Preview Hawks vs The Roos - changes, discussion, Majak Daw sightings etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez the North side looks slow on paper.

Hoping Smith and Hill in particular have big games burning away from blokes along the wing

Their forward line looks poor, especially given the form of Black and Petrie, and Brown has played 2 games.

Reckon we'll win regardless of which North Melbourne side (good or bad) shows up. It will just be the difference between a 40 point win or a 100 point win.

In my opinion he is every bit as good of a midfielder as any of the big names (yes even Gazza for overall impact), I remember back in 2005 when he played predominantly midfield, he had something like 8 games straight of 30+ posessions and was regualarly seen steaming out of the middle after roving a tap and hitting a 50M laser like pass onto the chest of a forward, I think he had 36 and 6 goals against the Bulldogs in that span of games.

Hodges best as a midfielder is excellent. I'd argue he's easily as good a footballer as all those you mentioned but probably not as good a midfielder, he simply can't cover the ground as well as the rest. Hodge is a guy you give a job, or vague directions and then let him play, position is almost irrelevant. Give him a starting spot then sit back and watch him run the show.

Gotta feel for Big Boy. I'll tell you what though ceglar will be playing out of his skin to retain his spot. That can only be a good thing I reckon
Don't fret too much. Big Boy is already seen by the club as a future leader. But great to see that the Cuban (Ceglar) is going so well. Hope it continues. I think Hale might be a late out, rested.

If he doesn't end up playing, looking forward to see McEvoy take on the Dirty Dons B-side on Saturday :thumbsu:

Hoping Smith and Hill in particular have big games burning away from blokes along the wing

Their forward line looks poor, especially given the form of Black and Petrie, and Brown has played 2 games.

Don't worry its not just on paper! Don't think iv seen a slower side! We are in serious trouble!

Reckon we'll win regardless of which North Melbourne side (good or bad) shows up. It will just be the difference between a 40 point win or a 100 point win.

And that worries me the most. We should shit this in, are at the start of a run of games we should win. But I think the same thing happened last year as well and we just got over the line in both games. In the first game we were stuffed but somehow managed to win. Tough game in the wet last week, but I shouldn't worry, they lost to brisvagas FFS, but if the shinboner spirit kicks in ...
And someone crunch Harvey!

Gotta feel for Big Boy. I'll tell you what though ceglar will be playing out of his skin to retain his spot. That can only be a good thing I reckon

I'd rather play seconds at Hawthorn than in the firsts for the Saints. Reckon it'll be Big Boy that's playing out of his skin - to crack into the side.

I'd rather play seconds at Hawthorn than in the firsts for the Saints. Reckon it'll be Big Boy that's playing out of his skin - to crack into the side.
I bloody hope you are right Wallyt99. Big Boy was showing good signs at BH a fortnight ago. If Ceglar continues with his current vein of form it's going to get mighty interesting for the selectors.

And that worries me the most. We should shit this in, are at the start of a run of games we should win. But I think the same thing happened last year as well and we just got over the line in both games. In the first game we were stuffed but somehow managed to win. Tough game in the wet last week, but I shouldn't worry, they lost to brisvagas FFS, but if the shinboner spirit kicks in ...
And someone crunch Harvey!
A 40 point win against the good version of North Melbourne is a really good win. It hasn't been seen in a while though so I think it will be closer to the 100 point margin. I tipped 87.

Who knows, maybe we'll see some freakishly good version of North this week. It seems unlikely though as most of their fans have written this one off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really thread worthy but I didn't really pick up on a Sam Mitchell injury thread... I wonder if it's because he is so rarely injured and has been such a great servant of the club that we were all just like:

"Yep he's injured... He'll be back when he's ready."

Will be the sub.
Very good side.
Lithers, Spang & Shoe have three weeks to impress before Gibbo returns.

He cant replace all three, and if you are right, mr injury curse will have gone away it seems like only one recent game has been injury free (collingwood)

It's funny because last year Norf pushed us in both games in the H&A and I thought that it was their pace that really worried us.

Amazing how much things can change in 12 months.

Not sure the timing of Dermott's article bagging out north is very clever from an ex champion of the club
I know WTF! Dermie was a champion player for us but as for his work in the media etc.
His opinions & analysis are some of the worst of all the media germs. That for me is very very hard to say for an absolute monument of our club.
Yeah & bagging the club his old side is about to play, faux pas Derm!
In all intents & purposes we should win this game quite well. Go Hawks.

Dermie always seems to bring out these articles the day before we play the oppositions.
He does it with the bombers nearly every time we play them.
If Norf need a article bagging them to play good then they have mental issues and if the hawks lose to a team that is as bad as Norf just because Norf get a bad article about them then the hawks are not mentality switched on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back