Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

God this forum can be hard to read at times with the amount of bias getting around. Classic case of anyone not playing for Hawthorn is overrated or shit.

Patrick's Cripps being called overrated is laughable. He's still a kid and he's been carrying that team for the last 2 years at least with f all support. Turn it up.

God this forum can be hard to read at times with the amount of bias getting around. Classic case of anyone not playing for Hawthorn is overrated or shit.

Patrick's Cripps being called overrated is laughable. He's still a kid and he's been carrying that team for the last 2 years at least with f all support. Turn it up.

I called him over rated and I stated why. Not sure how it is in any way bias. I don't think that because he plays for someone else. There's a bunch of great players who don't play for Hawthorn. In fact he is one of them. Being over rated (IMO) doesn't mean he isn't a very good player nonetheless.

Did you want to address the point of why I think he isn't all he's cut out to be? I think the kid's a beast. So great in the contest with his ability to get the ball.... but it's a lot of indiscriminate shanks forward. Tom Mitchell gets a bad wrap for his 'impact' but his ball use is quite a good deal better than that of Cripps IMO.

I called him over rated and I stated why. Not sure how it is in any way bias. I don't think that because he plays for someone else. There's a bunch of great players who don't play for Hawthorn. In fact he is one of them. Being over rated (IMO) doesn't mean he isn't a very good player nonetheless.

Did you want to address the point of why I think he isn't all he's cut out to be? I think the kid's a beast. So great in the contest with his ability to get the ball.... but it's a lot of indiscriminate shanks forward. Tom Mitchell gets a bad wrap for his 'impact' but his ball use is quite a good deal better than that of Cripps IMO.

I'm with you on this one. Cripps is another in the Judd, Dangerfield mode where commentators only notice what they do when they're in the play, but don't see what they're NOT doing. I've posted before about his lack of effort when he doesn't have the ball. People marvel at how he rarely gets rotated, well that's because he's not a gut runner. He only pretends to chase and doesn't work anywhere hard enough off the ball. It's a Carlton thing, it's not only Cripps who's guilty of it. He'll dish off the ball and just stand there watching rather than following up the play.

Nobody's suggesting he's not a good player, you'd have to be an idiot to suggest that, but there are things I'd like to see him add to his game before people start labelling him a superstar. Dwayne Russell called him "The Great Man" the other day, what a steaming pile of horse manure that is.

You have to look at where the bulk of his possessions are coming from. He is as inside as it gets and usually has 2 blokes hanging off him. Obviously TOM is an inside bull also but I think people underestimate how much outside or uncontested ball he wins too which at times allows him to be more effective across 4 quarters. In saying that I too believe TOMs disposal is much better than people give him credit for.

I think if Cripps was given a bit of a chop out he would be afforded the opportunity to affect the game in other ways and show a bit more polish.

And 2008 is way earlier than the others which means two rebuilds

I do think we rejuvenate our list rather than rebuild our list. TBF
With a rebuild, it seems like starting all over, starting from scratch, laying the foundations, and start building up.

With rejuvenation, the foundation is already there, it may need some poly filler from time to time(Tom Mitchell, JOM) to make it more stable, while being able to put the finishing touches onto the structures to make it complete.

In saying that I do class 2005-2008 as a rebuild.

All the melting on the mainboard and #freekickhawthorn and all that. Really have headf***ed and damaged some people mentally.

Go Hawks!

Plenty of calls went against us as well, but the commentators don't highlight them as much. Why wasn't there more fuss about the lack of free kicks to Tom Mitchell? The bias of the commentators is simply magnified in the general population.
Sadly, I think most people are too stupid to actually think for themselves. They just accept whatever they're told, or whatever they're shown, without questioning if there is more to the story. This is true in other parts of life as well, and we all suffer for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of calls went against us as well, but the commentators don't highlight them as much. Why wasn't there more fuss about the lack of free kicks to Tom Mitchell? The bias of the commentators is simply magnified in the general population.
Sadly, I think most people are too stupid to actually think for themselves. They just accept whatever they're told, or whatever they're shown, without questioning if there is more to the story. This is true in other parts of life as well, and we all suffer for it.
The media's raison d'etre is: "We report (what we know to be) bullshit and propaganda, you believe". And most people* fall for it.

* Almost said sheeple.

And, like "poos and wees", nothing we haven't heard a million times before ...:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Reckon it's about time these morons came up with some original material!:p:D:D

Not to mention if your piss is the colour of our guernsey then you need drastic medical attention.

Because when you have a bloke that averages 67 disposals a week the story becomes how well he's being beaten when he isn't getting 67 touches this day and what a great job his opponent is doing. Ignoring the matter of how he is being limited/treated and that he still ends up with 33 touches and I believe still the leading possession winner for the match.

It does not bode well for his Brownlow chances. Judd, Ablett and others always got am armchair ride. No love for our Tom tonight.

He'll still vote well. Maybe not this game, but he'll get a truckload.

Huns predicted AA squad has six hawks. 2 defence, 2 mid and 2 fwd.

Theres Tommy (25 yo) and Sicily (23) of course. And four other guys everyone two years ago was telling us to trade out 'while they still have trade currency'

Stratton (29) Smith (28) Gunston (27) and Bruest (27)

Don't trade them out ever but isn't their trade currency higher now? wrong on both counts

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sadly, I think most people are too stupid to actually think for themselves. They just accept whatever they're told, or whatever they're shown, without questioning if there is more to the story.

That's evident from reading this forum, and very much why I despise the media. They are a dangerous collective of idiots.

one of the greatest teams of all time - three of its greatest players = Average finals team who might cause an upset one day

Tim wanted it to = bottom 4 for a while like carlton. It wont happen simply because you want it

Yet the same journos gush about how sydney and geelong have been able to stay relevant
I'll never forget all those idiots that were blabbering on saying the Bruests, Gunstons etc.had been carried by the Mitchells, Lewises Hodges in our 3peat era.
They've been categorically shut the f##k up now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back