Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide has the worst fans on Big Footy

It was great to be at the Adelaide Oval last night and be surrounded by real Port Adelaide fans who get behind their team.

Well done, Port

Great coaching Hinkley, going from an 84 point loss vs Geelong. One week later, throwing the kitchen sink at Hawthorn, winning a thrilling semi final by 3 points and heading into their 3rd Prelim Final in 6 seasons

Ken Hinkley did a great job last night, getting his players to shut down the Hawks, killing us around the clearances and giving us no room to work with

The critics within his own club are a bunch of flogs

If Port get rid of him, I hold they slide out of contention because they won’t see another coach of his calibre
Hawthorn fans aren’t much better.

I don’t have a huge problem with him giving it back to the Hawks, personally I think that’s up to the players to do if they want to but it’s not the end of the world.

However, I did think it was poor form to do it as they were walking over to applaud Breust. Can’t really say you’re showing sportsmanship and applauding a legend while you’re simultaneously giving it to his teammates.
WGAF, Breust has made enough money over 300 games…

What is it specifically that Mitchell objected to?
That it was coming from a coach rather than a player?
Is that the line he draws?
Not trying to be funny or wind anyone up, genuine question

Losing. He objected to losing.

Losing. He objected to losing.
If I was the first coach in over 10 years to lose a knockout final to Ken Hinkley (underinformed Hinkley defending oppo fans, that probably sounds like a stat I've exaggerated or made up, but look it up, it's 100% true), I'd be salty too.

Reading your posts, I just think we need to settle on the appropriate punishment for Hinkley and rewards for Ginnivan and Sicily. I’m thinking nothing less than the firing squad for Ken. A sainthood AND knighthood for Jack and James or should we also throw in some tickets to Disneyland?
Drink card for Jack

Fwiw, don't think the three covered themselves in glory.
Sic sticking up for a teammate as a captain, I guess.
I like Hinkley, but he didn't need to go there.
In terms of Ginnivan, live by the sword,.die by the sword, but he's not some evil monster. He's just part larrikin, part dickhead,. he's not malicious.

Nobody is having a go at Hinkley if he wanted to have go or multiple goes at Ginni, he could've done it in multiple times, including his presser (,he also had a go at him in his pre-game interview) but to do it right after a close game, when Breust was just about to be chaired off for 300, absolutely classless.

He has no clue whatsoever. If you worried about opposition giving ammunition by Instagram posts, what Kenny did after the game, is going to give Hawthorn fuel for the next 10 years against Port. And we'll take it.

if they would have smashed us by 10 goals maybe he could have carried on.

we played like shit without our best player and they still fell over the line after we hit the post with 30 seconds to go.

then he makes it all about him while carrying on like this was a grand final not a win over a team that came 7th is hilarious.
Forgetting about the 3 goals the umpires gifted you? Should never have been so close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look as a hawks fan I wished Ginni didn’t say what he did, just cause others would be asked about it….hodge said this on radio. And we lost and therefore he looks like an idiot and he has to own that. So If the port boys gave it go him during the game Ginni has to own it …….thats living by the sword dying by the sword

But I agree with Mitch in presser, Ginny is 21 and Ken is 60, he shouldn’t be the one involved as the coach is supposed to be the leader AND why do it as we’re walking over for Breust celebration, could have done it another time

And just like I was annoyed as a hawks supporter that all week hawks are getting asked about Ginnis comments what do you think port boys will be getting asked about all week now!!! Made it about himself and to turn me to a swans fan next week says everything.

We had a great year and had fun at footy this year? How have you been?
Haven't made a final decision yet on how I feel about Port's year, considering that it's still going and all.

Nobody is having a go at Hinkley if he wanted to have go or multiple goes at Ginni, he could've done it in multiple times, including his presser (,he also had a go at him in his pre-game interview) but to do it right after a close game, when Breust was just about to be chaired off for 300, absolutely classless.

He has no clue whatsoever. If you worried about opposition giving ammunition by Instagram posts, what Kenny did after the game, is going to give Hawthorn fuel for the next 10 years against Port. And we'll take it.
Ginni and Hinkley both crossed the line. Sicily's was a response that doesn't need to be scrutinised.

Winners are grinners. At least Hinkley's spray didn't throw an important final into jeopardy. It seems silly on the surface, but Ginnivan's social media post did.

Port used it as central motivation. Fair enough if that's considered pathetic but there is no doubting that it did fire them up.

He’s an emotional coach - he certainly can get them up - the criticism from mist if this board is that, that type of environment can’t be created every week, but under the circumstances Ginnivan played straight into his hands and gave him and the players the perfect motivation. No surprise it spilled over at the end, he’s a heart on sleeve type of character and from memory pretty good on the lip when it suited.
Hopefully the media gets into Ken all week so he will be motivated to actually do his 800k a year job again this week.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ken has already said he shouldn't have responded that way. He's admitted it was embarrassing.

Ken clearly has a very fragile ego. And instead of focusing on his coaching failure against Geelong, decided to focus on Jack Ginnivan. Effective sure. Pathetic, but effective.
That’s what he said to the media to make things okay but doesn’t mean he really thinks it haha

Can give but can’t take by the sounds of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back