hawks trading discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

These are my concerns:

Tarrant has had a great season at FB, no question, but he is a late convert. Beginners luck? And his age is off putting.

Drum. 4 years, 22 games. And Hawks fans in WA are telling us that he doesn't set the WAFL on fire either. He could likely be had through the PSD.

Not that I want Tarrant to leave but beginners luck at 28 after being a previous AA (yes it was as a fwd but that does mean you can play),you surely jest. The age bit I understand.

Drum will not make it past Melbourne in the PSD (It was Cuddles that wanted him in the first place) let alone to your pick. His wafl form was poor because he is a sook. His last few games at AFL level demonstrated he can play but he is no gun.

You have to be having a laugh on this one. Either that or you might be a bit too young to fully understand how trading works and how trading the wrong players can really effect your side. You have said a lot of players in your list who are well and truely on the no go list at Hawks those being...
Bateman
Sewell
Young
Ellis

The rest might very well be used as trade bait but the above have no chance in hell of being traded.

End this thread mods please[/quote]
Great responce...:thumbsu:If you dont like what you read ,go else where.....and as iv said b4.......we have TWO very good players who want to come to our club.....and swap'n them Boyle,Taylor or Thorp and a 3rd rdr WILL NOT GET THE TRADES DONE....

A mate told me this, could be on here already ( i don't look at trades much)

3 waytrade
Hawks get Burgoyne + gibson
Kangas get Dowler/Thorpe + pick 41 + pick 9
Port get pick 5

Hawks loss dowler/thorpe + pick 9 and 41
Kangas loss Gibson + pick 5
Port loss Burngone

Kangas win alittle

but all teams would be happy

we get our wanted men, Kangas get some worth for gibson,port get something better than pick 9.

3 waytrade
Port get pick 5

Port loss Burngone

Kangas win alittle

we get our wanted men, Kangas get some worth for gibson,port get something better than pick 9.

I will be devastated if we lose either of Thorp or Dowler in any trade.

I can not wait to see Dowler in action next year after another big pre season and maybe 3-5 kilos heavier, and the anticipation of Thorp stringing games together next year continues to make me salivate.
I dont think that these trades will become so complicated.

Burgoyne Pick 9
Gibson Pick 25
Drum Pick 41 and (insert fringe player with potential here)

Just my two bobs worth.

3 waytrade
Port get pick 5

Port loss Burngone

Kangas win alittle

How do North win from that?

We go from Pick 5 to Pick 9, we lose Gibson and all we get in return is Dowler or Thorpe and Pick 41. Pick 41 would be compensation from going from Pick 5 to Pick 9, so you are saying that Dowler or Thorpe is a straight swap for Gibson. We may as well just as for Dowler or Thorpe in a swap for Gibson and keep our Pick 5. It doesn't help Hawthorn get Burgoyne under your scenario, but I couldn't see us handing over Pick 5 unless we get something way over the odds.

Now with Roo's showing interest in Tuck...Tuck +25 should get Gibbo's deal done ....
what are the thought's of Roos and Hawks on this one...??

Wrap it up with a tight little bow.

I'm fine with this one.

I think Tuck and 25 might be a little over, but I also think 25 on its own is a little under. Maybe throw in a third or forth rounder but would not be too disappointed if Tuck and 25 goes through.

Now with Roo's showing interest in Tuck...Tuck +25 should get Gibbo's deal done ....
what are the thought's of Roos and Hawks on this one...??

Done. I think that is fair value foe the Roos and slight overs for the Hawks.

Done. I think that is fair value foe the Roos and slight overs for the Hawks.

I think both clubs may even swap 3rd Rounders if thats needed to satisfy this deal.

North: Tuck + Pick 25 + Pick Pick 41
Hawthorn: Gibson + Pick 37

Swapping 3rd Rounders would all depend on if we are planning to draft Myles Sewell and what pick we want to use on him? If we are going to use our 3rd Rounder on him and think Hawthorn or a team with Pick 38-40 might take him, then I would say it would be more likelya swap of 4th Rounders.

At the end of the day who knows what list managers are thinking?

I think both clubs may even swap 3rd Rounders if thats needed to satisfy this deal.

Not sure it changes the dynamics of the deal that much but why the hell not.

What is David Hale's status by the way? On the move?

ok, thought id bump this thread for no other reason than because HAWTHORN seems to be a factor in all players already mentioned for trade's thus far....so below are a raft of scenarios based on BF..:D And whisper floating around...You tell me are any viable...:confused:
1.Drum for Thorp...
2.Pik 25 for Gibson
3.pik 9 for Burgoyne
4.Pik 9 and 25 for Hale and Gibson
5.Moore for Thorp..
6.Lake for pik 9 and Thorp..
The reason iv used Thorp in so many is that there HAS BEEN plenty of clubs ask about him...FACT:thumbsu:

Don't know a lot about Thorp but sounds like we'd be trading like for like. High draft pick, injuries and perceived attitude problems, hasn't lived up to rep, would probably do well at another club and maybe as a forward instead of a back.

This would be a trade that could either work for both clubs and players or just leave them in the same position as before. Doesn't really do it for me. I think the Hawks may want a sweetner and I'd probably prefer to try and get a pick or a pick upgrade for Drum.

How is Moss regarded at the Hawks? Only seen a little bit of him but seems a bit of a goer. You're mids are pretty strong and you have a few on the list. Is Moss superfluous or probably a required player in the future? Is he going to get many chances inthe next two years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swapping 3rd Rounders would all depend on if we are planning to draft Myles Sewell and what pick we want to use on him? If we are going to use our 3rd Rounder on him and think Hawthorn or a team with Pick 38-40 might take him, then I would say it would be more likelya swap of 4th Rounders.

At the end of the day who knows what list managers are thinking?

Agree, it will all be shaped in the thoughts of the list managers. Its all speculative from our part.

Tuck for Gibson straight swap is what I think might happen if we are willing to part ways with Travis. I ideally would like to keep him, however he isn't in our best 22, probably would be in Norths if injury free.

25 or Tuck for Gibson is my opinion.

9 and a player for Shaun (if he nominates Hawks, which I think he won't due to $$$). The best player I think they can get is Ladson (I hope he stays), I am willing to settle for Tuck, McGlynn, or Moss in this deal.

Lewis is not tradeable. 102 games 23 year-old entering his prime, a leader of our club, premiership midfielder. Forget him Choco, the kid is a gun.

I think Tuck and 25 might be a little over, but I also think 25 on its own is a little under. Maybe throw in a third or forth rounder but would not be too disappointed if Tuck and 25 goes through.

Ok if you think Pick 25 by itself is a little over than why don't don't you pit him against Gibson in a series of one-on-one battles. And maybe that will tell you his actual worth. I personally think Tuck+p25 is a decent deal that both clubs can benefit on, albeit more for you guys cos Gibson is an undersized kpp.

Ok if you think Pick 25 by itself is a little over than why don't don't you pit him against Gibson in a series of one-on-one battles.

In a cage?

Would they being wearing armour?

Please go to bed.

Ok ,havent posted here for a while ...so time for a update..
1.Gibson deal appears done to me.Pik25 + another pick = Gibbo
2.Real interest in the following players
A. Kennedy
B. Mcglynn
C. C.Brown
D. Thorp
E. Dowler
F. Ladson
G. Lewis
3. Burgoyne deal seem to have stalled..an offer has been put to port and port are yet to reply..??
4. Hawks are now chasing a ruckman behind the scene's...Don't be suprised if Jolly is linked to us in the next day or two..

Nearing the half way mark of tradeand thus far...
1,Hawks get Gibbo for piks...
2.Today/Tomorrow will see hawks land Berga...with our first lose of a player this trade ...whisper is Mcglynn/Brown/morton...but i have no positive link on this yet.
3.Looks like joey will be going to Swan's for a 2nd or 3d Rd pik and im keen to get peoples thoughts on this...??:confused:
4.The Bombers are pushing hard to get willo so im also keen to see what people think is a fare swap....I DO KNOW HAWKS WANT pik/piks...
5.I am also very supprised we have not chased a ruckman........YET;)

Remove this Banner Ad

hawks trading discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back