Player Watch Hawthorn Board B+F 'The Rusty Shield' - The Winner is crowned!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hawthorn Board B+F (still to be named) - Please name your best 5 players here ...

5. Brown
4. Hodge
3. Schoenmakers
2. Hooper
1. Ellis

Re: Hawthorn Board B+F (still to be named) - Please name your best 5 players here ...

5 - Hodge
4 - Brown
3 - Lewis
2 - Mitchell
1 - Gibson

5 - Brown
4 - Hodge
3 - Gibson
2 - Peterson
1 - Hooper

Great to see the new boys fighting hard to keep their spots once the stars come back. Hope they keep it up.

5 Hodge
4. Lewis
3. Brown
2. Birch
1. Murphy

Good intiative this ....

5. Hodge
4. Brown
3. Lewis
2. Ellis
1. Gibson

But honestly, so many could stake claim for votes. Special mention to Ossie- he is very important to us- doesn't show up on many stat sheets, but he has a hand in a lot of our goals....

(in no particular order)
Hodge
Moss
Brown
Peterson
Lewis

5. Hodge
4. Ellis
3. Brown
2. Birchall
1. Peterson

5. Hodge
4. Campbell
3. Ellis
2. Gibson
1. Renouf

Edit: That's Campbell Brown of course, not big bob. Although his assistant ruck coaching may have helped!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Hodge
4. Ellis
3. Brown
2. Gibson
1. Lewis

Re voting - we have a real challenge here.

The BF members who are at the ground see the game totally different for the guys who view it via TV or listen on the radio.

If you are at the ground and elevated you get a greater vision of the entire ground ie seeing off the ball blocks, great running to position (Changer/Ladson/Mitchell etc). Murphy running off his opponent for team play (and then left stranded if things go wrong).

Mitchell was criticised in this thread that he was not in the best players - OK that is the persons opinion but you have to consider what his particular job was and most times we (BF members) have no idea what the instructions are.

Do we expect Mitch to have 40+ posessions before even consider him to have a good game?

Ellis to me had specific duties and carried them out very well - I could not fit him in my top 5 yet I am sure the coaching panel liked his game.

This will be very hard to administer however I really like the idea of a BF Best & Fairest award.

5.Lewis - is this his break out year to elite mid
4.Brown - I may have misjudged his place in the 18 before, but will not again.
3.Ellis - was the link up man all day and had a hand in so much
2.Hooper - his second efforts and chase we sublime. Must continue to do this.
1.Gibbo - was a calming influence and a creative outlet from the back half.

Mitch & Hodge were great, but i expect that level of play from them both. especially against the dees.

5. Lewis
4. Hooper
3. Hodge
2. Brown
1. Gibson

Hard to even do a special metnion, you could argue votes for numerous players on the day. Hope it is this difficult to cast votes for every round.

5 - Hodge
4 - Gibson
3 - Lewis
2 - Brown
1 - Murphy

The BF members who are at the ground see the game totally different for the guys who view it via TV or listen on the radio.

If you are at the ground and elevated you get a greater vision of the entire ground ie seeing off the ball blocks, great running to position (Changer/Ladson/Mitchell etc). Murphy running off his opponent for team play (and then left stranded if things go wrong).

Mitchell was criticised in this thread that he was not in the best players - OK that is the persons opinion but you have to consider what his particular job was and most times we (BF members) have no idea what the instructions are.

Do we expect Mitch to have 40+ posessions before even consider him to have a good game?

Ellis to me had specific duties and carried them out very well - I could not fit him in my top 5 yet I am sure the coaching panel liked his game.

This will be very hard to administer however I really like the idea of a BF Best & Fairest award.

I guess this is directed at me - in which case it is misdirected. I didn't criticise Mitch at all - I said he played a solid game. I was just surprised he was considered so highly in the votes amongst some people.

For the record, I WAS at the game and WAS sitting in an elevated position. It was for that very reason that I thought Lewis was BOG. Did those things you attributed to Mitch - namely running to position. He was clearly our hardest worker on the ground to run hard to provide the backs with an option and then get on his bike and still get up the other end and pump the ball inside 50.

Either way, it's all opinion. I don't think the fact that some people disagree with you causes any problems. There will be enough voters every week to get a balanced view and ensure the fairest votes are given overall.

5. Hodge
4. Brown
3. Lewis
2. Gibson
1. Mitchell

Honourable mentions to Peterson, Murphy, Renouf and Hooper.

I know what you are saying here TBX, and even when casting my votes wondered from what perspective people were voting but ultimately it seems to be about 10 players in the mix with the top 3 or 4 standing out from all others. It seems to be working okay.

I couldn't find a spot for Mitch either, only because I thought Suzie's challenge, and therefore contribution was greater than Sammy's. Mind you, there was at least 6 other players I would have been comfortable in putting in that spot.

Maybe we could tweak it a bit by rather than just giving the 5,4,3... adding your reasoning and justification for the votes.

I know what you are saying here TBX, and even when casting my votes wondered from what perspective people were voting but ultimately it seems to be about 10 players in the mix with the top 3 or 4 standing out from all others. It seems to be working okay.

I couldn't find a spot for Mitch either, only because I thought Suzie's challenge, and therefore contribution was greater than Sammy's. Mind you, there was at least 6 other players I would have been comfortable in putting in that spot.

Maybe we could tweak it a bit by rather than just giving the 5,4,3... adding your reasoning and justification for the votes.

Great:thumbsu:

I didn't give Lewis a vote and applaud everyone who did.
Suzie's endeavour was great - again did not give him a vote.

I do think that X makes a very good point about attending the game as you do see things quite differently than simply seeing the game on the tv and this can influence your votes as can a single event or missed opportunity.

Above all I think we should just accept it is a subjective decision - one poster will put more weight on goals - another on clearances or stopping a star on the other side from scoring.

The thing about saturdays game is 10 players probably could justify a vote as it was a very even team performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back