List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is a fair shake? Do you think he will make it?

It took Nash a little while. Under Clarko, he would probably be gone. Glass had glimpses, but had the expectation of being our first Irish recruit. I know with Glass he was more less tried in the back half, think with some development on the wing he could have been alright as that link up player, as he was quick.

I think with the Irish players they need that extra time to adapt. Admittedly not everyone will work, but with time could develop into serviceable players

It took Nash a little while. Under Clarko, he would probably be gone. Glass had glimpses, but had the expectation of being our first Irish recruit. I know with Glass he was more less tried in the back half, think with some development on the wing he could have been alright as that link up player, as he was quick.

I think with the Irish players they need that extra time to adapt. Admittedly not everyone will work, but with time could develop into serviceable players
Glass was someone who could make things happen with ball in hand it seemed just a bridge too far for him not growing up with the game.

From what I’ve seen from O’Hara he’s got some nice tricks but still learning.

Would love to see him get another year and probably 2 to see if it can click for him.

Glass was someone who could make things happen with ball in hand it seemed just a bridge too far for him not growing up with the game.

From what I’ve seen from O’Hara he’s got some nice tricks but still learning.

Would love to see him get another year and probably 2 to see if it can click for him.

Agree with the Irish players, think a little more patience is required, as they are not a quick fix

So can we offer Chad a base 2024 contract and place him on the LTI list? Re-assess where he is at mate 2024 as to a possible extension?
We could but why would we?

Another year older and an Achilles injury is almost worse than an ACL in some ways.

Just don't see what benefit to the club there would be in doing this?

Every list spot is valuable and we need players that are available to play all year long, not in ever narrowing windows of availability like Chad.

Another year older and an Achilles injury is almost worse than an ACL in some ways.

Every list spot is valuable and we need players that are available to play all year long, not in ever narrowing windows of availability like Chad.
It’s one way round the coaching soft cap

Because we are better than the other clubs and we take care of our own. He doesn’t take a spot in the LTI, with an Achilles he won’t play next year. He can coach and provide leadership support for his salary. How are those for good reasons?

If we are contending for a finals/flag and one of Moore or bruest gets injured and he may return it’s definitely worth more then a thought.

Because we are better than the other clubs and we take care of our own. He doesn’t take a spot in the LTI, with an Achilles he won’t play next year. He can coach and provide leadership support for his salary. How are those for good reasons?
Wingard was rolling into insignificance until he played for Box Hill. The way he played for Box Hill with great enthusiasm and the way the boys at Box Hill got around him I believe reinvigorated the Chad. He seemed to re-find the joy in playing.

Every game afterwards was a good game from Wingard.

There is no doubt Wingard is a smart and creative player. His ability to see the field, dodge and weave, and create is as good as there is in the AFL. And he does it all essentially only using his right foot for balance.

Wingard on the LTI list as an extra fwd coach makes sense.

Can he come back from an achilles? Few retain their explosive capabilities afterwards. But maybe he will be one of the few.

He has knowledge to impart and I think he is now less about the Chad and more about the creation of the new Hawks.
If we have him on the LTI we can use that spot in the PSS or MSS. Nothing lost on list spots.

love It FB19

Last edited:
Some ordinary VFL performances this week.

Tucker 2 touches, 1 behind, 1 hitout. Did he get injured or is just raw? Poor performance in his body is understandable.
Meek 6 and 19 hitouts.
Morris 9. You'd think his papers are stamped.
Ramsden 10 and 17 hitouts.
Butler 11 and 0.0.
Brockman 12 and 1.1. Reports are he looks like he's checked out.
Long 15 and 0.1.
Stephens 15 and 0.0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucker 2 touches, 1 behind, 1 hitout. Did he get injured or is just raw? Poor performance in his body is understandable.
Meek 6 and 19 hitouts.
Butler 11 and 0.0.
Long 15 and 0.1.
Stephens 15 and 0.0.
So Ramsden played a lot more ruck and Meek played a lot more forward through instruction. Meek is working on his forward craft. It meant Ramsden spent a lot of time in the ruck against Sweet and we lost a lot in the middle of the ground. We also went in too top heavy this week because we are compelled to play all Hawthorn listed players.

So Ramsden played a lot more ruck and Meek played a lot more forward through instruction. Meek is working on his forward craft. It meant Ramsden spent a lot of time in the ruck against Sweet and we lost a lot in the middle of the ground. We also went in too top heavy this week because we are compelled to play all Hawthorn listed players.
Cheers mate. Hope big Meek can start to clunk a few.

I have not seen Tucker play but his stats in the few games so far have been very underwhelming.
For those that watch BH live, is he not up to it or just a really slow development type?

Does he have a future on our list?

I have not seen Tucker play but his stats in the few games so far have been very underwhelming.
For those that watch BH live, is he not up to it or just a really slow development type?

He is rookie listed a project ruckman so yes a long way to go

Recall vividly that pretty much the same comments were made about Ned Reeves in his first few years - particularly years 1-3. Some posters actually suggested that he only got rookied because his old man was the CEO - that one always made me laugh. Yesterday Ned Reeves comprehensively beat one of the top 3 ruckman in the league Tim English. Ned Reeves was taken in the 2108 pre season draft

For the love of god please give a 19 year old kid still full of pimples a few years before we start writing him off

Meek 6 and 19 hitouts.
Butler 11 and 0.0.
Long 15 and 0.1.
Stephens 15 and 0.0.

Long and Stephens won't make it.

Hope Bennetts, JOS and Butler keep developing. It's frustrating that Butler hasn't really taken a step forward yet, he's got a big year three coming up.

The club has taken very good care of Chad financially. He's a wealthy young man. The decision should be made on whether we think he can continue to offer value moving forward as a player on the list.

Long and Stephens won't make it.

Hope Bennetts, JOS and Butler keep developing. It's frustrating that Butler hasn't really taken a step forward yet, he's got a big year three coming up.
Moore wasn’t going to make it. Seamus wasn’t going to make it. Kozi was done 2 weeks ago. Things change. Players develop at different rates. Some players actually play better at AFL level than VFL level when given the chance.

Moore wasn’t going to make it. Seamus wasn’t going to make it. Kozi was done 2 weeks ago. Things change. Players develop at different rates. Some players actually play better at AFL level than VFL level when given the chance.

For every Moore, Seamus and Nash there are exponentially more that simply just don't make it - Long and Stephens will be two such players IMO as we have too many others ahead of them in the midfield pecking order. I'd like to see Stephens given a go at least before the season is out though.

True. But dozens of players also get delisted every year. A lot just don't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back