hawks trading discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

This so called rumour was obiously made up from some wishful thinking Doggies supporter.

2 years ago i think every single club approached the Hawks about trade possibility of Roughead. They got told go away not up for trade and the same still stands. There is virtually no trade that would see the Hawks trade Roughead. Hell he could play full back himself and has 10+ years in front of him compared to Lake's around 5 years to go.

Asking about a player that publicly stated he would sign on for less to stay at the Hawks to keep the side together and had no thoughts of going anywhere.

I can guarantee you Chris Pelchen and Al Clarkson would do absolutely everyhthing in their power to keep Roughy a Hawk. He is a key component in the premiership model. No point trading one of your keys to get a less worthy key.

Apparently this so called source is fairly reliable, but really anyone could say they have a reliable source. Anyhow judging from thoughts it obviously won't happen.

Apparently this so called source is fairly reliable, but really anyone could say they have a reliable source. Anyhow judging from thoughts it obviously won't happen.

If the Hawks were quietly bantering Roughy's name as possible trade bait i can assure you it wouldn't be quiet for long. Can you name a side that wouldn't be interested in Roughy? A 22 yr old key position full forward that has kicked 75 goals in a year as the second option forward.

I have been bantering this one round a bit but seeing as Lake is out of contract. How about Hawks first round draft pick, probably No.7 or No.8 and Mark Williams??

I have been bantering this one round a bit but seeing as Lake is out of contract. How about Hawks first round draft pick, probably No.7 or No.8 and Mark Williams??

That would never happen, we would want at least a tall back or tall forward. We have too many medium sized forwards. We would consider Dowler, but thats probably it. I don't rate him though so maybe a three way trade with someone.

By the way if you keep Roughead, how on earth are you going to afford Lake? You would have to get rid of Croad or Williams if we can't afford him?

That would never happen, we would want at least a tall back or tall forward. We have too many medium sized forwards. We would consider Dowler, but thats probably it. I don't rate him though so maybe a three way trade with someone.

By the way if you keep Roughead, how on earth are you going to afford Lake? You would have to get rid of Croad or Williams if we can't afford him?

Hawks are not paying 100% of the cap. So definately have room to move. Remember last year Ryan O'Keefe was considered a strong option to come to the Hawks. Also Dew will be gone. Probably not on money anywhere near Lake but with room to move plus freeing up Dew's salary and money should not be an issue.

Roughead publicly stated he would take less than his worth to keep the club together. His best mate is Buddy and wants continued success, followed Geelongs lead on this.

If not Williams, Eade seems to like medium sized players, then maybe Thorp/Boyle ( I know injury prone ) and as you pointed out Dowler.

Would pay you to take Taylor, he has good height.:D Would throw in Murphy and Stokes for a pink handbag and a used condom as they would have more worth.

Ok, this is what iv come up with thus far...
1.Thorp for Moore.......would do
2.Moss/or Willo + Young and 3rd rd pik for Seaby and first round pik.....Thoughts
3.Dowler + 1st +2nd rd pik for Griff and Lake.....Gives dogs a 196/96 size Fwd who hase fought back from bad car acc and is improv'n with every game + 1st rd pik....it also opens up room in the cap + plus gives you a top 10 pik to trade on....??

Gives hawks ...
1.A ruckman
2'.A backman
3.An explosive mid
4.retain a top ten pik
5.Add a third tall option...

West coast.
1.A grade winG
2.Small fwd
3.2ND rd pik

Dogs get
1.Up an com'n Key Fwd
2.Gives dogs 2...... 1st rd piks to deal with....ON TRADE....GET A GUN TO FILL A HOLE
3.OPEN UP CAP AND ALLOWS FOR AKER TO STAY ON and GETR BAZZA
4.3rd rd pik

Croad is getting a one year deal on minimum wage, due to the fact he may not play again.

Anyway we probably wont get Lake we can live with that. We have a younger list than Melbourne (in both Mean and median) so our window will be open for quite a while yet.

Just becasue we had a bad season and have a couple of weaknesses doesnt mean we're going to come to the trade table pull our pants down,bend over and hand out lube.

Ok, this is what iv come up with thus far...
1.Thorp for Moore.......would do

Oh, yes. No idea why Tiges would do it.

2.Moss/or Willo + Young and 3rd rd pik for Seaby and first round pik.....Thoughts

Seaby.....meh. No one is trading for Willo. I'd imagine Eagles would want more for a top 5 pick.

3.Dowler + 1st +2nd rd pik for Griff and Lake.....

THAT is a Lake deal I'd do. 2 top 25 picks plus a guy who needs confidence and could do a bit. More realistic is replacing Dowler with somelike Jordan Lewis though. Gotta give to get.

This so called rumour was obiously made up from some wishful thinking Doggies supporter.

2 years ago i think every single club approached the Hawks about trade possibility of Roughead. They got told go away not up for trade and the same still stands. There is virtually no trade that would see the Hawks trade Roughead. Hell he could play full back himself and has 10+ years in front of him compared to Lake's around 5 years to go.

Asking about a player that publicly stated he would sign on for less to stay at the Hawks to keep the side together and had no thoughts of going anywhere.

I can guarantee you Chris Pelchen and Al Clarkson would do absolutely everyhthing in their power to keep Roughy a Hawk. He is a key component in the premiership model. No point trading one of your keys to get a less worthy key.

Roughhead for pick 2 (Trengove) in this draft..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, yes. No idea why Tiges would do it.

Seaby.....meh. No one is trading for Willo. I'd imagine Eagles would want more for a top 5 pick.

THAT is a Lake deal I'd do. 2 top 25 picks plus a guy who needs confidence and could do a bit. More realistic is replacing Dowler with somelike Jordan Lewis though. Gotta give to get.
Thanx Messenger , i love your work and really place value on your thoughts....:thumbsu::)

Moore and our second rounder for your first rounder and a fringe mid like Young?

Very disrespectful. Talking about a premiership player who was BOG in a grand final until he got injured. An important contributor in a rotating midfield that took us to the top in 2008. Can understand your oversight in watching a team like Richmond week in week out.

There is nothing better than seeing Young with the ball running towards goal and turning on that left. Maybe Rioli and Buddy gets me going more only just.

Very disrespectful. Talking about a premiership player who was BOG in a grand final until he got injured. An important contributor in a rotating midfield that took us to the top in 2008. Can understand your oversight in watching a team like Richmond week in week out.

There is nothing better than seeing Young with the ball running towards goal and turning on that left. Maybe Rioli and Buddy gets me going more only just.

I rate Young as well which I why I put his name out there. I was just thinking that potentially an upgrade from 19 to 10 wasn't worth a player like Moore. Couldn't think of other "fringe" mids who might be suitable....

I rate Young as well which I why I put his name out there. I was just thinking that potentially an upgrade from 19 to 10 wasn't worth a player like Moore. Couldn't think of other "fringe" mids who might be suitable....

Well this is where the problem lies. He is not fringe he is quality this ain't Bay 13. Also consider his age, hope is a wonderful thing.

Doubt it. If you want Roughy, Pick 2 and Frawley! What am I thinking? We aren't trading him!

Even if Trengove turns out to be great player, why would we do that?? Please :rolleyes:

Fair enough -heard rumours of Roughead floated around at Sydney.

We need a young key forward so thought Id float some serious bait (sick of people offering 3rd round picks and average players on the Melbourne board).

ok, thought id bump this thread for no other reason than because HAWTHORN seems to be a factor in all players already mentioned for trade's thus far....so below are a raft of scenarios based on BF..:D And whisper floating around...You tell me are any viable...:confused:
1.Drum for Thorp...
2.Pik 25 for Gibson
3.pik 9 for Burgoyne
4.Pik 9 and 25 for Hale and Gibson
5.Moore for Thorp..
6.Lake for pik 9 and Thorp..
The reason iv used Thorp in so many is that there HAS BEEN plenty of clubs ask about him...FACT:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

hawks trading discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back