Hawks and Cats shunted because of the Big Four?

Remove this Banner Ad

from the 'AFL as a business' POV , as well as crowd capacity considerations and the expected attendance of the four matches in Melbourne on that weekend, YES.

from the 'AFL as a competition administrator' POV which should schedule games based on home ground (club preferences) in seeding priority, NO.

does't matter anyway. based on my handy work on the ladder predictor, i think PA will defeat CAR at FP in the final week, so this is how i see it panning out.

QF1 | 1 - HAW vs SYD - 4 | MCG | Fri
QF2 | 2 - GEE vs FRE - 3 | MCG | Sat
EF1 | 5 - RIC vs PA - 8 | DS | Sat night
EF 2 | 6 - COL vs ESS - 7 | MCG | Sun

i think C7 would prefer GEE vs FRE on Saturday evening, but consideration should and will be given to ensure FRE (as 3rd seed) get on a flight back to Perth on Saturday night.

I reckon this is on the money

other factor is the election

Ch 7 would want to use their main channel to cover the election count, we might have a game in the afternoon and twilight, back to back, with no night game

true. didn't think about that.

if there is a match scheduled on sat night, I'd say RIC vs PA would be the perfect candidate in that case.

but if the ALP continue to decline in the polls, i'd say the election winner could very well be determined by 730-800 anyway. C7 and the AFL will be monitoring this in their decision at the end of Rd 23 with regard to scheduling a night or twilight game.

While we're a better chance at Etihad

you only believe your a better chance playing at Etihad Stadium because under Ross Lyon, Fremantle have only ever played the bottom sides at that particular ground.

The only team who was of any quality was Carlton who themselves have been terrible this year.

A society built of ingratitude and a sense of entitlement. Be glad your team will playing finals unlike 10 other clubs supporters who have to watch from the sidelines.

That is a fair and just finals fixture if Hawthorn & Geelong finish 1 & 2. And we all know the AFL is big on natural justice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that should be accepted if it's against freo, would probably get no more at ethiad than you would in Geelong and itd be great for footy.

What a ridiculous statement. 44,460 turned up for the 2012 Geelong/Fremantle elimination final when nobody gave Fremantle a snowball's chance in hell. This year it will be closer to 50,000.

you only believe your a better chance playing at Etihad Stadium because under Ross Lyon, Fremantle have only ever played the bottom sides at that particular ground.

The only team who was of any quality was Carlton who themselves have been terrible this year.

I suppose that is a fair call. However, the reality is also that we have played at Eithad more often than we have at the MCG and so are more familiar playing on its dimensions. That's why Skilled is such a fortress - apart from having a passionate home crowd behind you, your team is really the only one that has a good feel of the ground as anyone else will probably only get to play there once every two years at most.

I hate going to Etihad. As an MCC member, I especially hope Richmond get the game at the G.

It is a pit of a pickle for us this year too, because if Richmond win a 'home game' in 5th vs Carlton or Essendon in 8th, which is a reasonable chance then Docklands is their home ground, not ours.

Not sure if that was mentioned already as I haven't read the whole thread.

from the 'AFL as a business' POV , as well as crowd capacity considerations and the expected attendance of the four matches in Melbourne on that weekend, YES.

from the 'AFL as a competition administrator' POV which should schedule games based on home ground (club preferences) in seeding priority, NO.

does't matter anyway. based on my handy work on the ladder predictor, i think PA will defeat CAR at FP in the final week, so this is how i see it panning out.

i think C7 would prefer GEE vs FRE on Saturday evening, but consideration should and will be given to ensure FRE (as 3rd seed) get on a flight back to Perth on Saturday night.

So Essendon and Collingwood finish below Richmond but get the G and we don't?
Sorry that's Bullshit.
That's what Rohan was whinging about in his article.If he wants Richmond to move because we are lower than Hawthorn then because his team are below Richmond ,they should move also!!!!!!!!!!

We'd get 90k at Richmond Paddock EASY!!!!!!

MINIONS PEE OFF OUT OF THE G!

IT'S OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capacity is 55k? All 3 teams would sell out Etihad vs Port for a final no problems..

Essendon played west coast in an elimination final in 2002 at Etihad stadium and the crowd was only 37,000. So have a final played at Etihad involving Collingwood, Essendon or Richmond at Etihad will not guarentee a sell out!

Plus Collingwood fans dispise Etihad so would be very interesting if they could sell out Etihad for a elimination final

Essendon played west coast in an elimination final in 2002 at Etihad stadium and the crowd was only 37,000. So have a final played at Etihad involving Collingwood, Essendon or Richmond at Etihad will not guarentee a sell out!

Plus Collingwood fans dispise Etihad so would be very interesting if they could sell out Etihad for a elimination final

We hate it too but having not played a final for so long we will sell it out 100%

I don't think the afl will send us there btw

So Essendon and Collingwood finish below Richmond but get the G and we don't?
Sorry that's Bullshit.
That's what Rohan was whinging about in his article.If he wants Richmond to move because we are lower than Hawthorn then because his team are below Richmond ,they should move also!!!!!!!!!!

We'd get 90k at Richmond Paddock EASY!!!!!!

MINIONS PEE OFF OUT OF THE G!

IT'S OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drop to 6th seed, and RIC fans will probably get the sunday final and their MCG wish.

finish 5th, and they will play probably play on saturday and it will be at DS because GEE will host their QF at the MCG. if RIC look to be finishing 5th, bitch and moan about playing at DS in the leadup to finals scheduling and end up playing sunday just so they can get their MCG final, then the tiges if they win will be giving up a two day advantage to the loser of the 1 vs 4 game who will certainly play on friday night.

this was the scenario WCE found themselves in last year. they couldn't play their Wk 1 final on saturday at subi due to a wallabies game so they had to play on sunday, two days after their wk 2 opponent COL who lost to HAW on the friday night. WCE ended up on a 6 day turnaround inc a plane flight. COL were comfy for 8 days.

Poor Pussies and Hawks. What it fails to mention in that erudite Victorian way, is that Sydney and Freo will have to travel, even though they finished above all those clubs that it mentions.
Tough t***ies to Geelong & Hawthorn.
worst thing I've read on the internet. Deserves to be in the herald sun.

I'd prefer to play Freo at Etihad.
It's a tighter ground than the MCG.

In case no one has noticed, Freo hate the ball going out of bounds. Sandilands or no Sandilands.

We smashed them a few weeks ago on a tight ground, Etihad can only help us do it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks and Cats shunted because of the Big Four?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back