List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port need two first round picks to save face. Their whole narrative has been driven towards achieving that outcome. Pre trade period Hinkley stated that as the desired outcome.

Could we trade pick 15 plus our future first round pick (last year we can do this before the restrictions come on board) and negotiate a 2nd or 3rd round pick in return?

Two first round picks (and a crack at a top 3 pick under the new points structure) is much more appealing then an end of first round compensation pick in a shallow draft?

Given we supposedly have cap space to spare we can throw all our eggs at the Cogs basket as a RFA next season and hit the draft in 2020

Wingard, Scully and the development of Burton, Mitchell, Worpell, JOM, Hardwick and Sicily will help us close the talent gap on Melbourne, Richmond and West Coast

Doesn't this say more about the risk around ankle? I can get my head around pick 53, but Scully surely would not accept those figures unless he too recognised there is real risk here???
Always risk in any trade . I would back our medicos in that he is in decent enough shape to return to a high level of form.

Maybe he wants to come home and we are the best fit for him , so happy with that $$$$

I think it’s a great move for us

it will probably be band 1 compo. where it sits in the first round depends on your finishing position, hence us getting screwed with Buddy.
...i think.

so either 15 plus steak knives this year or somewhere between 6 and 12 in a much weaker draft next year.
I tend to agree, I think they'd get band 1 compo - all hell would break lose if it was band 2. Lycett was band 2 but it doesn't really matter as the eagles won the flag - same pick either way.

Port need two first round picks to save face. Their whole narrative has been driven towards achieving that outcome. Pre trade period Hinkley stated that as the desired outcome.

Could we trade pick 15 plus our future first round pick (last year we can do this before the restrictions come on board) and negotiate a 2nd or 3rd round pick in return?

Two first round picks (and a crack at a top 3 pick under the new points structure) is much more appealing then an end of first round compensation pick in a shallow draft?

Given we supposedly have cap space to spare we can throw all our eggs at the Cogs basket as a RFA next season and hit the draft in 2020

Wingard, Scully and the development of Burton, Mitchell, Worpell, JOM, Hardwick and Sicily will help us close the talent gap on Melbourne, Richmond and West Coast
Ports narrative is their problem
Crows trying to get pick 5 off the lions is also their problem

We know Scully likes money. Annoying that loser clubs have entered the fray.

Scully got all the money he needs at GWS - now he wants homes and at a good club.
I don't understand why we all think that Coniglo is a fait accompli to come to Hawthorn next year.

The suitors are going to be lined up 10 deep.

My guess is that while we haven’t really played the free agency game to this point - it will be different with Coniglio. An easier manager to deal with, friends with OMeara and Mitchell from WA days and I think we will have the money to put on the table plus clarkson and Mitchell coaching him.

But you are right every man and his dog will have a crack.

GWS owe us for giving us Orourke after we gave them pick 19. Big bonus for us is Essendon look like paying overs for Shiel in terms of draft picks and Salary. We're getting both Wingard and Scully for almost the same price. Clarko and GW are geniuses. Top 4 lock it in.
If those rules applied, we’d owe North Melbourne about 6 first rounders for all their lopsided trades over the years.

Ports narrative is their problem
Crows trying to get pick 5 off the lions is also their problem

They could take our pick 15 and bundle it with their pick 6 to the Saints who have pick 4 but no more picks till past 50 which would be a win for both clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez if that’s right and we are getting Scully for pick 53 ( even 35 ) on 500k for 4 years , that is one incredible bargain if he gets somewhere near his best

I’m wrapped with that , he is exactly what we need to take heat off Smith and the mids

It’s also an amazingly creative punishment for Issie spilling the news on Russell - sign one of the few guys who’d beat him in the time trial....

Gold Coast could be a key factor in this trade, which would be bundles of fun to deal with.
Yeah, I could see a three-way with picks from us and Port going to Sun's, sun's getting picks back and us getting scrimshaw and Wingard

They could take our pick 15 and bundle it with their pick 6 to the Saints who have pick 4 but no more picks till past 50 which would be a win for both clubs
It's not a bad option, it's actually pretty good value for the saints
So they will scoff and **** it up no doubt, though it is drafting picks which they do like :think:

Port need 3 or 4...they should b going hard for either for rankine.

Couple our 19th pick with Lovell or mile to try and get a pick this year. That would suit them. 2 first in a bumper draft.

Port need 3 or 4...they should b going hard for either for rankine.

Couple our 19th pick with Lovell or mile to try and get a pick this year. That would suit them. 2 first in a bumper draft.

Spot on.

Smart money would be to do a 3 way with GC to send Port pick 3/ Rankine.

The best news is that the Crows are trying to do the same thing. Port must beat them to the punch, or no Rankine for you.

Time pressure may force their hand.

Sit tight Wrighty.

Yeah, I could see a three-way with picks from us and Port going to Sun's, sun's getting picks back and us getting scrimshaw and Wingard

It's not a bad option, it's actually pretty good value for the saints
So they will scoff and **** it up no doubt, though it is drafting picks which they do like :think:

It's as close as port will ever get to the number one pick. Assume Walsh goes 1 then GC have 2 and 3 - now they could take Rankine and Lukocious and Port would be left with the choice of a king Twin or another less touted but still very good SA kid - or they could get lucky and the SUNS take one or both of the King Twins making all the SA kids available to them at pick 4

If I were Port I'd take our 15 and a second rounder and get this done - If I was the Saints they will get two really good kids from this.

(and being Hawthorn we get Wingard keep next year first and Burton - plus the whole Scully thing - sets up nicely but don't tell anyone)

Spot on.

Smart money would be to do a 3 way with GC to send Port pick 3/ Rankine.

The best news is that the Crows are trying to do the same thing. Port must beat them to the punch, or no Rankine for you.

Time pressure may force their hand.

Sit tight Wrighty.
Hawks and Port both want to get this done.
We've got the pressure of adding an A grader to our mid and getting onto whatever late period shenanigans Wrighty wants to much around with.
Thye've got the pressure of upgrading whatever we get them to the SA kids in teh draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back