baffling.
I understand your age thing but if he improves your list as the 43rd player on it as opposed to a nobody why not.
With a bit of luck on the injury front I don't share the same view that we are rebuilding with frawley stratton,birchall,jom,cyril,ceglar play regular games next season i see no reason why we can't compete for the finals. Richmond went from 13th to glory.
Looking at our best 22 there not much in it.
G.w.s have stand out list the rest you could throw a blanket over.

Crameri is a terrible footballer who couldn’t get a game in an injury depleted Bulldogs side. Considering the state of our list being the oldest in the league he would be a complete waste of a list spot for a player approaching 30.

I would much rather see an untried player like Chris Jones who’s only 23 from Box Hill given an opportunity for a rookie list spot. Jones is Box Hill’s best contested marker and he wouldn’t be the worst option given the new rookie list rules and the lack of key forwards on our list.

To be fair, if Crammers hadn't been injured all of last year, he’d still be on their list. Fully fit, he’d still be an asset to their forward line.

His delisting tells us his body is cooked

Mrzohs - I see you have "liked" this post

I am confused:huh::eek:

Gee, the cats desperation and 'need' for a flag is impalpable!! Hear my ' desperate cries' yells Sir Christopher and now the cattery are going for a fat, past it, drug induced delisted footballer to get them to the promised land!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard the Cats are trying to talk Vickey out of retirement.

No I didn't

In a way it's sad. Vickery is the kind of guy that should take the year off to get out of the system and then come back and play with an 'ammo' club, still providing something to footy.

He may just give it all away though, so he does not need to spend any more time being sledged.

Wow is really looking like a big error in judgment from Billy. I am tipping rookie at best somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back