Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree.

Richmond, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Melbourne have all won flags in that period on what is their home ground, where they play the majority of their games during the season, and can stick to a far easier match day routine.

Geelong also has to simply travel up the Princes Hwy (in their own cars) for a 1 hour drive and get to sleep in their own beds. Some of their players live in Melbourne anyhow.

Almost all of those wins were against interstate teams (Bris/WCE/Adel/Freo/Syd/GWS) who play in Melbourne a handful of times per year, and have to deal with fortnightly air travel and staying in hotels to play games, including the GF.

If we had to play our GFs interstate every season, against a home team in their own city, we wouldn’t have such a great strike rate either.

It’s a factor for sure. Far more genuine than some purported “inferiority complex”.
Melbourne won their premiership in Perth and went out straight sets mcg last year

Before the hawthorn and Richmond dynasties the interstate teams had won more grand finals v vic teams at the mcg …a sample of about 14 grand finals over a 20 + year period

Simply if you are goog enough you win

I feel like I am living this thread, texts from mates about our finals berth were lovely and laced with platitudes for our coach and playing style.
A few days later……
Battle and Barrass! WTF is going on, you cheating bastards! YOUR coach has broken the code! YOUR club is stealing players!!!!!

I feel like the world has resettled back on its correct axis and our stars are aligned again. We’re a happy team at Hawthorn;)

John Ralph deserves special mention in here. Guy has Hawthorn living in his head. Probably hasn't slept much this year from round 8 onwards.

How many memes were posted of Sam going the jab in the * game and calling it Karma

Totally head ****ed

The majority of them being salty Essendon supporters.

If I were in their hellscape, I too would need massive doses of schaudenfreude to keep on existing. Since they last won a final, we have:

• been rubbish
  • rebuilt to a x4 premiership golden generation
  • gone to rubbish again
  • rebuilt again to win another finals game

Bloody hell, last time they won a final, Dimma was one of their players.

We're back to the Hoks being enemy No.1 - and that generally bodes well for us on-field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This new young team is going to piss people off more than the other dynasty. They're still salty about it today. They where having ago at Lewis and Hodge after the game still!
Didn’t see it like that. Hodge and Lewis were very one eyed and over emotional about a nothing incident.. Fine for us, but get that the neutrals didn’t like it. I hated hearing Eddie or a Brayshaw commentate.

Didn’t see it like that. Hodge and Lewis were very one eyed and over emotional about a nothing incident.. Fine for us, but get that the neutrals didn’t like it. I hated hearing Eddie or a Brayshaw commentate.
It wasn't a nothing incident. The flapping wings sure, the mouthing off for a good 10 seconds, absolutely not

It wasn't a nothing incident. The flapping wings sure, the mouthing off for a good 10 seconds, absolutely not
Saying you’re not f’n flying anywhere is a nothing to me. We all say worse. Our unsociable lads certainly would.
IMO it was nothing. Shame it took away from our 300 game legend. That’s all that bothered me. Jack has to cop anything he gets on the chin.

Can we add failed assistant coaches to the mix?

Hey Garry are u

Scared Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

The majority of the media spent all week telling everyone that Ken would lose his job if they lost.

But then they were okay with him unleashing not on those same media hacks, but instead on a 21 year old.

Definition of head****ed.

Funny the head*&^K, here is a perfect example.

Geelong supporting acquaintance texted me bad luck and i replied yeah but great season and lots of growth for next year.
He replies, "Its always a challenge to start again the next year. You may well get some good new players though."
WTF!
Is our current list of players chopped liver! :mad:

We are so into peoples heads it is nothing short of fantastic. Long May it Live. The Hawthorn Brain Worm! haha.

Saying you’re not f’n flying anywhere is a nothing to me. We all say worse. Our unsociable lads certainly would.
IMO it was nothing. Shame it took away from our 300 game legend. That’s all that bothered me. Jack has to cop anything he gets on the chin.
Are you OK? He said it while a 300 game champion was being chaired off. He said it seconds after a kid lost a knock out final. Yeah he can say what he wants, but go home and tweet it, don't ruin what should have been a massive moment for Hawthorn and its fans. An absolute dead set gutter swill slime act.

Funny the head*&^K, here is a perfect example.

Geelong supporting acquaintance texted me bad luck and i replied yeah but great season and lots of growth for next year.
He replies, "Its always a challenge to start again the next year. You may well get some good new players though."
WTF!
Is our current list of players chopped liver! :mad:

We are so into peoples heads it is nothing short of fantastic. Long May it Live. The Hawthorn Brain Worm! haha.
I think your acquaintance was just referring to adding Barrass and Battle. Doesn’t mean they were passing judgement on what we have now. Which was good enough to get us to a semi final.

There's always seems extra spice when Hawthorn are up and about. Hatred and giddiness was simmering away with that LOG head Jonno Brown. Our time WİLL come. And soon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back