List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prefer to keep the Worpedo, but if not he should be worth a first rounder now. Young, entering his prime years, proven performer who's right up there in all the metrics for his role/position.

With Bruest, question is if someone like GWS comes back with a 2 yr + trigger for 3rd offer. Would we match it?

He is contracted so has to be a trade if he wants to leave.

Another interesting thing re the Worps SEN interview this evening. They asked him to name one young player that stands out …….. didn’t take long to mention Weddle. He said that when he gets the ball he just wants to run a bit like Frost 😀 but with his athleticism, aerial ability, size give him 50 games could be anything …….. D+!

Only get two Cat B spots now dewnior so Bennett’s and Ohara are the full allocation.

Worpel and Weddle comments in the Hun last night like we’re sitting on our hands smells like manager induced BS to me

Ok. Any idea how to update Wikipedia?

Screenshot_20230809-213838.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would prefer to keep the Worpedo, but if not he should be worth a first rounder now. Young, entering his prime years, proven performer who's right up there in all the metrics for his role/position.
Don't reckon we'd get nearly what he's worth to us

I’m sure I remember Bruest saying after his last contract he wants to be a one club player so stop the trade/move rubbish and show some respect to a Hawks great!
Hear hear!

Hodge isn't the same, Hawthorn offered a contract to Hodge once he decided to continue playing.
I think you can link Hodge and Gunston leaving to Clarkson's strategy of pushing legends out. It gave people the justification to leave as loyalty was not valued.

Just a terrible way to rejuvenate the list. Let's hope the premiership reunions bring the band and their F/S/D prospects back together.

I think you can link Hodge and Gunston leaving to Clarkson's strategy of pushing legends out. It gave people the justification to leave as loyalty was not valued.

Just a terrible way to rejuvenate the list. Let's hope the premiership reunions bring the band and their F/S/D prospects back together.

The Hodge family are entrenched in QLD and this is a massive concern for us.

Cooper is now part of the Lions academy which will give him the option of choosing Hawthorn under FS or the Lions as part of their academy.

Would be very disappointing if we see the Hodge name in the next few years not playing at Hawthorn.

Is Brockman still wanting to go back to WA? What would the Hawks want for him? Maric from Eagles considering he was a Box Hill Hawk?

I think our list is in a great spot. Yes, our key weaknesses are still the key positions, but do we really need to go out and splash the cash?

What we saw on Saturday against Collingwood was the best forward structure and setup that I have seen us put out in a long while, at least in this decade. Lewis was allowed to thrive at CHF. At CHF, he's able to get up the ground and show his athletic capabilities while being able to track back and win contests up forward.
Ryan was clunking marks for fun. His 200cm stature and long arms make him very hard to stop in an aerial contest. Heck, even Mitchell Lewis couldn't stop him, as Ryan snatched the ball out of the hands of Lewis to kick one of his three goals.
Koschitzke looked much more relieved in a third key forward/pinch hitting ruck role. He was also clunking marks like I've rarely seen him do.
They were also bringing the ball to the ground for our general forwards, who were at their crumbing best on Saturday.
If they can close out the season well as a trio, do we really need to bring in Ben King or Jake Riccardi? Sure, they would fix our issues almost immediately, and I'm a great fan of both of them, but do we need to go out and spend when we could have the answer to our troubles from within?

The question of what to do with our key defensive spot alongside James Blanck is a bit harder. Sam Frost has served us reasonably well, but I think the time has come to move on from him. Jai Serong and Emerson Jeka have performed well at Box Hill as defenders. Sam said DGB will still be a defender. And we have Will McCabe coming in. Much has been made here about potentially bringing in Nick Haynes. I think he would be a good player for a few years.
We need depth in the KPF department. If you bought in King then Ryan would be depth. If you bought in Riccardi then it might be seen a toss up. But either way need another who is ready to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back