News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Taz was On the Couch this week and I nearly jumped/ fell off my own couch when he said he saw great similarities between the Threepeat Hawks and the current ones.

Was mostly about the way Clarko got them so synced, disciplined and following team onfield rules, structures etc. and how Mitch has already got them doing the same with his gameplan.

Oh Yeah GIF by Leroy Patterson
It was the most accurate description on how we are tracking . Our last 2 wins have been our biggest margins but our least impressive. We are only getting better.

His "our Hawks?!" did have a bit of "oh no, we're just good friends" energy about it.
He’s questioning Kanes “our” rather than his own.

It’s will be interesting if we can improve our scoring profile once Lewis returns as our defensive profile is doing really well and so is our midfield, but can we kick big totals once Mitch returns.

Think you’re reading it wrong.
Nailed it

Hodgey is Hawks through and through always will be

But he's decided hia future is in the media and he plays the game beautifully. Always associated with the Hawks, finished up in Brissy, Comes from Colac and came up through the Geelong Falcons but barracked for the Tigers as a kid - plays all these hands as required.

He will be loving watching the hawks as we do.

It’s will be interesting if we can improve our scoring profile once Lewis returns as our defensive profile is doing really well and so is our midfield, but can we kick big totals once Mitch returns.
I think he'll come in this week, with Alphabet Stadium being so skinny, you'd imagine there will be plenty of contested marking opportunities

Nailed it

But he's decided hia future is in the media and he plays the game beautifully. Always associated with the Hawks, finished up in Brissy, Comes from Colac and came up through the Geelong Falcons but barracked for the Tigers as a kid - plays all these hands as required.

He also loves Brisbane, just listen when he commentates them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nailed it

I've heard him say a few times how much he loves the Hawks but at the moment I still think he still has one foot in Lions camp. He'd still have a few mates playing there (and of course Fages) which would emotionally tie him to them.
Once some of those guys retire/leave club he'll probably gravitate emotionally more towards Hawks.
Cooper may end up in Lions jumper and of course things may shift then.

He also loves Brisbane, just listen when he commentates them.

He played with and was involved in the development of a lot of their current squad - of course he is going to enjoy seeing them do well. It's like people who think Lethal has no Hawthorn left in him because he advocates for Brisbane who seemingly forget he's on their board.

Last edited:
Just on the Does Hodge like the Hawks anymore thing, My brother lives in Kununurra and had Cyril Rioli go to a game there (was apparently meant to play but didn't). he had all 4 off his Premiership medallions with him (my brother sent me a photo withe the metals around his neck) and said he loves the Hawks.

So what im saying is when you win a flag (or 4) with a club that connection and love would be almost unbreakable.

Last edited:
I've heard him say a few times how much he loves the Hawks but at the moment I still think he still has one foot in Lions camp. He'd still have a few mates playing there (and of course Fages) which would emotionally tie him to them.
Once some of those guys retire/leave club he'll probably gravitate emotionally more towards Hawks.
Cooper may end up in Lions jumper and of course things may shift then.

Derm did the same kind of thing didn’t he.

Derm did the same kind of thing didn’t he.

Derm did some coaching with the Giants early on and then whenever he'd commentate games he was always a tad partial to them I would notice. I guess when you've worked closely with blokes it would be hard not to be excited/happy to see them doing well.

Derm did some coaching with the Giants early on and then whenever he'd commentate games he was always a tad partial to them I would notice. I guess when you've worked closely with blokes it would be hard not to be excited/happy to see them doing well.
If Hawthorn played GWS, Sydney or Collingwood in a GF Derm would be desperate for a Hawk win. If it was a Hawthorn v Brisbane GF Hodge would be happy either way. Hodge now bleeds brown, maroon, blue and gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back