Scandal Hawthorn player questioned over sexual offence allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty poor form from the media to report that the players are denying it and that the other players at the house said she didn't appear to be in distress. Why can't they just let the police do their job and stop trying to sway public opinion. Shit like that could make the alleged victim feel like she's up against the world when she should be feeling supported.
Its pretty poor form that the information has been leaked to the media. The Hawthorn Football Club should not be involved with providing any commentary to the media. The players should not speak to the media. Its starting to sound more and more stage managed by Hawthorn as we go along and that isn't a good thing for anyone but Hawthorn. The alleged victim needs to be shown more respect rather than every Tom, Dick and Harry giving their version of events publicly in some show of support for some unnamed person/s.

Majak Daw has been charged. No pressure on North to drop him just yet, not yet been boo'd. Most people have a gist of the law.
His case will be going through the courts in November I believe. Should he be found guilty, I hope he is punished to the full extent of the law.
I couldn't care less if you're a footballer, actor or an accountant. The law is the law.
Also, are the earlier posters questioning whether no means no actually serious? As soon as a sexual partner says no or asks you to stop, it's game over!

Funny to read the indignation in this thread about the media revealing how the two players claim they are innocent and that other teammates said nobody appeared to be in any distress back at the house. I didn't see the same concerns about a previous story which claimed "sources have suggested her drink may have been spiked."

That drink-spiking article was some awesome PR work from Hawthorn which has apparently commandeered the Herald Sun offices in an effort to control the story. :rolleyes::thumbsu::thumbsu:

It's interesting how the names of these individuals are only being revealed publicly briefly and then are deleted. I suppose that's the bystander effect for you. If anyone wants to give me the names - I'm an individual who will have no concerns with posting them publicly on Twitter and not deleting them like a coward.

I just wish you would stop saying 'bystander effect'.

House raided, of "star premiership player". Police also looking for taxi video.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/h...rs-over-rape-allegations-20151020-gkdvyw.html

According to one report, the woman was contacted by her boyfriend on the morning of October 9, and he picked her up from the player's house. The girl later went to police to report the alleged rape.

How are they even allowed to report that, that's so poor and in bad taste it's absolutely disgraceful.

"Raided" is very emotive language. It was my understanding the players involved were fully cooperating with the investigation. This makes it sound like a SWAT team just kicked the door down.

It's interesting how the names of these individuals are only being revealed publicly briefly and then are deleted. I suppose that's the bystander effect for you. If anyone wants to give me the names - I'm an individual who will have no concerns with posting them publicly on Twitter and not deleting them like a coward.

could you please PM me? I dont use social media much at all and honestly have no idea who the two could be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to one report, the woman was contacted by her boyfriend on the morning of October 9, and he picked her up from the player's house. The girl later went to police to report the alleged rape.

How are they even allowed to report that, that's so poor and in bad taste it's absolutely disgraceful.

Interestingly, that information (and more) was offered up here by Mahelpi yesterday or so and he had his comments deleted by a mod as "nobody knows anything about the case". I think that little tidbit validates the posts that were deleted. Whether any of this should be reported at this stage is another matter. Nice that the media is noting the girl had a boyfriend - allowing others to judge that she's a "****" who willingly cheated by jumping into a car with another man.

On a side-note, anybody who posts about why a woman would get into a car with a guy late at night - have you never been out late and wanted to keep the party going? Women are allowed to enjoy men's company and want to keep enjoying it late into the night without the expectation of sex. I noted that someone upthread posted about how women should be more careful, along the lines of Spider's famed "You're not there for Milo" comment and I just find it odd that people think a woman wanting to continue drinking/hanging out with a friend automatically means she "wants it" or should know what's "expected" of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back