Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - rip it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot believe the crap about Langford.

He played an amazing role today. He murdered Wells. Not only tagging him from the stoppages but then running fiercely forward and Wells just gave up. He was awesome today and Wells was nothing.

I remember a shot of Wells sitting on the bench hands on head and i reckon he was thinking who is that prick!
Not sure if you were at the game but youre wrong about Langford. He didn't play on wells at all. That was the brilliant shiels doing the job. Langford fumbled two simple handball recieves in the middle of the ground costing us momentum big time! Just because we won it doesn't mean everyone played well. Out he goes hopefully for sicily next week on.

Not sure if you were at the game but youre wrong about Langford. He didn't play on wells at all. That was the brilliant shiels doing the job. Langford fumbled two simple handball recieves in the middle of the ground costing us momentum big time! Just because we won it doesn't mean everyone played well. Out he goes hopefully for sicily next week on.

You are kidding right?

Langers and Shiels rotated between Wells and Cunnington.

Not only had more possessions, goals, score assists and tackles they just broke them.

Boomer wasn't even tagged but just having these two tackling machines near him made him check out for the day too.

Considerable improvement in our clearance work today. Shiels is an unsung hero for the team when it comes to setting up around the stoppages, his defensive pressure and tagging role frees up other players around the ball.

The only frustrating thing today were the 2nd and 3rd quarters and our high ball kicks into the forward line.

On a positive note our First Qrt was the one of our best Qrts this year. We were running late (traffic in Melbourne is beyond ridiculous these days) barely sat down at our usual seats when we had 3 goals on the scoreboard.

He killed Wells.

I'm confused.

What are you talking about.
I'm with you.

Wells had no impact around the stoppages. Whenever he went in there, Langers was there too.

It's amazing how some just look at possession numbers and the sort and completely forget DEFENSE WINS PREMIERSHIPS!

I'm with you.

Wells had no impact around the stoppages. Whenever he went in there, Langers was there too.

It's amazing how some just look at possession numbers and the sort and completely forget DEFENSE WINS PREMIERSHIPS!

We always agree.

It's because we watch the same things I suppose.

McEvoy drives me nuts. I'd drop him.

Should be rubbed out. No such suggestion from the TV commentary team though.
No he shouldnt and wont. He needs to have a blinder against the $wans next week. If the other top 4 aspirants lose a game we are still guaranteed second spot even with one more win. GWS did us a favour today. We need one more of Syd, Gee and Adelaide to do the same. Sydney in Tassie is the best chance of that happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not prepared to right off freo not giving the crows a surprise tomorrow and tigers are another that "may" turn up to play against the cats

Wishful thinking I know but stranger things have happened

Is Birchall the most dependable bloke with the ball in his hands and a kick about to be delivered?

Thought he was so reliable today.

Mitch by hand and Birch by foot... we are blessed at The Family Club.
I regularly have this convo with the guys I sit with at the footy. So many players rush with ball in hand or panic. Birchall rarely ever does. He looks at all options and more than just about any other player makes the right decision.

Yes he has the occasional disposal stuff up but it's so rare for him compared to 95% of players that it's more noticeable when he does.

I always say this on here too but he is so criminally underrated on here. Still frustrates the hell out of me when people seem to not notice how bloody important this guy is to our side.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

We always agree.

It's because we watch the same things I suppose.

McEvoy drives me nuts. I'd drop him.
He took some good saving marks down back, wasn't a great game but far from his worst. Didn't think Cegs had a great day either. Problem is would Fitz be any better because we know Pitts isnt ready.

He took some good saving marks down back, wasn't a great game but far from his worst. Didn't think Cegs had a great day either. Problem is would Fitz be any better because we know Pitts isnt ready.

Maybe we rest one each over the next few weeks.

McEvoy's best is fantastic.

His worst is costly. Yeah he took a few marks and things but his ruck work was bad today.

We will be just making up the numbers unless there is substantial improvement over the next several weeks. One of Sicily/Burton/O'Brien have to have an impact otherwise I can't see us scoring enough goals to win.

Maybe we rest one each over the next few weeks.

McEvoy's best is fantastic.

His worst is costly. Yeah he took a few marks and things but his ruck work was bad today.
His ruck work is rarely good though. He's battled all year and deserves a week off but would you want a week off as a player at this point?

Doubt we'd bring Fitz in off a 5 day break to Perth for his first game but you never know. If he brought his good effort every week I'd be happier with him of course but he had a patch earlier where he played hurt and we know he can bring it in finals.

Going to need a big effort from both next week

At the ground it looked like they've put the whistle away for Poppy, maybe his high tackle days are done but there were so many holds ignored

We are good at many things. We are the best at some - including kicking the ball long to an opposition defender!!!
Man its doing my head in!!
I dont want to diss the many positives but this side of our game is incredibly frustrating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - rip it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back