Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Officeworks staffer has anti-Jewish record. This isn't her first indiscretion.

If that reporting is true then the first incident is far worse as it has absolutely nothing to do with israel and was just blatant racist discrimination against and mocking of jewish people.

Some people are more concerned with an officeworker cancelling a zionists laminated newspaper, than they are about zionists cancelling tens of thousands of Palestinian lives.
Who are those people? Not saying its not true. Just dont see evidence of it in here.

The cronies currently in charge of israel are war criminals and should end up in prison. But that also doesnt mean everyone living in israel is responsible and supporting their actions. Most want the current leaders gone.

"or treats people differently because they are Jewish, Zionist or support Israel they will keep their job."

Can you guess what would have happened if a non-Jewish person brought the same material in?

Same thing is my guess. Because it wasn't about the person being Jewish.

"or treats people differently because they are Jewish, Zionist or support Israel they will keep their job."

Can you guess what would have happened if a non-Jewish person brought the same material in?

You think if it was a non jewish person that person would of been told its “impossible” to print the pictures in the size she wanted “because the Jews had used all the paper”. We actually dont know what the first material is about.

You think if it was a non jewish person that person would have been told its “impossible” to print the pictures in the size she wanted “because the Jews had used all the paper”. We actually dont know what the first material is about.
I don't know what that was about.

There's nothing particularly offensive about the material the employee was asked to laminate. Someone suggested having the Israel flag in the article could be a source of offense.

If that's the case, others find the Palestine, USA, and even Australian flags offensive. They have valid reasons too.

Should it be up to the individual worker to decide what they deem offensive, and then determine whether to serve that person?

If someone's morality interferes with their job, they should find a different job. We can disagree on whether she's racist or not - the bigger point is that her subjective morality is interfering with her ability to do her job. She should probably be fired on that basis alone.

I see no difference between this and someone who won't make a wedding cake for a gay couple.

I wonder how many times this officeworks store is mentioned in the Zionist whatsapp cancel culture group?
And whether it's a targeted campaign, similar to what they did to Antoinette Lattouf?

If you have never been on the receiving end of bigotry probably no need.

If I knew that a store had an employee discriminating against Indigenous Australians I'd take a camera to get proof.
Elsternwick and the surrounding suburbs have a large population of Jews, so it may be that word got around about a racist manager who works at Officeworks. Hardly surprising that someone pulled out their phone to video the discussion; even if it was a trap, who cares? The employee is clearly in the wrong here.

There's nothing particularly offensive about the material the employee was asked to laminate. Someone suggested having the Israel flag in the article could be a source of offense.
Pretty sure it looked like it was heavily pro-IDF/Israel propaganda written about a junket to Israel, used to justify the genocide in Gaza.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didnt read the article linked in the post you quoted? Its the first example that sounds really problematic. Would not be surprised if the person in the second incident knew about the first ome which is why they had their phone on.
There's one recording about material they didn't want to process for reasons above, and there's some employment stuff about commenting Jewish people used up a certain size of paper? Over which the employer sent them to training and seems to have been satisfied they weren't goose stepping around the place?

Yep sums it up
According to the lancet medical journal 180,000 Palestinians are dead in Gaza mostly children and right this minute the Israeli parliament are debating whether they should be able to rape Palestinians prisoners on administration orders or not? and this officeworks story is the news of the day.
Several things.

1. This thread topic isn't the Gaza war. Stay on topic, please.
2. If you have a source for the bolded that isn't a twitter post, I'd be interested to see it in the appropriate thread. Otherwise, be very careful about what claims you make as fact on the SRP as we operate under a misinformation policy.

In the US right now

In Australia right now too :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back