Moved Thread Hawthorn - Excuse Now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Every Cats win over the Hawks brings them one closer to a loss. Hawks will get us one game soon, hopefully it's not an important one.

It won't be this year.:)

I'm sure most people with any idea would agree that Rioli had very little positive influence today. (As has been the case repeatedly in big games.) Let alone being in your best handful. What a joke

I would of said a round 1 Prelim rematch was a pretty big game. Rioli wasn't too bad then.

I can't understand how so many people can show so much venom towards a softly spoken, humble, unassuming kid from the bush just because the media put him on the back page...

I hope you're not a grown man because its pathetic.

the margin between geelong and hawthorn isnt close, if you keep losing by a kick to a side as much as hawthorn do, then the two clubs are obviously not evenly matched, otherwise it would have gone your way one or two of the times.. it shows that geelong in the crunch time lift to a level hawthorn cant go with

if you want to look at a marginal difference, the final last year of 6 goals is probably realistic

You know Chunky..you're quite right. Rioli is generally an unassuming guy who has great ability. I think he cops it from supporters of other sides because...

1) Of Bruce......and the media generally

2) Because he fades in and out of games...no doubt when he is " on " he's great to watch

3) Lauded too much by rabid Hawk fans who pump him up to be more than he is.

Its not fair on him really.. he doesn't seek hero worship and likes to keep a low profile off field. He plays scrupulously fair and has as good evasive skills as any player in the competition.

He's a very good player, but, at least at this point, not a great player. He impacts on games, but usually not for long enough.

Interesting....he's good enough and skilful enough....but not for long enough. Sounds like Hawthorn as a whole doesn't it?

I was actually waiting for the whistle on that one as well and I thought at the time that the ump was in a good position to see it, but I also thought that about Yarran on Thursday night so who knows if it was completely over the line or if the ump had blurred vision from the rian. :cool:

I can guarantee you the ball was clearly out when Franklin kicked it.. Watch the replay and pause it for yourself.

So on this topic, it makes you wonder why the umpires don't use replays in these situations. It's a matter of time until this costs a game for a side. I can assure you that if Osbourne kicked that goal and Hawthorn won, this would now be all the talk. It seems as though the current use of replays by umpires is pretty useless, this is actually one thing they could get spot on. Interesting.

So Hodge, Gilham, Bailey and Shiels are comparable, or even better, than Wojcinski, Varcoe, Scarlett, Josh Hunt, Menzel and one of Stephenson, Vardy or Simpson?

Cool story.

Puopolo too.

And yes, I would say they are comparable.

It doesn't matter injuries should never be an excuse anyway. There is avdifference between listing your outs as a reason for the loss and listing outs as a positive for the rest of the year and an area to improve.

I would of said a round 1 Prelim rematch was a pretty big game. Rioli wasn't too bad then.

I can't understand how so many people can show so much venom towards a softly spoken, humble, unassuming kid from the bush just because the media put him on the back page...

I hope you're not a grown man because its pathetic.

Rioli should/could be an absolute star but he is unfortunately Lazy. He picks and chooses which contests he prefers to get to and appears disinterested with the others.

I'm thinking maybe he lacks a little ticker, a bit frightened to go in and get dirty with the tough guys, timid of injury occuring. A corky perhaps.

Rioli should/could be an absolute star but he is unfortunately Lazy. He picks and chooses which contests he prefers to get to and appears disinterested with the others.

I'm thinking maybe he lacks a little ticker, a bit frightened to go in and get dirty with the tough guys, timid of injury occuring. A corky perhaps.

Sorry but all of that is a load of crap

I can guarantee you the ball was clearly out when Franklin kicked it.. Watch the replay and pause it for yourself.

So on this topic, it makes you wonder why the umpires don't use replays in these situations. It's a matter of time until this costs a game for a side. I can assure you that if Osbourne kicked that goal and Hawthorn won, this would now be all the talk. It seems as though the current use of replays by umpires is pretty useless, this is actually one thing they could get spot on. Interesting.

Personally I don't like the whole video thing. Where do we draw the line at what we want looked at - old fashioned I am and I realise lots of dollars now involved but lets leave things alone, it's worked okay so far

Ridiculous thread about Hawks excuses, after all who cares what the fans say as to why we lost? I am sure the playing group know why and how they lost it.

This is a quality post.

Very refreshing to see an honest and blunt assessment from a Hawks fan - certainly could use more in this thread.

My hats off to you good sir/madam :thumbsu:

How well the hawks bounce back from this will define their season and finals aspirations.

The majority of Hawks share this opinion,particularly in this tgread

You're just looking for the ones who don't so you can push your agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but all of that is a load of crap

Oh no it's not. Watch him closely my fine feathered friend.

images

I have. Lots. No doubt more than you have too. Much more.

As a Hawks fan Im very happy with the effort and commitment Rioli puts in every week.

A typical Hawthorn supporter accepting mediocrity. That used to be our culture in the 80's-early 90's.

Still do by the looks of it. 3 out of 5? Please! At least try stringing a couple together FFS! :)

We have a winner in the Pulitzer Prize.:thumbsu:

Cats fans must absolutely love the meltdown after each hawks loss. Fair enough too - hawks fans would be dining out if it was reversed. Patience is a virtue........

I'd be happy to be disagreed with, but to be honest I don't see many Cats fans putting the stick in while I'm at these Hawks games. On the flip side, I didn't necessarily feel that way when we lost the flag in '08 either. I don't mind Hawks supporters generally, in comparison to some other clubs (Carlton especially :thumbsdown:), they are great. I'd say it's called mutual respect gained over a large period of time. Never minded Pies fans either for that matter... far from the worst / most arrogant.

thanks grizzly we dont want it in the bay....shit thread is shit.

**** off back to the main board.

Then there's that whole "Parallel Universe" thing. Every point that becomes a goal changes the entire future of the game. You simply can't extrapolate that way unless it's a kick after the siren in any given quarter.

I was starting to wonder that I was the only person on BF that realised this.

The only point yesterday that would have won the game undoubtably was Gunston's with 5 seconds left, leaving Geelong no time to score a winner. The other 4 happened in the first 15 minutes of the quarter, leaving ample time for Geelong to win the game. Change one of those behinds to a goal and for all we know Geelong could have instantly replied from the centre bounce and rode that to a 5 goal win. Or the Hawks could have done that, no one will ever know

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Hawthorn - Excuse Now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back