Review Hawks v Dogs Practice Match, Wednesday 24th Feb 10.30am

Remove this Banner Ad

That second quarter gave me a lot of hope for the rest of the year. Make no mistake - I'm aware of who we were missing & who the dogs had out as well.

Downie's repeated second efforts were something you would see from a player with several years more experience. We've got someone special here.

Brockman has that something that I want to see every week. Ok, he's going to be competing against Hanrahan for a round 1 spot and Ollie was very good today. Patience will be the watchword.

O'Brien & Lewis both showed the tantalizing form that they've done for seasons. Now is the time for both of them to push on.

Worpel was very good against a midfield that had our measure.

I like Greaves. I'll cut him plenty of slack as the margin between his best & worst gets narrower & narrower.

Hartigan is a good pick up.

Morrison has improved a lot over the off season. His work rate was far greater than the last time he rolled out against the dogs.

Let's see how we go against North. We're nowhere near as bad as the doomsayers believe.

Let's see how we go against North. We're nowhere near as bad as the doomsayers believe.
Agreed. I'm as certain as you can be that we will, at the very least, win more games this year than we did last. For starters, our gameplan is set up around playing half our season at the 'G and Launie, between which we played a grand total of one game in 2020 (where we handled the eventual Prelim finalist with relative ease). I expect us to win 8-10 games this year, more in '22 and then be back in finals in '23.

Hopefully, the stream link remains open for a replay. Many live stream events I've watched after the fact; hopefully this is the same scenario.
Ok. I'm ready to watch the replay if possible? And treat it live...
I've tried the link but no luck... Sorry for asking again, but do you or anyone else know how I can watch the replay? Or do you know if I can't?

I've tried the link but no luck... Sorry for asking again, but do you or anyone else know how I can watch the replay? Or do you know if I can't?
Nope, not available for a replay...just tried it.

This
Does anyone know if a replay will be made available? On youtube perhaps?

15min highlights package of every goal is the best I've been able to find.

North Melbourne's clash with Hawthorn will also no longer take place in Tasmania, with the League deciding on Wednesday to relocate the fixture to Arden Street.

Morrison really impressed me i have to say. And I haven't been a fan the last 2 years.
Bringing his training form into the game. Has been a standout on the track.

Agreed. I'm as certain as you can be that we will, at the very least, win more games this year than we did last. For starters, our gameplan is set up around playing half our season at the 'G and Launie, between which we played a grand total of one game in 2020 (where we handled the eventual Prelim finalist with relative ease). I expect us to win 8-10 games this year, more in '22 and then be back in finals in '23.

agree completely. Although we actually played 2 games and the one we missed was a smacking of the eventual premiers, so your point is even more relevant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Praccy game so not fussed about the result tbh.
But really enjoyed how we played , can cop it being a long season if we play like we did today .

Loved what the young guys in general bought to the side. So good to see burst running and hard tackling .

Downie will be a steal , he is good to go .

Other positive - being slapped around then coming back , was sadly missing last season so very a good sign early.

Glad footy and the hawks are back

Praccy game so not fussed about the result tbh.
But really enjoyed how we played , can cop it being a long season if we play like we did today .

Loved what the young guys in general bought to the side. So good to see burst running and hard tackling .

Downie will be a steal , he is good to go .

Other positive - being slapped around then coming back , was sadly missing last season so very a good sign early.

Glad footy and the hawks are back
If we play the way that we did today all season a lot of the commentators and footy proffs will be eating their hats- would love to see it!

Regardless of the result and the personal performances! The most pleasing thing for me was the direction in the coaching box!

-Rotated the Rucks alot.
-Rotated the centre square. Bruest,Phillips,Moore,Morrison etc
-Rotated full fwd. (Tob,Lewis,Kosi)

3 ticks for me. Very happy sometimes stale and predictable I see a lot of positives today, i look fwd to seeing clarko build a we'll oiled machine!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Hawks v Dogs Practice Match, Wednesday 24th Feb 10.30am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back