List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me more of James Hird
Will Day reminds me a lot of James Hird (the player not the man). He has time with the ball, is a one touch player and is brave like Hird was.

Weddle is a Koutaffidies clone, a big, fast athletic specimen who can run all day. I hope we try Weddle in that hybrid Centre / Centre Half Forward role that Koutta used to do at some stage.

Is this your thought's Newmo?
We currently have 4 players without contracts for next year - the 4th being Bennetts.
DGB and Phillips likely not there next year with Barrass and Battle coming in. O'Sullivan hasn't had a great run of things due to injury, and while I think he's a great kid, he will struggle to stay on the list with the need for list spots to take to the draft.

We currently have 4 players without contracts for next year - the 4th being Bennetts.
DGB and Phillips likely not there next year with Barrass and Battle coming in. O'Sullivan hasn't had a great run of things due to injury, and while I think he's a great kid, he will struggle to stay on the list with the need for list spots to take to the draft.
Yep never fun to see people leave especially 2 that I had high hopes for. At least Philips got to play a game and with a dearth of KPD might get another shot but just doesn’t suit our game plan.
We started with 37 primary 7 Cat A and 2 Cat B. then we lost 3 which became 36 5 2. If we lose the 3 as Newmo says it’s 34 4 2. So there are 4 spots open. Then we added Battle so 3 spots open.
So in Barrass pick 33 Cody Anderson seems to be the plan. Either ends up 38 4 2 if we have to take Cody Anderson matching a bid in the ND or we can be rookied automatically if he slides through undrafted then 37 5 2.

Last edited:
We will have great depth on our list next year.
KPD - Barrass, Sicily, Frost, Blanck, Scrimshaw, Battle, Weddle, Serong

Med/Small - Hardwick, Impey, Amon, Jiath, Ryan, Mitchell, B McDonald

Wings - Mass, Jiath, Weddle, Morrison, Maginess, Ward

Mids - Newcombe, Day, Mackenzie, Worpel, Ward, Nash, Hustwaite

Rucks - Meek, Reeves, Ramsden
2nd ruck - Chol, Nash, Weddle

KPF - Lewis, Chol, Dear, Gunston, Sicily, Battle, Scaife, Ramsden, Weddle

Med/Small forwards - Watson, Ginni, Moore, C.McDonald, Bruest, Butler, Hardwick, Bennetts

Weddle is a freak he gives us great depth on almost every line especially on game days.

2-3 draft picks to add to this squad.

If Lewis can come back fit it would take our forward line to another level. Our midfield lacks class & depth if Newcombe or Day get injured. Hopefully Mackenzie and Ward can become A graders. This would turn our midfield into a premiership contender.

Love your post, but any current midfield losing two best players will seem to have no depth

Yeah I see a player in O’Sullivan but he struggles to get a good run at it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best 22 in 2025?

FB Scrimshaw Barrass Hardwick
HB Battle Frost Impey
C Amon Day D'Ambosio
HF Macdonald Sicily Moore
FF Watson Lewis Ginnivan
RR Meek Newcombe Worpel

Inter: Weddle, Nash/Ward, Chol/Dear, Maginness/Serong/McCabe

Unless the club and Sicily have been lying, he’ll be staying in his position as one of the best defenders in the league.

Hardwick Barrass Impey
Sicily Scrimshaw Battle
Weddle Day D’Ambrosio
Moore Lewis MacDonald
Watson Chol Ginnivan

Meek Newc Worpel

Int: Frost, Amon, Mackenzie, Dear, Nash.

Not in but will probably play: Gunston, Breust, Finn, Serong, McCabe, Morrison, CJ, Ward, Butler, Mitchell, Reeves, Ramsden, Hustwaite, Scaife.

There’s easily 10 players that could find their way in to our best 23 that are out currently. There’s also the chaos of Weddle, he could play anywhere and the team will change to suit.

Unless the club and Sicily have been lying, he’ll be staying in his position as one of the best defenders in the league.

Hardwick Barrass Impey
Sicily Scrimshaw Battle
Weddle Day D’Ambrosio
Moore Lewis MacDonald
Watson Chol Ginnivan

Meek Newc Worpel

Not in but will probably play: Gunston, Breust, Finn, Serong, McCabe, Morrison, CJ, Ward, Butler, Mitchell, Reeves, Ramsden, Hustwaite, Scaife.

There’s easily 10 players that could find their way in to our best 23 that are out currently. There’s also the chaos of Weddle, he could play anywhere and the team will change to suit.
This side is pretty scary for Oppo teams to be lining up against!

Absolutely agree Sic staying back - he’s AA there, don’t mess with that! I’m sure we can throw forward for the odd cameo but that’s all I see.

Hardwick Barrass Impey
Sicily Scrimshaw Battle
Weddle Day D’Ambrosio
Moore Lewis MacDonald
Watson Chol Ginnivan

Meek Newc Worpel

Could we confuse in r1 and put them at the wrong ends? it would still look ok🤪

Battle Barrass Scrimshaw
Impey Sicily D’Ambrosio
Weddle Newk Amon
CMac Chol Moore
Watson Dear Ginnivan
Meek Day Worpel
IC from: Nash Hardwick Frost Morrison CJ Gunston Breust Ward Mackenzie Maginness Blanck Ramsden Mitchell (Lewis maybe)

That’s a pretty good squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back