Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm simply asking whether or not people think there is a rivalry brewing between Port and Hawthorn.

I remember 10 years ago when there was post match heat between Brisbane and North, which stemmed from Tom Rockliff directing a homophobic slur towards Brent Harvey.
I thought there might have been rivalry brewing between Brisbane and North, but it turned out there wasn't.
We've been in this comp for nearly 30 years now. I don't think there is much rivalry other than our cross town rivals.

There hasn't been heat since the 2014 prelim, you're making stuff up because you can't think of anything. They need a few games in a row of heated matches for a real rivalry to happen.

There hasn't been heat since the 2014 prelim, you're making stuff up because you can't think of anything. They need a few games in a row of heated matches for a real rivalry to happen.
Are you forgetting the goalpost incident between Hodge and Wingard?
That was after the 2014 preliminary final.

Are you forgetting the goalpost incident between Hodge and Wingard?
That was after the 2014 preliminary final.
That was 2015. There has been nothing of note from then until this year.

Also Ken might still be gone in a week

Our rivalry card is full up, or Melbourne would be on it

Port seem to think everyone hates them
Fan surveys on Twitter aka X show that 7/17 clubs have Port in their top 5 most hated.
Those clubs are Adelaide, Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, North, Richmond and West Coast.

That was 2015. There has been nothing of note from then until this year.

Also Ken might still be gone in a week
David Koch isn't sacking a coach who has just made a preliminary final, which is Port's third preliminary final appearance in five years to go with their four top 4 finishes in five years.

Port have also finished above their cross town rival aka big brother the Crows for the last seven consecutive years.

I quite like how Ken Hinkley goes about it. Port's forward half's lost a tonne of horsepower through the breakdown of Charlie Dixon & injury to SPP. Yet he still chips away whilst copping it left, right & centre from the media and even Port supporters to boot. I have no problem at all with his after the game banter, nothing crude or overtly disrespectful was said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man this whole thing is such school girls stuff. Wah! he said something on social media. Wah! He said something to me after the game. Wah! the media is up in arms. Wah! demand an Apology even though it means nothing. Wha! the AFL demands a "Please Explain". Wah! bigfooty goes into meltdown. Waaaaahhhh!!!!! It’s pathetic when you think about it.
He shouldn’t have to apologise.
But he has shown his lack of class.
A 58 year old man taunting a player after they beat them. What a guy.

Takes all the attention off the teams great win and makes it all about himself.

Let’s face it, Ginnivan deserved the whack…

If you’re a cheeky little bugger, fair play to you, but you’d better make sure you get the job done. He got ahead of himself.

He’s only young, he’ll learn from it, no harm done

I could give a shit about Ken Hinkley TBH.

But I reckon you leave that stuff up to the players. No one would have given a shit if it was one of the boys razzing Ginnivan up... He pretty much deserved it.

Coaches are expected to be a bit above that sort of thing. That's where he went wrong.

Fan surveys on Twitter aka X show that 7/17 clubs have Port in their top 5 most hated.
Those clubs are Adelaide, Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, North, Richmond and West Coast.

What? Where did you get this from? Why would Geelong hate Port? They gave us our best memory yet and now they have Ken who stuck it up the Hawks.
Although I do wish they left that up to us, slightly jealous of Port haha. Slightly

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back