Mod. Notice Have your say

Which best describes the state of the BigFooty Geelong Board?

• The board is working very well

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • The board is okay, but requires some improvement

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • The board is a mess

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't post much either, but read a lot. Generally, compared to a lot of the others, which seem to be filled by 10 year olds and those with some kind of Axe to grind, the Geelong board if pretty informative and has some good banter.

I agree things do seem to have got a bit more serious, but maybe that is due to a lack of posts from _Me_ to laugh at.

But well done Mods, a good balance seems to have been met.

I love that we allow other supporters to discuss/post here. Nothing worse than an echo chamber.

I like a little OT. We are effectively in conversation, and no conversation is completely "OT less." Of course there are limits.

Personally, a bit more "religious" (for desperate want of a better word) sensitivity would be a good thing. I note a number of instances in this thread alone. We jump on racism, sexism, etc; but "faith" seems to float by everyone unnoticed.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsu:

I apologise also if the clip posted offended you, will try to b a lil more sensitive.. :)

Keep thr chit chat mainly to The Scratching Post and Cat Scan and beef up the real footy topics in the main forum. Mods to take a more active role in starting threads so the lightweight threads become less.

One thing I've been thinking for a while...

The Essendon board have 'Player watch' threads on their main board. It would be great if our board had a dedicated thread to each player, rather than a scattered collection of 'Toast - Tom Hawkins', 'Dear Billie Smedts', 'Is Selwood the next Ablett?' threads. Sometimes I feel reluctant to share my thoughts on a player because I can't find a suitable thread, and it isn't a big enough topic to warrant starting a new thread.

I haven't seen a big footy off-season yet, but am hoping for a thread(s) with any updates on signings/injuries/trade etc.......so we can keep updated on here when information may be difficult to find in the news, especially for those of us living interstate.

The only downside of my time on here so far is the 'cliques' that are seen. As a poster put it so well in the autopsy thread, if you're not 'in' with the crowd, posting can be a bit off-putting sometimes. I enjoy reading people's opinions though, and am glad there's the 'opinion' option for thread titles.

Overall I think the board runs well, and I'm glad I joined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back