Hawthorn and Geelong - Civilised Posters Only

Remove this Banner Ad

I am making this thread for those supporters who actually noticed that the final margin was 11, and not 111. I know some supporters out there are good sports, and this game was a terrific exhibition of Australian Rules Football. So why hasn't anyone acknowledged this?

So this means we don't have to endure 400 threads about how everyone's scared of Hawthorn and we all envy you and are in awe of their "kids"? Funny how you want a bit of civility when you get done. And yes the margin was 11pts. An injury ravaged North only lost to a full strength Geelong by 12pts a few weeks ago. Take your medicine or piss off. :thumbsu:

Hawthorn still lack the maturity that wins a big game like that.

While Geelong have 3 or 4 elite players [as do hawthorn, but 2 of ours were not playing last night] we also have a lot of A Grade players that fill the gap with no drama, Hawthorn go from the elite to B graders, with games and exp that gap will close though.

lastly Work Horses always beat Show Ponies!

I never said that was it. My "project" requires a full 24 hours after the game was played.

In that case, maybe you should have waited 24 hours before you started the thread ...

Nah, this sort of self-indulgent crap would be laughable whenever it was posted. It's a pathetic deflection attempt that bears no resemblance to what you (and all of your strangely quiet, usually big-mouthed cohorts) would have posted if Hawthorn had seized the best opportunity all year to beat Geelong. No Ablett, Ling, Milburn and Chapman 2nd half - it will be along time before they are more vulnerable.

Hawks no better than the rest of the pack, which has been proven conclusively over the past 6 weeks.

Great game, great atmosphere and, in the end, Geelong's experience got them home. We had our chances and the Cats took theirs, so no excuses from me.

A few observations:

- IF Buddy can get his kicking right he will be bigger than Jesus.
- Franklin beat Scarlett
- Selwood is quality
- Corey, Enright, Selwood and Bartel (and Ablett) are the benchmark midfield team
- Hawthorns defence is not as bad as people think
- David Johnson is a very average footballer
- Cyril Rioli is a star.
- Geelong are definitely beatable and are nowhere near as good as their supporters make out.
- Hawthorn played good footy and should've won the game

Well done to the Cats. Better on the night but certainly don't hold any fear from me should we meet in September.

• Geelong can play at 7% with 6 Key Players out and still beat the supposed 3rd side.
  • Umpires Love Hawthorn.
it has gone from 4 to 5 to 6 players out ?

umpires love hawks don't think so you guys got 28 free's to our 24 ?
anyway they were bad for both sides not just hawks we got a mark paid from a touched ball i could do a list of the ones we did not get but i don't want to argue
so I'll leave it there :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game, great atmosphere and, in the end, Geelong's experience got them home. We had our chances and the Cats took theirs, so no excuses from me.

A few observations:

- IF Buddy can get his kicking right he will be bigger than Jesus.
- Franklin beat Scarlett
- Selwood is quality
- Corey, Enright, Selwood and Bartel (and Ablett) are the benchmark midfield team
- Hawthorns defence is not as bad as people think
- Cyril Rioli is a star.
- Geelong are definitely beatable and are nowhere near as good as their supporters make out.
- Hawthorn played good footy and should've won the game

Well done to the Cats. Better on the night but certainly don't hold any fear from me should we meet in September.

All spot on. I have to acknowledge being one who thought that the Hawks defence was very suspect, I've changed my mind. Agree about D Johnson - could be his last seniors game? If either Milburn or Wojak were available he wouldn't have got a run. Also, Ellis is better than I thought. Give him 50 plus games and he could be very good.
Either team could have won, both had their chances. It is a sign of the new Geelong that they won what they would have lost in the past.
It's set up for a great finals series.

A few observations: - Corrections in RED

- IF Buddy can get his kicking right he will be bigger than Jesus. - If's don't win you games.
- Franklin beat Scarlett - Yes but Geelong beat Hawthorn
- Selwood is quality - We know
- Corey, Enright, Selwood and Bartel (and Ablett) are the benchmark midfield team - We know
- Hawthorns defence is not as bad as people think - It's actually worse!!
- Cyril Rioli is a star. - He's as good as any indiginous small forward.
- Geelong are definitely beatable and are nowhere near as good as their supporters make out. - Not beatable by Hawthorn however
- Hawthorn played good footy and should've won the game Should'ves don't win you games.

- Better all the time not just the night. :thumbsu:

Buddy beat Scarlett in a 5 minute spurt due to excellent delivery from the Midfield.

Buddy kicked 4 goals.

One of these goals was gifted from the umpires
Another he swooped on a poor Geelong turnover from Rooke.

So in effect he kicked a measly 2 on Scarlett.

Well done Scarlo! :thumbsu:

* Scarlett kept Buddy to 2.4.

* We were missing the best player in the comp, the best shutdown player, the best player at breaking the lines & probably the best half back flanker, and Chappy didn't play the second half.

* Ottens showed why he's the 2nd best ruckman in the league when fit.

* No more of this Hawthorn has the wood over Geelong crap anymore.

Wow..you had an 18 man backline with a cluster defence and still let us kick 88....

LOL!

As I said didn't have the balls to go 1 vs 1.

Hahaha, Scarlett went man on man and Buddy handed him his arse on a platter.

Wow..you had an 18 man backline with a cluster defence and still let us kick 88....

LOL!

As I said didn't have the balls to go 1 vs 1.
no it was 17 as buddy or willo or even Brown at least one of them was in our forwards line while the rest were scattered through the midfield and back line we had your 17 in our forward line too a couple of times too , all teams do from time to time so don't single out the hawks for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn and Geelong - Civilised Posters Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back