List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

No I'd imagine given Blancky is scheduled to start running in December means it wouldn't be appropriate to put him on the LTI for next year and hence no extra list spot through the trade and draft period .

One scenario I could see is Easy Phillips getting delisted, and being offered to stay with Box Hill to bide his time on how pre-season goes for Blancky as to whether Easy returns to the list in the new year as an SSP selection again.

Seeing we will have Battle and Barrass I'd like us to get the best young kid not drafted to train with us over summer in the hope of us taking him with SSP we could get other Newcombe or Dear, seeing it's a draft that bats deep.

I can’t see Dear dropping out of the team.

Weddle will move up the field at some point but I can’t see Sic or Scrim spending much time out of defence. Especially given how Scrim has found his place as a key defender.

With Battle and Barrass coming in I can’t see Serong getting much game time especially given he couldn’t really crack the team this year.
And McCabe will be the priority to develop and get game time when practical

Has Morrison been offered a contract? Would be great to keep him and let him fight for a spot. Would be a big call by him in leaving now that the hawks may be challenging, especially in going to a developing team like North Melbourne.

Has Morrison been offered a contract? Would be great to keep him and let him fight for a spot. Would be a big call by him in leaving now that the hawks may be challenging, especially in going to a developing team like North Melbourne.
So one touch in finals, get rid of the rushed kicks and he played a perfect game

I'd give him another 2.
We can't do that yet. We've got 33 signed seniors now and if we get both B's that'll be 35 out of a maximum of 38.
And remember we have to take at least 3 picks in the draft.

So if it stays as is we can't re-sign Morrison, we'd have to delist & rookie.

Buuuuuut i can see at least a couple of senior list contracted players wanting out so they can get regular gigs.

Players out of contract at the end of the year

1. Bennetts - cat b - can we keep him on cat b and outside the count? Could get promoted
2. DGB - not sure he stays?
3. Morrison - he will play the market as a UFA and see what offers of money and opportunity he can get
4. O'Sullivan - likely gone, too many small forwards way ahead of him
5. Phillips - cat a - did ok when given opportunity, but with Barrass and Battle coming in, he is gone
6. Stephens - cat a - hasn't impressed at BHH, likely gone
7. Tucker - cat a - developing ruck with endurance issues, likely gone
8. Wingard - already retired
(Reeves or 1 other, likely traded)

If they all go except Bennetts extending as a cat b and with Reeves being traded so Ramsden and JUH 2.0 get to be back up rucks then that's
  • 3 spots on senior list (after adding Barrass and Battle)
  • 2 rookie cat a spots
Senior List - Hardwick, Nash, Chol, Day, Ginnivan, CJ, Scrimshaw, Sicily, Amon, Hustwaite, Impey, Lewis, C.MacDonald, B.MacDonald, MacKenzie, McCabe, Moore, Newcombe, Reeves, Watson, Weddle, Meek, Ryan, J.Serong, Ward, Worpel, Breust, Butler, D'Ambrosio, Dear, Frost, Gunston, Maginness, Barrass, Battle (35/38)

Rookie cat a - Blanck, Ramsden, Scaife, S.Mitchell (4/6)

Rookie cat b - Bennetts?, JUH (2/2)

NEXT YEAR

In 2025 players out of contract who will be potentially delisted/retire
1. Breust
2. Butler (if we need spots he could be delisted this year and paid out for 2025)
3. Maginness
4. S.Mitchell
5. Ryan
6. Scaife
7. Gunston
8. J.Serong
9. Frost

They will need good years or they could be gone...

Priority to sign next year - Meek, D'Ambrosio, Dear, Ramsden, Worpel, Ward

Last edited:
I wonder if we will have an unexpected trade or two, like Mitchell, Hustwaite, Serong, Ramsden or Reeves for example?

Surely it's inevitable that some of the depth options will want to explore their options? They are players with some currency that are unlikely to see gametime with us next season.

Reeves and Serong are two that other clubs have been rumoured to be sniffing around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Bennetts - cat b - can we keep him on cat b and outside the count? Could get promoted
3. Morrison - he will play the market as a UFA and see what offers of money and opportunity he can get
5. Phillips - cat a - did ok when given opportunity, but with Barrass and Battle coming in, he is gone

If they all go except Bennetts extending as a cat b and with Reeves being traded so Ramsden and JUH 2.0 get to be back up rucks then that's
  • 2 rookie cat a spots
Senior List - Hardwick, Nash, Chol, Day, Ginnivan, CJ, Scrimshaw, Sicily, Amon, Hustwaite, Impey, Lewis, C.MacDonald, B.MacDonald, MacKenzie, McCabe, Moore, Newcombe, Reeves, Watson, Weddle, Meek, Ryan, J.Serong, Ward, Worpel, Breust, Butler, D'Ambrosio, Dear, Frost, Gunston, Maginness, Barrass, Battle (35/38)

NEXT YEAR

1. Breust
2. Butler (if we need spots he could be delisted this year and paid out for 2025)
3. Maginness
4. S.Mitchell
5. Ryan
6. Scaife
7. Gunston
8. J.Serong
9. Frost

Do you seriously believe we might delist Maginness , Ryan & Serong ?
As none would retire.
Serong likely to win BH b&f

I thought your forte was identifying young talent ??

Do you seriously believe we might delist Maginness , Ryan & Serong ?
As none would retire.
Serong likely to win BH b&f

I thought your forte was identifying young talent ??
Why not add S.Mitchell or Scaife to the query?, I named 9 players who if they don't show something, could be delisted next year, I don't see any problem with assuming players out of contract need to earn their next contract.

Maginness - I think he is no certainty to get an extension after 2025
Ryan - I was very bullish on him during the championships before he was drafted, but he has to show he wants to play AFL footy
Serong - I'm not as bullish on him as much as some on this forum, I think he is doing well at BHH but could just be a role player at the next level

I have identified over half of the AFL talent playing today before they were drafted, I think I'm doing great with little to no resources, I'm most proud of my Ginnivan and Chad Warner calls in which I believe I was alone, among many others.

Last edited:

• 2 rookie cat a spots

NEXT YEAR

1. Breust
3. Maginness
4. S.Mitchell
5. Ryan
6. Scaife
7. Gunston
8. J.Serong
9. Frost

Nice full list analysis Davo-27. As always, you provide Great content for thought. Tough calls are never liked by the one-eyed supporters, but they are by us analysts out here.

First: You made some soft calls...
Stephens is not "likely gone", if he has any sense he has already cleaned out his locker.
And the writing is not just on the wall for DGB, the writing has gone up his arm with an arrow pointing to his noggin.

Some fair calls:
Morrison is doing everything right with the Hawks and yet is still in the last few picked. Is Perryman better than Morrison? Do we need Perryman more than Morrison? I do not know. If so, could a straight swap work for both players?
The big easy got his time on an AFL field and performed well. I hope he goes the Spanger route from team to team to team as the backup interceptor, and have situations fall his way for him to have some level of Spangers's success.

And some Harsh calls:
JOS just needs injury-free continuity of game time to grow what he can do. For mine he has AFL traits, but agreed he is not yet fully showing them.
Tucker shows a lot in spurts but as you say, his tank is not even close to AFL standard. A delisting with a promise to relist in the SSP if he hits an endurance mark would work for me.

Davo-27 your point is well made. Some players that we like will be delisted this year. And you had the balls to name those that are on the chopping block. Kudos to you.

Last edited:

You cannot save them all!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We can't do that yet. We've got 33 signed seniors now and if we get both B's that'll be 35 out of a maximum of 38.
And remember we have to take at least 3 picks in the draft.

So if it stays as is we can't re-sign Morrison, we'd have to delist & rookie.

Buuuuuut i can see at least a couple of senior list contracted players wanting out so they can get regular gigs.
The mandatory 3 picks in the draft may include some rookie elevations of course.

Why not add S.Mitchell or Scaife to the query?, I named 9 players who if they don't show something, could be delisted next year, I don't see any problem with assuming players out of contract need to earn their next contract.

Maginness - I think he is no certainty to get an extension after 2025
Ryan - I was very bullish on him during the championships before he was drafted, but he has to show he wants to play AFL footy
Serong - I'm not as bullish on him as much as some on this forum, I think he is doing well at BHH but could just be a role player at the next level

I have identified over half of the AFL talent playing today before they were drafted, I think I'm doing great with little to no resources, I'm most proud of my Ginnivan and Chad Warner calls in which I believe I was alone, among many others.
Why would I add Mitchell & Scaife ?

I’m not asking about all nine.

I asked about 3 players you think could be delisted

They are all going well, 1 a very good chance to take home BH B&F

I thought it was a fair question to ask.

Alite i take your opening paragraph (post #370) as a swipe at me.
I notice you made mention of all the players listed except the 3 I’m questioning.
Seems you don’t ’have the balls’ that Davo has.

It’s also good to see that you call yourself an ‘analyst’

I’m quite happy to be considered ‘the one-eyed supporter’ if you’re an analyst

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back