Hawks were lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

rb214

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gee being a North supporter I am happy enough, we are out of form a bit at present and still were unlucky to lose a match against the Hawks.

I must say though I thought the Hawks were a lot better than they are. I was thinking last week they are the only challenge to Geelong, i was wrong. In the form we are in at present Geelong would have won by 11 goals. Hawks are no flag contenders and after last night I dont think the Saints are.

Maybe its Port who are the real chance. Maybe its the Dogs.

I knw its not us at present but it sure isn`t Hawthorn eitheir.

155733289_44299089e6.jpg

You make your own luck. ;)

We played poorly, with players down, key players out, coming back from Perth, and still won.

I think that is a massive positive, to still win when you have a down game against a bogey side.

We have work to do, no doubt, but 3-0 considering who we had out for the first 3 rounds, massive result for the club.

Weird thread, we are on top of the ladder at present.

Hawks did get out of jail today.

However, I think they showed that they wanted the win more.
In the last 1/4 our clearance rate increased
We ran harder
We were more desperate
We were better when we needed to be better.

Gee being a North supporter I am happy enough, we are out of form a bit at present and still were unlucky to lose a match against the Hawks.

I must say though I thought the Hawks were a lot better than they are. I was thinking last week they are the only challenge to Geelong, i was wrong. In the form we are in at present Geelong would have won by 11 goals. Hawks are no flag contenders and after last night I dont think the Saints are.

Maybe its Port who are the real chance. Maybe its the Dogs.

I knw its not us at present but it sure isn`t Hawthorn eitheir.
Bit early to be writing teams off at this point in the season. Remember geelong started poorly last year and so did sydney the year they won the flag.
I think we are good enough to make the finals but it is way too early to make a call on how far we can go. We can certainly play a lot better than we did today.

You make your own luck.

We put the pressure on for 2 quarters so it comes down to how much you take advantage of your opportunities compared to the opposition in the other two quarters.

We should have 3 more goals in the first quarter and were wasteful in the 3rd quarter as well. Hawks made the most of their opportunities.

We just continue to put players in the side who have been dubious in the first two weeks, when it gets close it is those weak links that hurt more.

I am not overly concerned, we were 0-3 last year, so we are one up from last year. We still have massive room for improvement.

Good sides win when they don't play well.

Bad sides lose despite playing to their best.

With two men down, a 30 point deficit and our two best midfielders having off days, Hawthorn showed they are the real deal.

Despite it all and playing as well as they could, the Roos couldn't quite get away with it. Not anymore.

Hawks did get out of jail today.

However, I think they showed that they wanted the win more.
In the last 1/4 our clearance rate increased
We ran harder
We were more desperate
We were better when we needed to be better.
No we didn't. We dominated the 2nd and last quarters. The first quarter was dreadful and the 3rd we had chances but didn't make the most of them. The poor start just makes it look like we got out of jail.

Hawthorn are the real deal? Most of your supporters claim the Kangas are fodder yet you lead for about 5 minutes today.

Real shit more like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny funny stuff.

Giving us crap for winning.

And you guys bag Hawthorn supporters.

"We are a happy team at Hawthorn, we are the Mighty fighting Hawks" would have been sung quite loudly I imagine.

The Roos are a good side, they proved it last season. What more did they have to do to get a bit of respect around here?

Their game plan suits them to an extent. But it seems like they (once they get a lead going) are just constantly trying to hold back the tide. Which is impossible, eventually teams will crack them and run over them.

They aren't Syndey or Adelaide in that regard, and should just play full throttle for a whole match.

Good side, poorly coached.

The Roos are a good side, they proved it last season. What more did they have to do to get a bit of respect around here?

Their game plan suits them to an extent. But it seems like they (once they get a lead going) are just constantly trying to hold back the tide. Which is impossible, eventually teams will crack them and run over them.

They aren't Syndey or Adelaide in that regard, and should just play full throttle for a whole match.

Good side, poorly coached.
I think they are an average team that lacks star power. They are however very competitive and play well as a team. If the teamwork drops off they really struggle.

I think they are an average team that lacks star power. They are however very competitive and play well as a team. If the teamwork drops off they really struggle.

Yeah, what can we do, we can't all suck for 5+ years sucking up priority picks.

Was at the game and it was looking like the Semi final all over again - our errors in skill and discipline were being punished severely by a very clever side.

What ther Kangas don't have in elite players, they more than make up for in homework and sticking to a disciplined game plan.

When you consider most of Nths goals were from fast breaks or turnovers from our rubbish disposal, decision making or brain fade frees - the game was exactly that - play like crap and we'll get spanked (ala the semi final) or play to our strengths and make them earn it.

That has been our undoing against these sort of sides (Syd, Nth, Coll, Adel) in the past but we are slowly working our way around it....slowly.

Still, it was a great contest and there's no doubt North will improve and are still a quality side capable of giving it a shake.

Look fwd to the next encounter.:thumbsu:

Yeah, what can we do, we can't all suck for 5+ years sucking up priority picks.

Or collecting your draft picks for our cast offs. Is Laidley looking to trade for Jacobs. He must be worth at least a first and third pick :D.

I feel this will be moved to bay13 very soon.

Hawks lucky - HA!

Roos fans, try telling your team to play thru the corridor atleast once a quarter. Talk about going the cape!

Stop start football won't win you many matches.

Hawks skills were poor early but was the fitter team and that told at the end of the day.

Haha bitter much?

Not really, angry at Richmond for being morons and not taking Franklin and spreading the talent load.

They should have had Pav and Franklin, the talent spread would have been more even than it is.

I am still trying to work out how you got Hodge and Croad out of Freo...

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks were lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back