Hawk-Talk/Box Hill Hawks Private Sub-Forum now open

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gday everyone,

The 'Hawk-Talk' Sub-Forum is finally 'open for business'.

The rules/eligibility/guidelines are listed below, but to briefly summate, the point of the forum is for Hawthorn fans exclusively to discuss all things in relation to the Hawks (or other things as they see fit).

Things such as Private Training Reports, Exclusive draft information, interviews etc will all be posted in full in this forum (whilst shorter versions will be posted on the main board).

The reasons for this is simple. In this day and age, more and more people (journalists particularly), make it a habit to search the internet forums in an attempt to find any form of 'news' to write about.

One example of this is the exclusive Canberra Draft forum where a kind-hearted poster reported what he had heard for the benefit of those who hadn't attended on Bigfooty, only for a journalist to literally copy it word for word and pass it as his own on the Herald Sun.

It's just not on.

As I mention below, the point of this forum is NOT to be 'clique', but I suppose as a benefit, it just may well encourage those 'lurkers' to join up to BigFooty and start posting - so that they can view the forum as well.

If you're a lurker currently who hasn't signed up with BigFooty and you want to read information such as Rusty's training reports next season, I recommend you sign up now - because remember - you need to be a member for at least 4 months with approx. (the mods will be flexible), 300 posts to be 'eligible' to view this forum.

For those who ARE eligible and want to join up now, all you need to do is,

Click My BigFooty near the top of your screen,

At the next page, along the left hand side in the Control Panel you'll see a number of links, click Group Memberships.

You'll see the 'Hawk Talk' sub-forum (along with a sub-forum for the Tigers 'members only forum', but obviously as you can't join the Tigers forum (;)), click 'Join Group' for Hawk Talk and one of the Mods will then approve you when they next log on!

If there are any hassles, just feel free to ask one of the Mods in this thread and we'll be happy to help you out.

Hawk-Talk

This is a forum designed exclusively for Hawk fans to either discuss issues that are Hawthorn related – or merely talk with other Hawthorn fans without the fear of ‘prying eyes’ from opposition supporters.

Whilst this does mean that Moderators will give posters a little more leverage (in regards to language), please be aware that normal BigFooty rules apply and we will be forced to deal with those who intentionally or inadvertently overstep the line.

As is mentioned on the Zero Tolerance for Trolls thread, ‘keep the debate on this board constructive and don’t resort to personal abuse when discussing a particular matter. If you don’t agree with the views of someone on this board, try and resolve the matter in a fair and sensible manner. ?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion

There will always be times when people present points that you disagree with both on principle and in fact. If you disagree with them, sort out the matter peacefully and preferably without making snide/sarcastic/belittling remarks. That said, if you make a completely stupid remark, you can’t expect to hide behind the rule afterwards when people rib into you!’

In the past, certain information that was intended exclusively for the eyes of Hawthorn fans found itself in the public domain. Whilst this was probably a mistake, in this day and age, these little mistakes have a habit of blowing up in peoples faces (and getting them in trouble), as the media or even unwanted eyes can be very quick to use this information for the wrong reasons.

It is for this reason that the Moderators have decided that all information posted on Hawk-Talk should not be posted or repeated elsewhere on BigFooty (by risk of expulsion from the sub-forum if you don’t comply). Whilst we can’t prevent you from using it elsewhere in your day-to-day life, by granting you permission to view this forum, we can only hope that you wouldn’t abuse the trust placed in you

Eligibility of the Hawk-Talk sub-forum:

Firstly, it should be said, this isn’t a matter of being ‘clique’ – but rather, as touched upon earlier, ensuring that the knowledge gained from viewing the information within this forum doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.

In order to ensure that Hawk fans and Hawk fans alone are able to view this new sub-forum, after much discussion amongst YOU, the posters, the Moderators have come up with the following ‘eligibility guidelines’.

1. Posters must be a member of BigFooty, for at least 4 months with at least 300 posts., obviously being listed as a Hawthorn fan.

Whilst I understand that for some posters who prefer to ‘lurk’ and rarely post this may be a problem, the Moderators will take each invitation on on a ‘case-by-case basis’.

Example 1 – Poster A signed up to BigFooty in June 2007, but only has 150 posts to his/her name. Don’t be afraid to ask for permission, because the fact that you HAVE been signed up to BigFooty for a little while means that you have more leverage over those who have been BigFooty members for a shorter period of time. The Mods will still have a look over your posting history – but the fact that you have been a member for longer counts towards you.

Example 2 – Poster B has been a member of BigFooty for a month and has 30 posts to his name. Whilst the Moderators obviously don’t want to deprive a genuine Hawk fan the opportunity to view the new sub-forum, you need to appreciate the situation that we are in. As long as the poster remains posting for at least another month – and after one of the moderators checking his post history to see if he is a genuine Hawk fan, he’ll be happily admitted to the new forum then and there.

Whilst this sub-forum will pretty much exclusively be for things such as Rusty’s training reports, ‘secret’ Draft info, etc – feel free to add other topic points that you feel other Hawk fans will be interested in.

If you have any queries at all, feel free to ask any one of the Moderators in Gary (Gary Shadforth), Rusty or myself.

Gday, I don't post here generally (I think I have once) and I guess I'd classify as a lurker. I do post on mightyhawk, however, and have struggled to get to 500 odd posts since it started over a year ago. I enjoy reading some of the good stuff here, but don't reckon I can find time to get involved to the extent of 300 posts (I have to do some work). If the good stuff is private, I reckon I probably would learn to live without the bf board rather than be encouraged to post more. Unless of course 300 :thumbsu:'s will cut the mustard?

Good luck with it all though, hope to continue to see rusty's training reports on mightyhawk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can i figure out my total number of posts, anyone?

Also congrats to all the mods, put in overtime to keep everyone up to date with the goings on down at HFC.

Look forward to signing in a month or 2.

Currently have over 10 applications that we are assessing.

Your mods are trialling a new system to check. Takes a bit longer. This is new for us as well so we are feeling our way at the moment.

So if you have applied and not heard back dont worry, you'll here soon enough.

RH

hahahahahahaha - thats more then a little bit sad...:eek:

Ask Suzi how many times she's tried to join the Tigers member sub-forum. ;)

At last count, last week, it was 2 attempts in 4 days.

But geez you're rules are stricter than ours. Its a good idea though. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawk-Talk/Box Hill Hawks Private Sub-Forum now open

Remove this Banner Ad

Back