Has Kane Cornes Become a Media “FLOG”?

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s had a strange few months.

Turned into a massive hypocrite

As I said in another threads he needs to back off on the JHF. I think what he is doing is trying to set himself up for when he plays good football he can say how he backed him in from the start. The thing is there is no great claim to backing in the number one pick.

Kane works too longer hours as well and doesn't have the content to cover so much on air time.

He does SEN breakfast twice a week, Sportsday, football classified, will do the Sunday football show, comments on Radio games and writing a couple of newspaper columns a week. Maybe also the AFL.com Saturday show as well. It's far to much even for even a workaholic.

I know guys like Whately might do those hours but he is just hosting, it's different when you have to offer opinions and analysis. It's much harder work.

Last edited:

As I said in another threads he needs to back off on the JHF. I think what he is doing is trying to set himself up for when he plays good football he can say how he backed him in from the start. The thing is there is no great claim to backing in the number one pick.

Kane works too longer hours as well and doesn't have the content to cover so much on air time.

He does SEN breakfast twice a week, Sportsday, football classified, will do the Sunday football show, comments on Radio games and writing a couple of newspaper columns a week. Maybe also the AFL.com Saturday show as well. It's far to much even for even a workaholic.

I know guys like Whately might do those hours but he is just hosting, it's different when you have to offer opinions and analysis. It's much harder work.

The newspaper columns would be ghost written. He'd spend 10 minutes on the phone with a reporter at the paper who'd churn them out.

The newspaper columns would be ghost written. He'd spend 10 minutes on the phone with a reporter at the paper who'd churn them out.

I get that and he would have a heap of help with other work but he still needs to have content or a topic. My point is it's hard to keep coming up with content when you have so many media roles.

Having a shocker of a few months. Can’t stand him at the moment, used to love him
Same used to love his takes on Carlton which had their fans pissed off but then 2 weeks later they'd all come on and say what he was saying weeks prior however now he has just lost me with the JHF stuff, Contract was ridiculous and if it was any other player/club he'd say the same, Had a good game last week and he acted like he was the 2nd coming of Nathan Buckley yet this week when all his flaws resurface that we all know about he deflects and says he is a 2nd year player give him 4 years despite having a crack at Phillips a 3rd year player for missing a tackle on a bull like Libba in a practice match. If he somehow shuts up about the Hornet he is salvageable as he often does say what most people are too afraid to but his love for the Pear just make it impossible to take him seriously now.

Same used to love his takes on Carlton which had their fans pissed off but then 2 weeks later they'd all come on and say what he was saying weeks prior however now he has just lost me with the JHF stuff, Contract was ridiculous and if it was any other player/club he'd say the same, Had a good game last week and he acted like he was the 2nd coming of Nathan Buckley yet this week when all his flaws resurface that we all know about he deflects and says he is a 2nd year player give him 4 years despite having a crack at Phillips a 3rd year player for missing a tackle on a bull like Libba in a practice match. If he somehow shuts up about the Hornet he is salvageable as he often does say what most people are too afraid to but his love for the Pear just make it impossible to take him seriously now.
100% this.

Loves Hinkley and wont say a bad word about him because Ken saved his career....yet continuously applied the blowtorch to Leon Cameron & other coaches etc ....

His backtrack on JHF (when shown the footage last night on FC) of him not chasing was cringeworthy. Said that its what young players do. Really? Don't recall him ever affording any other player an 'out ' such as this.

Flog of the highest order.

I liked him better when he was an obvious troll, now it seems the others in the media take him seriously and that's not really his go.

Still I would rather lishen to anyone but David King (honourable mention to Eddie but he's tucked away where not many can see him anymore).

Got to admire a self answering question.
Picks on anyone from a rookie 19 yr old to any "subject" of the week.
Apprentice to the biggest flog Robbo
Geez Port Adelaide sucks arse more than an Olympic grade felcher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% this.

Loves Hinkley and wont say a bad word about him because Ken saved his career....yet continuously applied the blowtorch to Leon Cameron & other coaches etc ....

His backtrack on JHF (when shown the footage last night on FC) of him not chasing was cringeworthy. Said that its what young players do. Really? Don't recall him ever affording any other player an 'out ' such as this.

Yeah was stretching when he started listing off players like Cripps, Danger, Martin for doing the same. Can't ever recall them just giving up completely when chasing, even early in their careers.

100% this.

He doesn’t rate or care about Hinkley, he is purely trying to keep his brother employed as an Assistant Coach

He's your classic 'boy who cried wolf'. He'll get to the point where he becomes so ridiculous that he'll just be ignored and not taken seriously. He's close now.

This is bloke is by far the worst thing in Football at the moment.

Is a massive hypocrite and one of the worst humans to be involved in Australian sport.

Attacks kids under 20 years of age form all clubs apart from Port Adelaide and then squeals when anything negative is posted regarding any Port player.

A massive stain on the game

‘Smart’ i guess. Just following the Skip Bayless model of any publicity is good publicity.

Big VolKano was on the Dyl and Friends pod awhile back and mentioned that he tries to emulate that constant hot-take/controversy style.

The fact he has a basic level of sentience and is aware of what he’s doing makes it worse than if he was just a total moron IMO.

The Yankee Doodle sports landscape is so fuggen toxic - fans & media celebrate failure more than success. It’s shite that people are trying to bring a similar race to the bottom here for those juicy clicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Kane Cornes Become a Media “FLOG”?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back