Moved Thread Hawthorn - Excuse Now?

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO, Hawks have 2 weaknesses that need to be addressed for them to win the flag.

They need some decent key defenders....maybe Roughy will step up.

And stop Mitchell and you go along way to stopping the Hawks. He needs help in the midfield.

Oh and one other thing....Buddy needs to stop trying to kick "Hollywoood" goals and just kick the ball properly.

Top game to watch, as a completely neutral supporter I felt Geelong to be the stronger team but obviously under great pressure from a very skillful team on a high.
Geelong are the best team still, at the moment... some others are coming. Its a long season.

IMO, Hawks have 2 weaknesses that need to be addressed for them to win the flag.

They need some decent key defenders....maybe Roughy will step up.

And stop Mitchell and you go along way to stopping the Hawks. He needs help in the midfield.

Oh and one other thing....Buddy needs to stop trying to kick "Hollywoood" goals and just kick the ball properly.
Hodge & Shiels are 2 players who could help Mitchell out in the midfield. Hopefully at least 1 of them will be back next week.

I agree on the defence we have Gilham to come back but he is undersized too and isn't the answer imo.

I would like to see Roughy tried at CHB and maybe even throw Shoenmakers forward and see how he goes.

Amusing the op is a pie supporter

No excuses and jimmy bartel is the difference
As soon as the cats hit the front, knew we were done.
So many wtf's - buddy dribbling the ball x 2, roughie missed and the biggest brain fade of all - ossie. I can't even imagine what he was thinking.

Well done cats

Good game - spoilt by biased umpiring towards losing team!
Geelong will get found out for pace as the year goes on but boy are they a bloody good team. Hawthorn need some KP defenders, will be exposed come finals unless they find some.

Hawthorn need to stop blaming Schoenmakers when Buddy had about 3 chances to win the game and blew them all.

I think you'll find 'Hawthorn' don't blame Schoenmakers, it's the keyboard heroes that do.

A 21yr old CHB is not going to dominate a bigger, stronger opponent in every contest. He's got a lot to learn, but that's why Clarkson is persisting with him.

We lost the game through poor decisions and goal kicking deep in the last.

I'm a little confused as to how I should store this one in the memory bank actually.....a 3 pt loss, or a 3 second one. It's all a bit too familiar, to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geeez there's some spankers in here. School holidays I suppose. Everybody watched a great game of footy against great rivals in last years premiership side Geelong, and the up and comers in Hawthorn all decided again by less than a kick.

Excuses? Geelong ended up being the better side again and got the points. I just hope the round 19 game is another cracker.

Good game - spoilt by biased umpiring towards losing team!
Geelong will get found out for pace as the year goes on but boy are they a bloody good team. Hawthorn need some KP defenders, will be exposed come finals unless they find some.

As will Carlton

How will they get found out for pace?

I guess Smedts, Bundy, T Hunt, Motlop, Duncan, will all be slower than Jimmy, Sel, and Chappy....

Those under 30 gamers are slower than the older blokes you know..:roll eyes:

Go Catters...

Read 2 pages of Schoenmakers and figured the tv must of cut out when Osborne missed from the goal square and then gave away a stupid head high free at the other end. :confused:

It's a psychological barrier at the moment. They had it but.. just let it go with a poor drop in intensity early in the 4th. Once Geelong got back into it... they always looked the winners even though there was less than a kick in it. I mean they only lost by 2 but it feels so much more. Hawks just can't do it against Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back