Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we get the bye prep wrong?

We struggled to run out the game against North post the mid season bye and hawthorn looked much fitter than us last night.
You mean the bye that won us the flag in 16?

That bye?

It’s crucified us this year because instead of coming in hot, in form, we sat back and lost momentum.

In 16, we got guys fit and hit the finals hard

When you look at it now that its done, two things stand out.

1. the last few weeks of the year we gradually injected experience at the expense of pace and an eye to the future,
we went safe and paid the price,

2. This group carry scars more than most and lack resilience. The hawks have owned us physically for two years and rather than fight to overturn it, they rolled over again...and they'll get a pat on the head from Bevo for doing it.
Exactly….went away from what worked and bought barbecued Daniel back, Hammy Harmes and all the slow as a wet week players.

Let’s beat up on the usual suspects. They are not why we lost. We were out-coached and out fought. Our boys collectively shat the bed.
Agree we were out coached. I said if you swap coaches we finished 2nd. The facts are those blokes aren't up to it. Gallagher still young at least but not ready yet. And the fact that VDM played every game is a joke and that is the coach again that has his favourites and picks the team

Cherry picked stats. Doesn't mention the clangers by Williams or the lack of tackles by some other players.

McNeill took the best contested mark of the game, laid a tackle on 50 for a free kick. He put the ball onto Darcy's chest.

We offed Lachie Hunter but he ran his guts out on the wing.

Our tackling is woeful and we are also dumb on the tackle front. Countless occasions we go for the arms out grasping tackle and get fended off. Just tackle low rugby league style, give the free away and regroup for the free kick. That's how you kill momentum against you.
Lachie Hunter is a 5hit bloke

I’m done. Not going to cancel my membership or anything but there’s only so many finals losses in this manner that the human brain can take.

I’m not the type to just care less about footy, take a break and not let the result annoy me, but I think I’ll have to tell myself to not believe in this team. And I probably won’t again until I actually see them win a premiership.
Self aware poster here

Likewise in terms of personal life. Hope it gets better for you mate 👍
And always lots of people and platforms who care about you not feeling great. Remember that! Whilst we all
Come here to grieve and gloat and argue, we also want everyone to feel well, supported and connected. Go Everton. But remember us here who care.

As I said once his deal was signed, Tim English should never ever had been offered that contract.

When we get a bad midfield performance you can bet your bottom dollar that an uncompetitive English performance is the main driver of it. Happens every time we play a stinker.

Weightman and Jamarra were horrendous and Bont/Treloar had their worst games of the year.

Probably about 6 players or so who had good to okish games.

Lobb, Williams, Richards, Dale, Darcy, Naughton all were acceptable. Freijah had some nice moments as well.
It’s heartbreaking to not disagree but what is to be done?

He had a broken jaw and didn’t set the world alight in his game in the VFL.

He’s a better player than others who were picked ahead of him in his position. He’s a goal kicker and they’re not.

Unless he wasn’t fit he should’ve been picked. It’s baffling that our MC continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

It’s not like they were valuing fitness anyway - Treloar was obviously injury affected and they picked him. Just another symptom of a poorly run footy department.

The same football department needs a revamp in 2025

It’s needed a revamp since 2021.

And I’d bet the Hawks loss yesterday isn’t even reviewed properly, just brushed under the carpet like the 2021 GF.

When other supporters mock the dogs for being a Mickey Mouse club, they’re not right but they might not be 100% wrong.

It’ll be radio silence for 6 months though, hiding behind a finals finish but another abject failure once you actually have to - you know - actually play the ****ing game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is time to talk about a new coach. Bevo will get another year due to his contract but we need a new coach after next year unless we win the flag in 2025. Based on the current coaching it is highly unlikely. 2026 has to have a new coach. I have lost Bevo as a sound coach for the Dogs. His message is gone.

It wasn't easy to estimate from where I was, but it felt like 70/30 Hawthorn (or thereabouts). Interesting for a “home” final at their ****ing ground.

It's funny considering Hawthorn supporters think they get screwed over by the AFL every time.

It is time to talk about a new coach. Bevo will get another year due to his contract but we need a new coach after next year unless we win the flag in 2025. Based on the current coaching it is highly unlikely. 2026 has to have a new coach. I have lost Bevo as a sound coach for the Dogs. His message is gone.
I suspect he will be re-signed for an extra two years, just like he was before the 2023 season started. Jon Ralph indicated the Bulldogs board are 100% convinced he's their man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back