Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

The manner of this loss is truly embarrassing
I mean they beat Geelong at home not long ago

It's all mental

Once again, you could see in the first 2 minutes the team wasn’t mentally prepared. Hesitant, fumbly, no clean movement.

No surprise it’s a hallmark of the last 12 years. Cannot get us mentally prepared for big games.

The manner of this loss is truly embarrassing
I mean they beat Geelong at home not long ago

It's all mental
FFS. As a Port supporter we've been saying this idiot just can't get us up for big games. Every other team supporter/media "Nah Keenz a great coach". My ****in God!

Gutted that our team has crumpled in finals again.

Angry that our coach continues to fail when finals are on the line and the game plan continues to be found out.

Disappointed that our club management falls for this, year after year.

I really really hope I’m wrong, but year after year it keeps happening. What a disaster this is becoming for Port Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good in the regular season, but a terrible finals record.

Port haven't won a final in September since 2014. Their last finals win was in August 2021 when the pandemic saw the pre-finals bye moved to after the prelim and they won a finals in October 2020 during the COVID-shortend, 16 min quarters 2020 AFL season

There may have been some questionable selections, but all this "can't get them up for a final" stuff, give me a break.

These guys are professional athletes, not a bush u14s team.

AFL coaches have better things to do than motivate. That's on the players
So what is the coaches role if it isn't to ensure his players are primed and ready to go for a finals match?

Kenny seems like a great players coach but that relies on him having great players to coach.

With some of Port's great players missing like Houston, Farrell & SPP as well as Butters missing for the 2nd half he got found out.

Great coaches can overcome the losses of great players with some tactical nous but Kenny seems to struggle in that department.

I've heard the argument of people making that it can't be the coach because how come they have been so good in the H&A... Well finals is a different kettle of fish & it's up to the coach to get best out of the list when it matters most.

Ken Hinkley coached side has always had a soft underbelly in finals. they don't play a pressure brand that stacks up in my opinion.

So what is the coaches role if it isn't to ensure his players are primed and ready to go for a finals match?
Game plan.
Development of players.
Coaching skills and strategy.
Long term encouragement and player management.
Listening to players.
Providing leadership and fostering leadership among the players.
Game day strategy and tactics.

A bit of a rev up on game day is fine but geez it's way down the list of priorities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back