News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

I actually don’t think king is that good an analyst. He’s probably presenting stuff real analysts have found, but you can tell he stuffs that too. Challenged he just doubles down or makes his voice more gravell which soceity seems t think sounds more authorative.
According to King the Dogs are the dark horse for the flag

According to King the Dogs are the dark horse for the flag
King should not make predictions. He is not really very good at it.

First crack should be viewing today. King and Montagna are going to be wild

coy GIF

That question from David King around not having coaches to mentor our forwards about leading patterns was one of the worst bloody things I've heard in an interview all year.

Mentor which forwards? The guy who is fresh into our list this year? The 33 year old Jack Gunston who probably knows better anyway? Maybe the guy coming back from injury who missed most of the game with concussion and requires a knee reco?

I think there were bigger issues than having a CHF as an assistant coach up there.

That question from David King around not having coaches to mentor our forwards about leading patterns was one of the worst bloody things I've heard in an interview all year.

Mentor which forwards? The guy who is fresh into our list this year? The 33 year old Jack Gunston who probably knows better anyway? Maybe the guy coming back from injury who missed most of the game with concussion and requires a knee reco?

I think there were bigger issues than having a CHF as an assistant coach up there.
It sounded about as left field weird as anything I've ever heard him asked.

Kingy is very hit and miss. Sometimes he nails things and other times it’s like he is watching another sport.

Kingy is very hit and miss. Sometimes he nails things and other times it’s like he is watching another sport.
Sam handled it well I thought. Didn't really pay it any respect. Thought it was a bit unfair on Hale to say he didn't move either, Hale was one of the smartest workers up forward you'd see.

I thought our leading was actually quite good, and highlighted to be quite good particularly between Dear / Chol / Gunston in the past however many weeks.

Seems a strange question to ask off the back of a game at a field where pretty much every forward set up struggles to find space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I reading too much into Josh Ward “will be spending most of his career playing in an AFL senior side” 👀
“In an/in the” are quite easily interchangeable.

I think you might be.

Am I reading too much into Josh Ward “will be spending most of his career playing in an AFL senior side” 👀
Maybe a bit, from listening to most of these it's just how Sam talks.

Sam handled it well I thought. Didn't really pay it any respect. Thought it was a bit unfair on Hale to say he didn't move either, Hale was one of the smartest workers up forward you'd see.

I thought our leading was actually quite good, and highlighted to be quite good particularly between Dear / Chol / Gunston in the past however many weeks.

Seems a strange question to ask off the back of a game at a field where pretty much every forward set up struggles to find space.
It's kinda why we gotta keep Gunston.

He's lost 2 maybe even 5 metre's of pace. But he's good at taking the best defender and either finding the smarts to beat them 1 on 1 or keeping them out of the Chol/Dear contest.

Lewis who has so many more athletic attributes than Gunston (now not prime) will always drag his defender to a contest we don't want them to take part in.

It's no coincidence our forward line functioned more the moment Lewis stopped taking one of the best defenders in the game to every contest. It's no coincident we had our worst performance in 3 months the game he came back in. It's actually a concern and we have list management questions around his role in our side moving forward.

It's no coincidence our forward line functioned more the moment Lewis stopped taking one of the best defenders in the game to every contest. It's no coincident we had our worst performance in 3 months the game he came back in. It's actually a concern and we have list management questions around his role in our side moving forward.
Actually, it is coincidence. Blaming Lewis for how we performed in those games is ridiculous! The first few rounds, our midfield barely showed up and last round, our whole team was tired and flat footed.

I started writing a post earlier but decided I was reading way too much into it, but now you have pointed it out too it has me thinking maybe I wasn't!

I thought it was odd phrasing to say "an AFL side" rather than "the AFL side" or "our AFL side".

Maybe if Ward ends up getting traded we can point to this moment as having been a Freudian slip.

I started writing a post earlier but decided I was reading way too much into it, but now you have pointed it out too it has me thinking maybe I wasn't!

I thought it was odd phrasing to say "an AFL side" rather than "the AFL side" or "our AFL side".

Maybe if Ward ends up getting traded we can point to this moment as having been a Freudian slip.
I agree struck me as an interesting comment too.

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back