List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

So the premiership team is a team that plays very much like our 3peat style of play and took our record of most makes in a GF, is our game heading in the right direction as Brisbane beat GWS who play like us with this style, and Sydney who do not as play at all cost style as what we play but still have some of how we play in there game style got smash also.
I think it's hard to say that a team plays like our threepeat team when each grand final was played so differently.

Most marks is one thing - but it also just says that the opposition is stacking the backline and not concerning itself with what chipping around you do to switch play. Was true in 2008 and 2015 - not so much in our 2012, 13 and 14 grand finals.

Sydney don't play on at all costs but they do take their time to pick a way from defence to midfield. I don't think gamelpan is as much of a problem as relying on a handful of matchwinners to get it done

So the premiership team is a team that plays very much like our 3peat style of play and took our record of most makes in a GF, is our game heading in the right direction as Brisbane beat GWS who play like us with this style, and Sydney who do not as play at all cost style as what we play but still have some of how we play in there game style got smash also.
Brisbane absolutely struggled against GWS and Geelong playing the "kick mark" style in the finals.
What won them both of those games was going all out attack with fast ball movement once they realised they needed to change things up.

It wasn't the "kick mark" style that won Brisbane a premiership, it was their ability to play multiple styles of footy when needed.

Brisbane absolutely struggled against GWS and Geelong playing the "kick mark" style in the finals.
What won them both of those games was going all out attack with fast ball movement once they realised they needed to change things up.

It wasn't the "kick mark" style that won Brisbane a premiership, it was their ability to play multiple styles of footy when needed.
I agree with you P&P. This is the key to finals success. We are getting there, but didn't quite have the versatility when Port nullified our Plan A. Maybe we will have it next year but it might take longer.

JZedd Any reason for the disagreement
I simply don't agree. Ward will make it at the Hawks and I struggle to see how DGB will make it.
Ward is working on specific contested areas in the VFL. He had a better year in 2023. I'm expecting him to come good coz we'll need him. Injuries happen unfortunately.

I simply don't agree. Ward will make it at the Hawks and I struggle to see how DGB will make it.
Ward is working on specific contested areas in the VFL. He had a better year in 2023. I'm expecting him to come good coz we'll need him. Injuries happen unfortunately.
You probably need to read the post again

For those who have seen more of Box Hill than me, what is the issue with Henry Hustwaite? He is big, has poise with the ball and seems to use it well, but he didn't progress at all this year.

For those who have seen more of Box Hill than me, what is the issue with Henry Hustwaite? He is big, has poise with the ball and seems to use it well, but he didn't progress at all this year.
He’s really slow. Doesn’t get much outside ball and gets burned on transition by good mids even at vfl level. Doesn’t suit our running game at all as well. Has talent - just needs a big preseason to find a yard and build a tank.

He’s really slow. Doesn’t get much outside ball and gets burned on transition by good mids even at vfl level. Doesn’t suit our running game at all as well. Has talent - just needs a big preseason to find a yard and build a tank.
He is a good size and is strong overhead. Might do better as a half forward than a mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back