List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I right in saying that the club has 4 more list spots to fill, 2 national and 2 rookie draft picks? Not including any potential category B rookies signings.
I think its 2 national and 3 rookie (4 including Langers)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is every chance we will look back on this trade period as an absolute bounty of best 22 acquisitions.

Great call, if Scully is still running around for us in 3-4 years and Scrimshaw is a best 18 contributor then it is a massive win.

Wingard is the known quantity in the whole equation, but with upside.

Very happy with our trade period.

Look forward to seeing how we fill the Roughie/Frawley losses in the next few years.

Fingers crossed Brand and Lewis become key contributors.

I'm still bullish on Brand. He's looked fantastic at times, bog average at others. Hopefully with some consistency comes confidence and he can flourish as the key back we desperately need.
Yes I think Brand can make it. In my opinion he would really benefit from Clarko telling him he is first 22 this year as I get the feeling he is a real confidence player who needs someone backing him in.

Yes I think Brand can make it. In my opinion he would really benefit from Clarko telling him he is first 22 this year as I get the feeling he is a real confidence player who needs someone backing him in.

Agreed. I think we need to persist with Brand and ideally give him consistent time. Not chop and change him on a weekly basis.

Let's not forget that he kept Buddy goalless in 2017.

Agreed. I think we need to persist with Brand and ideally give him consistent time. Not chop and change him on a weekly basis.

Let's not forget that he kept Buddy goalless in 2017.
It would also be important to mention that it wouldn’t of been just him keeping Buddy goalless but rather the team defence. If Brand wants to be best 22 he will need to earn it like everyone else with no special concessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still bullish on Brand. He's looked fantastic at times, bog average at others. Hopefully with some consistency comes confidence and he can flourish as the key back we desperately need.
Yep.
He’s a 24 yr old with 38 games to his name & some on here expect him to be a star already

Perspective from them is needed.

Yep.
He’s a 24 yr old with 38 games to his name & some on here expect him to be a star already

Conversely you can argue that at age 24, and having only played 38 games so far in a team that has one other KPD in Frawley for the last three seasons, is also telling.

It would also be important to mention that it wouldn’t of been just him keeping Buddy goalless but rather the team defence. If Brand wants to be best 22 he will need to earn it like everyone else with no special concessions.

Agree he needs to play seniors consistently to build confidence/continuity but you are right that the concern is that he can struggle with where he needs to be if we are zoning/guarding space.

Hopefully this is a high priority for the club as the list isn't exactly bursting with key defender options.

Yep.

I think Brand can be a really solid AFL player. It seemed last year it was only one of Frawley or him in the team, he was solid when given the chance.
Frawley had better straight line speed, body strength, Brand is more composed/better kick.
If Brand can improve his body work a bit more over the preseason, then Clarko has a real 50/50 call if he only wants to play one of them.
But this could all change with the changes to the rules, and both play. With Sicily more of a interceptor, 3rd man up role, with NorCal back as a distributor.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Conversely you can argue that at age 24, and having only played 38 games so far in a team that has one other KPD in Frawley for the last three seasons, is also telling.

You could argue Frawley was banking credits early in the year, he turned things around and good on him. The flip side of that is when Brand had an average game he was back at Box Hill the next week.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

& at the same age Josh Gibson had played just 43 games.

As I said, some perspective needs to be put in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back