Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginni's comment was dumb, you could say disrespectful, arrogant, presumptuous and made him look like an idiot in the end.
But as far as being a shot at Port, it was incredibly indirect. Could've easily been ignored after the game.
I don't care about moral high ground. Ginni shouldn't have commented that and Ken shouldn't have mouthed off.
Would be interesting to know the actual words spoken on ground.

There's a video on social media that has a close up of Ken saying it, he says something along the lines of...

You're not flying anywhere
I'm flying
I'm flying Jack
I'm flying you F***head

Last edited:
There's a video on social media that has a close up of Ken saying it, he says something along the lines of...

I'm flying
I'm flying Jack
I'm flying you ****head
Hawthorn should be putting in an official complaint.
Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

Ken's lack of decency and politeness is very much required in this age of Not Upsettingness.

I'm flying
I'm flying Jack
I'm flying you F***head
Good on him. What is everyone getting upset about? Hinkley is the sort of coach I'd be happy to play for. If you want to stir the pot, expect something in return. Good to see a bit of passion in this woke day and age.

What is it specifically that Mitchell objected to?
That it was coming from a coach rather than a player?
Is that the line he draws?
Not trying to be funny or wind anyone up, genuine question
family guy kid GIF

Good on him. What is everyone getting upset about? Hinkley is the sort of coach I'd be happy to play for. If you want to stir the pot, expect something in return. Good to see a bit of passion in this woke day and age.
a bit of passion !!??
the man made it all about himself, knowing full well the camera's and media will focus on his behaviour
He is and always has been a flog

It's the only reason we won. The Hinkley job on the line buff outperformed the Hinkley finals debuff.

Give the man perpetual one week contracts and tell him he's getting sacked as soon as we lose a game. We'll win the next ten flags.

He just becomes prime Ron Barassi when the job is on the line.

The campaigner has plot armour.

Ken is the same guy that got on his soapbox 12 months ago about opposition supporters targeting JHF and talking about player mental welfare etc

Then last night he's out on the field after the game yelling out F@#$head at a 21 year old opposition player, rubbing salt into wounds while they're lining up to respect Luke Breust.

I suspect Ken was redirecting all of his anger from his supporter base continually calling for his head to Ginny over a stupid tweet and he ended up copping the brunt of it all.

It was a terrible look and felt like something that you sometimes see in kids footy where feral parents laugh and mock opposition kids when they lose

Definitely not a great look at all for the AFL.

Last edited:
Haven't made a final decision yet on how I feel about Port's year, considering that it's still going and all.

I've read your posts over the years. You said you don't go to the footy anymore, and don't enjoy it. It's all on the forum. You're not even a member.

I've been a happy member for decades, and this year was great. Next year will be fun too, go Hokball!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've read your posts over the years. You said you don't go to the footy anymore, and don't enjoy it. It's all on the forum. You're not even a member.

I've been a happy member for decades, and this year was great. Next year will be fun too, go Hokball!

You know you’ve got em when they’re pouring through years of your posts on bigfooty

Not my fight, but…………..Joined July 2024?

A response by a man with a vast amount more experience and maturity. It was pathetic and showed no respect to Luke Bruest who has 3 more flags than he has in his entire career, even Ginnivan has 1 more than him. It shiowed no respect to the opposition and was classless.

Ginnivan is clearly still immature and needs to grow up a bit more. At 21 we have all done stupid things but a 5 word response to one of his nates on social media, whilst was stupid, is far from the worst thing a footy player can do.
Hahahah Jesus Christ wake up and smell the roses buddy. That’s an embarrassing bow to draw. Your club has dished it out all year, but won’t cop it coming back your way.

If only the club’s leaders and supporters showed as much maturity around the situation as Ginnivan did, ironically. He couldn’t care less.

This is so odd to me because you either try at something or you don’t? Right? I can’t imagine a professional sportsman getting right near the finish line and thinking “But Ginnivan said this!” Just seems absurd.
I think what you fail to take into account is the fact that these are imperfect human beings. They aren’t perfect robots with perfect motivation, and the motivation to be successful is actually far less strong than most would realise.

In fact our brains really don’t care if we’re successful or happy or not, it really only cares that we’re safe.

One study found that those involved in the study were a whopping 50% more likely to achieve their intended goal if they focused NOT on what they would gain or benefit if they did in fact achieve it, but if they focused on the negative consequences of not achieving the goal.

So in an example like this, the motivation of “we can’t lose to these arrogant flogs who think they can just show up and roll us” could actually be a significantly stronger motivation than “we must win so that we can play in a prelim”.

Your brain really doesn’t care if you play in a prelim or not. All it really cares about is keeping you safe from harm.

Most Hawthorn fans, myself included, were not impressed with Ginny’s sledge. He crossed a line (dislike your opponent, but don’t disrespect them) and Port were deservedly slighted

Ken knows his time is coming to an end - he doesn’t have to worry about decorum or dignity. His conduct was unprofessional and somewhat ugly but he was sticking up for his club and I respect that.

Sicily / Sam did right standing up for Ginni, but should’ve acknowledged that Ginni too was out of line. All part of the fun and intensity of modern day footy

Everyone take a deep breath

A 58 year old that had to respond to a players instagram post after they won a game by less than a kick.

This guy is mentally fragile.
Made the win all about himself rather than the team that took the field. How selfish.

This is where the captain needs to stand up with his leadership group and call him out. Captain looked embarrassed standing on the ground next to him, and rightly so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back