List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another thing to point out here is that isn't there some personal circumstances behind Scully wanting to get back to Melbourne? You just gotta love how someone like Dane Beams gets immunity with this kind of thing (maybe twice). I don't 100% know the facts on Scully's circumstances but I thought I read something last week about it and that GWS would not stand in his way.

I can't wait to see Kornes have to pick up his bottom lip when this deal gets done. Hopefully soon so we can hear him have a big whinge.

Hawthorn: So we’re thinking pick 15 and maybe a second rounder for Chad.
Port: That won’t work for us, we’d need a player to be part of the deal.
Hawthorn: Hmmmm....depends on who you’re talking about, who do you have in mind?
Port: Well, he’d have to be South Australian. Ideally top 20 draft pick, certainly would have had to been nominated for the Rising Star. Maybe someone who plays off half back but can drift forward. Couldn’t be any older than 21. We’re pretty sure you’ve got someone that fits that description...?
Hawthorn: You mean Burton?
Port: You said it, not us.
I'd say that if there was any truth to his statement then it's based on a technicality similar to what you've got there. If we have indeed gone ahead and straight up put Burton on the table then there is something the club is aware of that we supporters don't know. I'm sure the full truth won't emerge until after the trade period.

Seriously - don’t let yourselves be gaslighted into believing Port are saints here.

It is really unprofessional for a list manager to cast shade on another club on radio, and is indicative of said clubs behaviour towards us over many years. They have an angle in tryin to create a perception about us, and it’s all to do with getting the result they want. Not the truth.

Trade radio has no idea of the current landscape, and the repetition of guests and lack of awareness to get multiple points of view is stunning. They have no interest in corroborating anything anyone says.

Yup,

Also, from all that:
I reckon there’s a fair chance we’ll get Chad for pick 15 OR Burton.

They are very aware of chads FA stays next year, and he’s not on megabucks.

Surprised they’re throwing all the toys out of the cot tho.

Surely, if they want Burton, they want him as a promising 21yr old, not as a player kicked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing to point out here is that isn't there some personal circumstances behind Scully wanting to get back to Melbourne? You just gotta love how someone like Dane Beams gets immunity with this kind of thing (maybe twice). I don't 100% know the facts on Scully's circumstances but I thought I read something last week about it and that GWS would not stand in his way.

I can't wait to see Kornes have to pick up his bottom lip when this deal gets done. Hopefully soon so we can hear him have a big whinge.

Kornes saying we need to pay a first pick or it’s an AFL investigation. I’m not joking.

Our priority as follows

1. Chad Wingard. You don’t get many opportunities to pick up an A Grade star at 26 so you do whatever is required to make it happen.

2. Tom Scully. If we need to increase our offer to make this happen then let’s get it done.

3. Scrimshaw. This is a real gamble for me. If you cannot get a game for the worst club in the Comp and they are prepared to let him go (pick 7) for a bag of twisties is a massive warning sign. Let’s hope we know what we are picking up!!!!

Our priority as follows

1. Chad Wingard. You don’t get many opportunities to pick up an A Grade star at 26 so you do whatever is required to make it happen.

2. Tom Scully. If we need to increase our offer to make this happen then let’s get it done.

3. Scrimshaw. This is a real gamble for me. If you cannot get a game for the worst club in the Comp and they are prepared to let him go (pick 7) for a bag of twisties is a massive warning sign. Let’s hope we know what we are picking up!!!!

With Scrimshaw it's more realising that he's hating it up at the Gold Coast, he's not able to apply himself due to his surroundings. We're still getting him young enough to develop him as a Hawk. You can't judge kids based on their application up there - it's a 1st rounder grave yard.

There has to be issues and question marks with Scullys body and hence why a late pick can get a deal done.

If he is only on 500k as reported then that would bring very other club into a trade discussion for him and the Giants could drive a hard bargain like they are doing with Shiel.

I would suggest this has a lot to play out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has to be issues and question marks with Scullys body and hence why a late pick can get a deal done.

If he is only on 500k as reported then that would bring very other club into a trade discussion for him and the Giants could drive a hard bargain like they are doing with Shiel.

I would suggest this has a lot to play out.
GWS were to be $2m over the cap had they not shed players. The AFL knows this.

They've even said that salary dumps will be allowed via trade this year.

Could some kind soul please summarise the gist of the past few tweets for those of us with Twitter blocked at work?

Particularly the Port git...

There is absolutely no way that I will listen to trade radio today and the painting of our football club in a poor light courtesy of those ****s at port

If the hawks cannot find a way to make them hurt I’m going to be disappointed
They're already hurting. Port Adelaide just pushed their most exciting and marketable player out the door and they won't be getting the high draft picks they were hoping for. Their fans will be baying for blood once this deal is done.

Could some kind soul please summarise the gist of the past few tweets for those of us with Twitter blocked at work?

Port Git implied that Burton was being "pushed out" and that we "100%" raised him in the trade scenario.

Also, Scrimshaw looking likely to become a Hawk and has had discussions with Clarko. Scully has been spoken about as potentially staying, but that's one of those things that the list managers say until the deal is done.

Did we attempt to close down Breust talk in the past? Genuine question.
I'm not sure Bruest was ever genuinely brought up in the same manner. It was all just "Wayne Carey says Luke Breust could leave Hawthorn".

Port are claiming Hawks put Burton on the table on them
They know he is a free agent next year expect he would have looked at his options next year
said if the Adelaide boys (Rankine etc) they would just go after them in 2 years
GWS list manager pissed about the Roob article and media talk that Shiel is already a Bomber
Scrimshaw wants to be a Hawk, loves the club and would love to play/train alongside Scully and learn from him

The one thing I find baffling about Ryan Burton is everyone keeps talking about him being a second year player. I feel like it's so prevalent people genuinely think he was drafted in 2016.
They're talking in terms of effective AFL seasons. Yeah, he played a few games at the end of his literal first year but in terms of playing AFL he's the equivalent of a second year. Just like how we talk about this being Morrison's first season even though he's been on the list 2 years and played a game end of 2017.

I'm not sure Bruest was ever genuinely brought up in the same manner. It was all just "Wayne Carey says Luke Breust could leave Hawthorn".

Breust was asked if he'd be open to a move to the GC, just as all our players are when brought up in trade talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back