Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

These guys want to be able to discriminate according their faith but anyone questioning that faith needs to be threatened with violence. So much for turn the other cheek.
The biennial prize at the Liverpool city council gallery recognises contemporary artwork that explore spirituality and religion and draws artists from all beliefs and cultural backgrounds.

But a last-minute online protest claimed the 2023 oil-on-lithograph work mocked the Christian religion, with some protesters threatening the museum and its staff – many of whom are volunteers – with violence.
Philjames said he received about 200 “vile” social media messages on Friday and Saturday, with the gallery receiving over 60 phone calls from protesters on Friday alone.

Liverpool mayor Ned Mannoun called for the removal of the painting in the face of what he called “many complaints from numerous residents who were disgusted and offended that Liverpool Council was displaying this artwork”.

Government in Australia is not religious? Right.

“The Christian Messiah and the Muslim Messiah Jesus has no connection to the cartoon character Goofy”, he said in a statement.

The **** has that got to do with it?

Charlie Bakhos, the founder of conservative Catholic group, Christian Lives Matter, told supporters on social media that the “shocking disrespectful art” had been removed.

“This is another attack on Christianity we have managed to put a stop to thanks to everyone’s support. Let’s keep defending our faith respectfully and we will get results as Jesus is on our side.”

Will police be investigating the threats by this group?

Was years ago when "Piss Christ " was an issue.

Personally i think artists with dubious talent like to get their name out there.
"Piss Christ" was probably the highlight of Adrres Serrano's career, though it did give him enough of a profile for a couple of Metallica album covers. ( I miss album covers ).

I think these types avoid offending Muslim's because it may go further than controversy. Charlie Hebdo for example.

" What would you know about art "? the obvious reply from non-talented artists.

He's being bailed on by everyone
View attachment 2050583

Which given the kind of shit republicans and right wing comedians say daily..

Wow maybe i can manage him.
Not often a person of that Calibre becomes available.

....I was going to post Classico, but it has some bad words and Chief is around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Black didn't make the joke. :/
He is kind of the one that has cancelled it. They have kind of cancelled themselves though. I mean everyone knows it was terrible but no need to pretty much end everything because of it. An apology and reinforce violence is not the answer and move on.

He is kind of the one that has cancelled it. They have kind of cancelled themselves though. I mean everyone knows it was terrible but no need to pretty much end everything because of it. An apology and reinforce violence is not the answer and move on.
I think when politicians are calling for you to be deported and agents are dropping you the situation goes a bit further than self cancellation

Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back