News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there's strong rumours from a number of sources that the first pick is gone.

Is it fair to assume then, that we were the leak?

And if we were the leak, is it fair to assume that it was Reeves, given he resigned out of nowhere.

Anxious wait for us Hawks supporters over the coming days.
If there is a penalty like that and Gowers bends over and accepts it members need to boycott . We need fighters at the club not marshmallows.

And if we were the leak, is it fair to assume that it was Reeves, given he resigned out of nowhere.

Is this under the assumption that Reeves who was in charge at the time didn't attach a confidentiality clause to the welfare check / review which in turn allowed whomever (assume the players / Egan) to take the story to Jackson?

If this is the case then it wasn't us who brought the game into disrepute but rather whomever took the story to the Jackson. The whole thing was an act of good faith and trying to do the right thing. If this happens then I want the club to lawyer up.

Plenty of rumours suggesting just a fine also . Also heard today we most likely get nothing.

Thats the thing its all rumours and people guessing

This is just going to be a big guessing game. Wouldn’t worry about it until something concrete is decided and we certainly won’t be kept waiting 8 months this time.
It's all starting to feel like the Trade / FA thread when we were chasing Shiel, Cogs, Whitfield, Lynch etc. Hopefully it ends the same we're we invariably end up with nothing 😂

That assumes the report was only held by the Club when the leak occurred. I believe the AFL was in possession of the report at that stage. Egan and his group, most certainly. If that is the case, Hawthorn should not bear the brunt as there are other possible avenues for the unfortunate release of information.
It’s been said here a number of times before but I’ll say it again. The report wasn’t leaked. At least not to Jackson. He was tipped off by someone well before the AFL knew about it and he was speaking to the accusers not long after Egan was. This has been reported by Whateley, Niall, etc.

Yet to see anything credible about us losing picks. Just a bunch of North fans (led by Barrett) who are livid about another botched $5M investment cheerleading for it and others in the media saying it “could” happen.

I have little faith in the AFL, but draft sanctions would be illogical for this issue so I’m not buying it at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been said here a number of times before but I’ll say it again. The report wasn’t leaked. At least not to Jackson. He was tipped off by someone well before the AFL knew about it and he was speaking to the accusers not long after Egan was. This has been reported by Whateley, Niall, etc.
The report was leaked though because I’ve read it, as I presume have many on here and thousands of people. It wasn’t the cause of Jackson’s report but it was still leaked by someone

Luke Hodge, as reported by Fox Sports on 31 May: Hodge had accepted an invitation to be part of the independent investigation after the allegations were first revealed [and] provided a statement in December last year ...

“I felt initially the accusations didn’t match up to the three gentlemen or the culture of the football club that I knew ...

“I spoke to a lot of Indigenous and non-Indigenous players and they all had the same feeling.

“I felt I was in a position to answer questions … I had nothing to hide. That’s the reason I put my hand up.

“I gave the report what I’d seen through my 16 years at the football club.

“A lot of people, Indigenous and non-Indigenous, put their hands up to tell their story.”

Luke Hodge, as reported by SEN on 3 June: Hodge had been a participant in the independent investigation and had signed a confidentiality clause ...

“I know Cyril is the biggest name out of the lot but those guys were teammates ...

“Carl was 2009/10, Jermaine was 2015/16. But yeah, Cyril is obviously the one who had the longest relationship with us so to hear the stories that they’ve told and how they’ve felt, a lot of it did come to a shock because when I left Hawthorn and when Cyril left Hawthorn a year later, I had text messages back and forth… it took me by surprise.

“But in saying that, you don’t divulge all your feelings to people… you did feel for them and how they felt but as I said, I think I’m the same as everyone, we’ve heard one side of the story… I think everyone sits back and wants to hear the other side.”
Every time Hodge talks now he has a dig at his old club just like his old coach.
Funny that he was captain during that period but can’t remember and hadn’t heard of anything until now.
How convenient

Every time Hodge talks now he has a dig at his old club just like his old coach.
Funny that he was captain during that period but can’t remember and hadn’t heard of anything until now.
How convenient
Hodge see-saws on his opinion of the hawks
On SEN, at sportsman's nights etc, he's pretty glowing.
On c7, and associated businesses. He isn't.

He knows where his bread is buttered

How’d the Crows not lose their first round pick for hiring someone to tie their players to trees and abuse them on a training camp? 🤔
And the abuse they copped was totally abhorrent. Abused about bad upbringings and not having both parents or only one parent. This was information that was given to this outside agency by the club psychologist, sensitive information that was divulged by the player in trust. If they got nothing, then we will be fine.

And the abuse they copped was totally abhorrent. Abused about bad upbringings and not having both parents or only one parent. This was information that was given to this outside agency by the club psychologist, sensitive information that was divulged by the player in trust. If they got nothing, then we will be fine.

One example is more about player harm the other has become totally (via the media) about bringing the game into disrepute. Alarmingly, the latter seems to be more serious reading the AFL rules and affords the AFL all possible penalties available to them.

In the AFL rules the word disrepute appears 10 times and the word harm appears twice, both times under section 2.3 Conduct Unbecoming or Prejudicial to the Interests of the AFL.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back