Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken Hinkley is the George Costanza of the footy world. I've never seen a coach just continuously pull miracles out of his arse when his job is on the line.

Seriously I've seen cockroaches that are less resilient in a crisis.

Why would we be having the time of our lives we haven't won anything just extended the season by a week.
Port Adelaide has the worst fans on Big Footy

It was great to be at the Adelaide Oval last night and be surrounded by real Port Adelaide fans who get behind their team.

Well done, Port

Great coaching Hinkley, going from an 84 point loss vs Geelong. One week later, throwing the kitchen sink at Hawthorn, winning a thrilling semi final by 3 points and heading into their 3rd Prelim Final in 6 seasons

Ken Hinkley did a great job last night, getting his players to shut down the Hawks, killing us around the clearances and giving us no room to work with

The critics within his own club are a bunch of flogs

If Port get rid of him, I hold they slide out of contention because they won’t see another coach of his calibre

What is it specifically that Mitchell objected to?
That it was coming from a coach rather than a player?
Is that the line he draws?
Not trying to be funny or wind anyone up, genuine question

Fwiw, don't think the three covered themselves in glory.
Sic sticking up for a teammate as a captain, I guess.
I like Hinkley, but he didn't need to go there.
In terms of Ginnivan, live by the sword,.die by the sword, but he's not some evil monster. He's just part larrikin, part dickhead,. he's not malicious.

Fwiw, don't think the three covered themselves in glory.
Sic sticking up for a teammate as a captain, I guess.
I like Hinkley, but he didn't need to go there.
In terms of Ginnivan, live by the sword,.die by the sword, but he's not some evil monster. He's just part larrikin, part dickhead,. he's not malicious.
He isn’t, but when you put it out there on social media for the world to see then you need to take responsibility for giving ammo to the opposition. These people are human, they’re emotional, it’s going to happen and I think it’s best left alone now.

Ginnivan is a grown man playing professional sport. Sam Mitchell shouldn’t have missed that point. People need to take ownership of their decisions, not be protected because an opposition coach has had words after you mouthed off.

What is it specifically that Mitchell objected to?
That it was coming from a coach rather than a player?
Is that the line he draws?
Not trying to be funny or wind anyone up, genuine question

It was supposed to be ‘respect’ for Bruest 300. If you can’t do that for 5 minutes, don’t line your team up

What Ginnivan said on social media was pathetic and unprofessional. Kenny had every right to use it as he sees fit. I think Hawthorn people are suffering from the delusion that actions don't have consequences.

For sure but let the players do it. Even the supporters can give it to them as they walk off. It's all good theatre.

I don't think a coach or official should ever instigate something with an opposition player like that at any level.

For sure but let the players do it. Even the supporters can give it to them as they walk off. It's all good theatre.

I don't think a coach or official should ever instigate something with an opposition player like that at any level.
Agree. Walk off with a smug smile, perhaps let the PAFC social media team deal with it, perhaps a photo of a boarding pass to Sydney on social media, don't forget to tag ginnivan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a twist, Kenny found Hawthorn our directly after the siren and exposed them. Well done Kenneth. So does a prelim secure his tenure for 2025 and beyond?

I am almost certain he will walk at seasons end. It has looked like it has got the better of him at times and don't think he will go another year with the speculation.

He was always been very calm but has looked agitated and stressed at his press conferences this year.

I think people have been telling him he needs some time away from the game and that's what will happen.

Ok good - we agree that Ken embarrassed himself.

The next step is to agree that, as a senior coach in the AFL (one of only 18) he has a responsibility that is more/higher than that of players. (which includes Ginnivan and Sicily).

Having said that - Sicily was responding, not initiating. You can't blame the retaliator for what the initiator did. Surely you see that?
Reading your posts, I just think we need to settle on the appropriate punishment for Hinkley and rewards for Ginnivan and Sicily. I’m thinking nothing less than the firing squad for Ken. A sainthood AND knighthood for Jack and James or should we also throw in some tickets to Disneyland?

Personally I don't think Hinkley needed or should've have gone there. But I don't think Ginni should've posted what he did in a public domain.

In the end Hawthorn say they didn't have a problem with Ginnivans post so I'm not sure why they are so upset when the opposition let him know about it after the fact.

Personally I don't think Hinkley needed or should've have gone there. But I don't think Ginni should've posted what he did in a public domain.

In the end Hawthorn say they didn't have a problem with Ginnivans post so I'm not sure why they are so upset when the opposition let him know about it after the fact.
Exactly.

Port Adelaide has the worst fans on Big Footy

It was great to be at the Adelaide Oval last night and be surrounded by real Port Adelaide fans who get behind their team.

Well done, Port

Great coaching Hinkley, going from an 84 point loss vs Geelong. One week later, throwing the kitchen sink at Hawthorn, winning a thrilling semi final by 3 points and heading into their 3rd Prelim Final in 6 seasons

Ken Hinkley did a great job last night, getting his players to shut down the Hawks, killing us around the clearances and giving us no room to work with

The critics within his own club are a bunch of flogs

If Port get rid of him, I hold they slide out of contention because they won’t see another coach of his calibre
You do realise his great coaching lost a QF at home last week by a record margin pissing away a home prelim in the process? He's got a chance to stick it up his doubters next week, we've all seen this movie before though it's time to show some minerals.

There is no problem if Butters or JHF or any player did it. I don't think a coach should be seeking an opposition player out.

There were always heated words and sometimes exchanges at breaks if they cross paths but unusual for a coach to instigate something with an opposition player post game.

When was the last time it happened at AFL level? In the end it's harmless but unusual.

Last edited:
Agree. Walk off with a smug smile, perhaps let the PAFC social media team deal with it, perhaps a photo of a boarding pass to Sydney on social media, don't forget to tag ginnivan
That would have been mildly amusing, and much better than baiting a disappointed player on the field. I’d hate to see a fight erupt and Port players miss a final due to their coach starting something.

Also shows a lack of class by Hinkley. He should know better, but at least he apologised when he realised his error.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back