Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:
Where the alleged crimes took place, already had a hearing in the Perth Magistrate's court, case will be heard in the District Court of WA where it falls outside the jurisdiction of the Magistrate's Court
Ok, I found something. The committal mention is next.

The magistrate may: (taken from the Vic system, I'd imagine WA is similar?)
  • order that the accused be committed to trial at the County Court or Supreme Court.
  • determine whether any/all of the charges can be heard and finalised in the Magistrates’ Court.
So by my understanding we might learn from the committal mention which court (if any) he will face trial, or we will have to wait until the committal hearing.
The magistrate noted "The amounts involved in the alleged offending meant the case was likely to proceed to the District Court", so the maximum 2yrs jail time of the magistrates court will be out to 20yrs? for the district court.

Over 30, coming into the best years of his life.

Read all posts before jumping. champ.

Geelong are no longer interested in 28-30 year old's.
Smith was a few years ago and it proved invaluable. We are targeting free agents in the 24-26 year age bracket.

Go watch some footy once in a blue moon and you'll notice a thing or two about 2023 football.

It's no wonder your mob are the embarassment of the competition. Supporters such as yourself are completely clueless 👊

I definitely think the Tigers will back him and he will play regardless.

If the crime involved violence or any offence against women then it would be a different story.

But given we are essentially dealing with a property crime (and I agree it sounds on the serious side), l still think the Tigers back him until the end of this season or a guilty verdict. Whatever comes first.

Last edited:
Yes, because that statement is factually incorrect.

This year alone he has had four games of 10 or less touches. He has kicked 4 goals in total.

In his 70 game career he has 25 touches in 1 game only.

He has shirked the contest at least 3 times in each of those 70 games.

I cannot understand how he has managed to continue to get picked each week.

He is also 32 years old by the start of next
season.
So a North Melbourne supporter watches all of his 70 games and works out he has shirked the contest at least 3 times in every one of those games? You sound like a complete BS artist. Everytime I have seen him play, never seen him shirk an issue once.

Yes, because that statement is factually incorrect.

This year alone he has had four games of 10 or less touches. He has kicked 4 goals in total.

In his 70 game career he has 25 touches in 1 game only.

He has shirked the contest at least 3 times in each of those 70 games.

I cannot understand how he has managed to continue to get picked each week.

He is also 32 years old by the start of next season.
No idea how he gets a game every week.

Those Tigers coaches must all have absolutely no idea

Not like the geniuses at North.

So a North Melbourne supporter watches all of his 70 games and works out he has shirked the contest at least 3 times in every one of those games? You sound like a complete BS artist. Everytime I have seen him play, never seen him shirk an issue once.

HBFlanker’s claims are not totally outrageous.

FWIW there was vision shown on Footy Classified earlier this season of Marlion clearly choosing not to stand under the high ball. FWIW.

How often does this happen with him? I have NFI.

I try not to judge players for this (Wayne Carey said almost every player has failed to go 100% at least once in their career) and the panel wasn’t really doing that either. They’re objection was to Pickett doing some things that were somewhat faux tough to the opposition a few minutes earlier and then not not showing total bravery when it was his turn to put his own body on the line. Basically saying it’s not the end of the world if you’re not as fearless as Glenn Archer but you’re definitely not allowed to go around being an enforcer if you pull out of marking contests.

I can’t offer anything else about the frequency of this behaviour or HBFlanker’s claim that it happens 3x times a week. 😎

No idea how he gets a game every week.

Those Tigers coaches must all have absolutely no idea

Not like the geniuses at North.
To be fair it’s not like the Tiger match committee thinks that highly of him.

In his three full seasons he’s finished 8th last year, 13th in 2021 and 18th in 2020 (was even omitted for a few games) in the B&F.

He’s also unsigned for next year which by June is usually not a great sign of being indispensable.

In his three full seasons he’s finished 8th last year, 13th in 2021 and 18th in 2020 (was even omitted for a few games) in the B&F.

He’s also unsigned for next year which by June is usually not a great sign of being indispensable.
8th in the B and F last season is pretty darn good! Some big names finished behind him.

Old mate from North reckons he shouldn't have played a single game.

Anyone top 10 in a b and f is no slouch.

(Having said that Aiden Corr somehow finished 8th in North's b and f.....)

Last edited:

He's probably somewhere within their best 12 to 18 players. He scored the match winning goal against Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago and also scored a crucial goal in the 4th quarter against Fremantle last week. He can play and would've been offered something for next season assuming he remained injury free and did not have these charges.

He's probably on around 400-500k a season ATM.

If he plays, is it racist to boo him?
Why would you boo any player? - I go to the footy to cheer my team - You like many others that attend the footy are negative people.

HBFlanker’s claims are not totally outrageous.

FWIW there was vision shown on Footy Classified earlier this season of Marlion clearly choosing not to stand under the high ball. FWIW.

How often does this happen with him? I have NFI.

I try not to judge players for this (Wayne Carey said almost every player has failed to go 100% at least once in their career) and the panel wasn’t really doing that either. They’re objection was to Pickett doing some things that were somewhat faux tough to the opposition a few minutes earlier and then not not showing total bravery when it was his turn to put his own body on the line. Basically saying it’s not the end of the world if you’re not as fearless as Glenn Archer but you’re definitely not allowed to go around being an enforcer if you pull out of marking contests.

I can’t offer anything else about the frequency of this behaviour or HBFlanker’s claim that it happens 3x times a week. 😎

Bingo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guilty on all counts GIF by Oxygen

Pickett is quite similar to Clarko and Fagan, eh?

8th in the B and F last season is pretty darn good! Some big names finished behind him.

Old mate from North reckons he shouldn't have played a single game.

Anyone top 10 in a b and f is no slouch.

Having said that Aiden Corr somehow finished 8th in North's b and f.....

Why are you making this about North??

I dont rate him. At all. Hes a fake tough guy who was in the right place at the right time in 2019. Anyone else on that list could have debuted at the same time and had an impact in that game. It was over at the 15 minute mark of Q2.

He frequently pulls out of contests when its his turn to go. He averages a low amount of possessions, whilst playing entirely as a midfielder. He doesnt kick goals.

What does he bring that has got you so defensive of him?

He wont be on a list anywhere in 2024, as there are far far superior footballers than him in state league footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back