Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginnivan is not a kid by any stretch of the imagination. He's played for four seasons now. He sought attention and he got it, and was served a response.
A response by a man with a vast amount more experience and maturity. It was pathetic and showed no respect to Luke Bruest who has 3 more flags than he has in his entire career, even Ginnivan has 1 more than him. It shiowed no respect to the opposition and was classless.

Ginnivan is clearly still immature and needs to grow up a bit more. At 21 we have all done stupid things but a 5 word response to one of his nates on social media, whilst was stupid, is far from the worst thing a footy player can do.

Actions have consequences sure

But if you're gonna talk about professionalism how can you point a finger at Ginnivan but excuse Hinkley?

Breust was being chaired off for his 300th. Port had just had an epic finals win. What was Ken doing? Oh look, he's mouthing off.

If you want to talk about professionalism - let's talk about Hinkley and the complete lack of it.
Ken's mouthing off was well before Breust was chaired off. If Sicily hadn't gone on with it nobody would've even noticed. Dude was so focused on bickering with Ken that he nearly dropped Breust.

Actions have consequences sure

But if you're gonna talk about professionalism how can you point a finger at Ginnivan but excuse Hinkley?

Breust was being chaired off for his 300th. Port had just had an epic finals win. What was Ken doing? Oh look, he's mouthing off.

If you want to talk about professionalism - let's talk about Hinkley and the complete lack of it.

If Hawthorn wants to draw the line at direspecting an entire football club a few days before meeting them in a final then that is their business. But I wouldn't be overly critical when someone from Port approaches the line Hawthorn drew.

If Hawthorn wants to draw the line at direspecting an entire football club a few days before meeting them in a final then that is their business. But I wouldn't be overly critical when someone from Port approaches the line Hawthorn drew.
I would expect one of the Port players to approach

The 57 year old coach is embarassing

Good lord, it was an offhand remark on instagram by a 21 year old who obviously has a lot of growing up to do

A 5 word comment on social media by a single player to one of his mates doesn't represent the the entire Hawthorn football club.
Hinkley for someone who is supposed to be more mature acted like a classless flog and should know better.

A 5 word comment on social media by a single player to one of his mates doesn't represent the the entire Hawthorn football club.

Of course it does.

Ken's mouthing off was well before Breust was chaired off. If Sicily hadn't gone on with it nobody would've even noticed. Dude was so focused on bickering with Ken that he nearly dropped Breust.
Ken's mouthing off kept going. Sicily called him out Ken could have walked away but his childish ego kept it going.

Ken had a great win but was so obsessed with Ginnivan that he focused on that instead of his team when the siren went.

Hinkley for someone who is supposed to be more mature acted like a classless flog and should know better.

Strong username to post content ratio. Hope to see Ginni courtside at the Hungry Jacks NBL round 1 next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would expect one of the Port players to approach

The 57 year old coach is embarassing

Good lord, it was an offhand remark on instagram by a 21 year old who obviously has a lot of growing up to do
It's amazing people cant see the difference between an online comments by a 21 year old vs a 60 year old coach while he;s on the ground.

Why is ginnivan and Kenny’s age relevant? People seem to be latching onto the idea of age like it means something.

Ken's mouthing off kept going. Sicily called him out Ken could have walked away but his childish ego kept it going.

Ken had a great win but was so obsessed with Ginnivan that he focused on that instead of his team when the siren went.
Either one of Hinkley or Sicily could have stopped mouthing off and then the confrontation stops. I'm confused at why you think the Port Adelaide coach is more responsible than the Hawthorn captain for making sure a Hawthorn champion gets the chairing off he deserved.

What Ginnivan said on social media was pathetic and unprofessional. Kenny had every right to use it as he sees fit. I think Hawthorn people are suffering from the delusion that actions don't have consequences.
Yes he does but it just highlights his failures as a coach. If you need an online comment to motivate your team maybe thats why sacking calls are a constant theme.

Either one of Hinkley or Sicily could have stopped mouthing off and then the confrontation stops. I'm confused at why you think the Port Adelaide coach is more responsible than the Hawthorn captain for making sure a Hawthorn champion gets the chairing off he deserved.
A senior coach should not instigate contact with an opposition player, pretty simple concept.

You're confused? Think that's more of a you issue.

Hinkley had the choice to show respect and be gracious in victory or not. We saw what he chose.

His team were lining up to show respect to Breust - he was mouthing off. After a win no less.

I would have been annoyed if Sicily initiated this - after a win or loss. But the fact a senior coach (yes there's more responsibility with that) decided to take this approach instead of celebrating a win shouldn't be confusing for you in terms of who has embarrassed themselves more

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back