Has the AFL world overrated Taylor Walker?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was sitting 20m away from the play today and the ball was coming in, in line with us, and Walker right in front of us. Made no effort to go for the ball, to crash through or anything. It was atrocious. He is not a captain's butthole. Sloane on the other hand busted his arse for 36 disposals. I've been a Walker fan, but I can't stand his laziness. Neil Craig saw it in him as a youngster and didn't play him because of it.

To be fair to Walker, he hasn’t been the same player since the knee v Carlton a few years ago. Issue is now he’s lost pace and can’t jump.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sitting 20m away from the play today and the ball was coming in, in line with us, and Walker right in front of us. Made no effort to go for the ball, to crash through or anything. It was atrocious. He is not a captain's butthole. Sloane on the other hand busted his arse for 36 disposals. I've been a Walker fan, but I can't stand his laziness. Neil Craig saw it in him as a youngster and didn't play him because of it.
Thats my biggest pet hate about him. He's physically huge and he just refuses 99% of the time to actually use it to his advantage in play. Not sure if that's a club directive as you've never really had a list known for being rough, the virtually non existent suspension history backs that up. But he alone could change that perception.

It's embarrassing when he steps in afterwards pretending otherwise.

Sloane is and always should be the captain.

But he'll boot a 65m long goal soon and everyone will forget.

One of the most intelligent players on the field I've ever watches, but, it's worthless when he shoes himself to be incredibly soft and often lazy in the contest. I've tried to defend him on numerous occasions (and I have no doubt he is still carrying a groin injury that might be a permenant thing now), but he's lost all of his acceleration and ability to win the ball in a contested situation.

When things are going well and he has the ball in space, he's an absolute star but when the ball is there to be won, he's become a third-rate player.

Surely this is no longer in dispute - he's been massively overrated. Barely sighted tonight and got a lucky goal from a dodgey free kick right at the end. No longer in the top 15 KPFs in the competition
You had me till Ben Brown. No doubt Ben is playing some good footy and has lifted North but to rate him alongside Tex confirms troll. Even Cameron is behind Tex
:$

Surely this is no longer in dispute - he's been massively overrated. Barely sighted tonight and got a lucky goal from a dodgey free kick right at the end. No longer in the top 15 KPFs in the competition

:$
Welcome to 2 years ago troll.

How did your team go? **** off troll

To be fair to Walker, he hasn’t been the same player since the knee v Carlton a few years ago. Issue is now he’s lost pace and can’t jump.

Yep, agree. He was a very good CHF until then, but lost his explosiveness. I don't think he was ever at the top echelon, but he was certainly a very good footballer before the knee.

This

Sloane on a bad day will still work hard

Walker will try to get the ball out of the back, I don't know if he has that ability to have a shit game and work his way in. Which you want from a leader

Remove this Banner Ad

Has the AFL world overrated Taylor Walker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back