Environment Has anyone on here actually achieved anything in life

Remove this Banner Ad

I once won a football for highest team score in Dreamteam. :p

Am trying to write a book. Have some 120 handwritten pages down at the moment and if I ever get it done, I'll consider it a massive achievement, regardless of quality.

1.5 years away from a Masters degree with perhaps a PhD to follow. Which reminds me, got to get studying for that test tomorrow. :(

I died for all your sins. Also I ripped it up at a Blue Light Disco, completed Street Fighter 2 using Balrog and once on a school camp I didn't want to use the dodgy dunnies so I didn't poo for 6 days.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You win at life, please close this thread now. No other achievement will top this :D

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You win at life, please close this thread now. No other achievement will top this :D

Agreed i had a massive lol.

I haven't done much, the usual experimenting of the party scene, enjoyed that for a while now just going through uni and the usual garbage. Don't want a full time job because i'll miss one of the 2 things in life i really enjoy watching (live). NFL and AFL. I have a problem in life where i generally don't care about anything. I go mad over my 2 sports teams but that's about it. Ticks the people around me right off. I gave up caring when the world shat on me multiple times, for some people that inspires them to do great things but to me it's just pissed me off and i cbf caring about jack because chances are i'll lose it.

Agreed i had a massive lol.

I haven't done much, the usual experimenting of the party scene, enjoyed that for a while now just going through uni and the usual garbage. Don't want a full time job because i'll miss one of the 2 things in life i really enjoy watching (live). NFL and AFL. I have a problem in life where i generally don't care about anything. I go mad over my 2 sports teams but that's about it. Ticks the people around me right off. I gave up caring when the world shat on me multiple times, for some people that inspires them to do great things but to me it's just pissed me off and i cbf caring about jack because chances are i'll lose it.

Smile :)
It's not that hard....

I have failed to achieve things that most people achieve by the age of 20, which in itself is an achievement...sort of.

I currently have a winning streak of 211 games in two suit spider solitaire. :cool:

But seriously, I've managed to get a great, flexible office job (not at a call centre or anything) while studying part time, while all of my friends from school work in retail, hospitality, manual labour or nothing. I'm planning my 7th trip to the USA, am saving a fair bit of money compared to most people my age and am living a pretty happy life. None of these are amazing achievements, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

What things have most people achieved by age 20? I'm struggling to think of anything I'd done by that stage, other than finish school.

Been in something that at least resembles a relationship, been drunk, rebelled in some sort of way...most people wouldn't consider them to be achievements because they're so normal, but for me they seem like it.

Don't laugh. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been in something that at least resembles a relationship, been drunk, rebelled in some sort of way...most people wouldn't consider them to be achievements because they're so normal, but for me they seem like it.

I don't think that's too strange. I hadn't done any of those things by 20 either.

Hmmm.

Dales girl, unless you want to become a boring conservative type by your mid-twenties (which is at least ten years too early, and probably more like twenty), I suggest you go out this weekend and drink a few UDLs, find a man worth keeping around for a few months, and do something slightly illegal (pee in somebody's garden on St. Kilda road or something).

;):thumbsu:

Lol, I'm around the same age, DO NOT get caught up in this stuff. People say you only live once yadda yadda but getting drunk is not necessarily the gateway to good memories. Me any best mate are always getting in trouble (I shot a compound bow into his neighbors house accidentally (wasn't drunk) etc.) and consider fun like that better memories:thumbsu:

Just have fun, doesnt mean you have to harm yourself while doing it.

Hmmm.

Dales girl, unless you want to become a boring conservative type by your mid-twenties (which is at least ten years too early, and probably more like twenty), I suggest you go out this weekend and drink a few UDLs, find a man worth keeping around for a few months, and do something slightly illegal (pee in somebody's garden on St. Kilda road or something).

Oh wait peeing on someone elses property, probably have broken the law a few times:eek:

I WAS JUST HELPING THE LEMON TREE GROW!!!

Hmmm.

Not sure if that was an attempt to help me, a chance to have a dig at Caesar or both, but either way I appreciate it. I don't think I'll be doing anything illegal, slightly or otherwise though. :p

Lol, I'm around the same age, DO NOT get caught up in this stuff. People say you only live once yadda yadda but getting drunk is not necessarily the gateway to good memories. Me any best mate are always getting in trouble (I shot a compound bow into his neighbors house accidentally (wasn't drunk) etc.) and consider fun like that better memories:thumbsu:

Just have fun, doesnt mean you have to harm yourself while doing it.

Cheers tb, I have no desire to get drunk...if my friends are anything to go by, it leads to a lack of memory rather than good memories. I don't think a compound bow is the key to my happiness though, but you never know.

Whatever you say, gramps.

:cool:
I'm sure I've posted this before:

pcgraphpng.php

Remove this Banner Ad

Environment Has anyone on here actually achieved anything in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back