Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise his great coaching lost a QF at home last week by a record margin pissing away a home prelim in the process? He's got a chance to stick it up his doubters next week, we've all seen this movie before though it's time to show some minerals.

Less than a day after a EF win against the form team of the competition and you are in here hating on Ken :p

That would have been mildly amusing, and much better than baiting a disappointed player on the field. I’d hate to see a fight erupt and Port players miss a final due to their coach starting something.

Also shows a lack of class by Hinkley. He should know better, but at least he apologised when he realised his error.
He's always embarrassing after close wins it wasn't that surprising to me, the way he carried on after the game at GMBH this season was cringe. He's an emotional susan after tight games.

I don’t have a huge problem with him giving it back to the Hawks, personally I think that’s up to the players to do if they want to but it’s not the end of the world.

However, I did think it was poor form to do it as they were walking over to applaud Breust. Can’t really say you’re showing sportsmanship and applauding a legend while you’re simultaneously giving it to his teammates.

I liked the part where Jordan Lewis started having a cry about Hinkley and Bucks basically shot down and disagreed with everything he said :grinning:

He's always embarrassing after close wins it wasn't that surprising to me, the way he carried on after the game at GMBH this season was cringe. He's an emotional susan after tight games.

Hes an embarassing human being so thats no surprise. I feel sorry for his family.

The AFL needs to crack down hard on Ken Hinkley for this outrageous act. Suspend him for 2 games.

They should seriously suspend him for 12 games but it would help port.

Hawks have built a brand on fast play, hijinks and a lack of respect for other teams.

It's been great for Hawks supporters but being surprised that showing no respect to opponents has consequences is amazingly one eyed.

Kern's a bit of a dick too but it's just chickens coming home to roost.

Ginni's comment was dumb, you could say disrespectful, arrogant, presumptuous and made him look like an idiot in the end.
But as far as being a shot at Port, it was incredibly indirect. Could've easily been ignored after the game.
I don't care about moral high ground. Ginni shouldn't have commented that and Ken shouldn't have mouthed off.
Would be interesting to know the actual words spoken on ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken Hinkley is the George Costanza of the footy world. I've never seen a coach just continuously pull miracles out of his arse when his job is on the line.

Seriously I've seen cockroaches that are less resilient in a crisis.
It's the only reason we won. The Hinkley job on the line buff outperformed the Hinkley finals debuff.

Give the man perpetual one week contracts and tell him he's getting sacked as soon as we lose a game. We'll win the next ten flags.

Nah you're presenting all the actions as equivalent

1. Gininivan posts a tweet. sure port people get offended by it - but at this stage two teams are gearing up for a semi final.

2. Port win (awesome win btw). And at THIS POINT Ken decides to have a crack at Ginni. Not at any point during the week, or the lead up - he waiting until after the game like an absolutely pathetic grub.

3. Sicily, a captain, stood up for his teammate.

I reckon one of these actions is a little different to the other two. Do you think they're all the same?

You should write a phd on this incident

Maybe all these teary Hawthorn players like Hodge and Lewis would be more forgiving of Ken's actions if he'd called Ginnivan a homophobic slur like their hero Clarkson is wont to do. Or, you know, that other thing ...

Maybe all these teary Hawthorn players like Hodge and Lewis would be more forgiving of Ken's actions if he'd called Ginnivan a homophobic slur like their hero Clarkson is wont to do. Or, you know, that other thing ...
You still banging on about this …
I’ll remind you again
Clarko started his coaching career at Port

Hawks have built a brand on fast play, hijinks and a lack of respect for other teams.

It's been great for Hawks supporters but being surprised that showing no respect to opponents has consequences is amazingly one eyed.

Kern's a bit of a dick too but it's just chickens coming home to roost.

if they would have smashed us by 10 goals maybe he could have carried on.

we played like shit without our best player and they still fell over the line after we hit the post with 30 seconds to go.

then he makes it all about him while carrying on like this was a grand final not a win over a team that came 7th is hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back