News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just an overview but confirms that the club had the report for 2 weeks before referring it to the AFL (which seems a contentious issue with some). Also captures the AFL's explicit words regarding possible charges against the HFC regarding the "commissioning and oversight" of the report.

So there's strong rumours from a number of sources that the first pick is gone.

Is it fair to assume then, that we were the leak?

And if we were the leak, is it fair to assume that it was Reeves, given he resigned out of nowhere.

Anxious wait for us Hawks supporters over the coming days.

No, I don’t think that is fair to assume. I think the AFL is working hard with their media henchmen to push a narrative like that, but I don’t see anything other than partisan inference that this series of events is any more valid than any other.

One example is player harm the other is bringing the game into disrepute. Alarmingly, the latter seems to be more serious reading the AFL rules and affords the AFL all possible penalties available to them.

In the AFL rules the word disrepute appears 10 times and the word harm appears twice, both times under section 2.3 Conduct Unbecoming or Prejudicial to the Interests of the AFL.
So are you saying what the Crows did wasn't bringing the game into disrepute? The whole idea of the welfare check was to check in on the wellbeing of past First Nations players and to see if they needed any extra support. If they needed support then you would assume those players have been harmed either mentally or physically.

After almost 6000 posts of drivel I am yet to see one solid reason to dock us draft picks let alone fine us.

1. So are you saying what the Crows did wasn't bringing the game into disrepute? The whole idea of the welfare check was to check in on the wellbeing of past First Nations players and to see if they needed any extra support. If they needed support then you would assume those players have been harmed either mentally or physically.

2. After almost 6000 posts of drivel I am yet to see one solid reason to dock us draft picks let alone fine us.
1. No, I'm not saying that.

2. I agree, however, my point was that the AFL rules care more about their image than player welfare. Let that sink in.

It’s because they are made by trolls who enjoy seeing people panic

tenor.gif

I can’t see how draft picks come into this discussion as a possible sanction. We didn’t cheat! We didn’t seek an on -field advantage through seeking feedback from First Nations players. We were duty bound to act on the public comments made by Cyril. There are unaligned authorities who have basically supported the clubs approach. At best the club might be guilty of some admin errors ( I’m still not sure what errors, incidentally) but if so, these were mistakes rather than a calculated attempt to gain an advantage or damage others. Given that, I can’t see how we can be sanctioned for the process and certainly not punished by losing draft picks!

I could have worn copping a sanction for the treatment of the First Nations players that gave rise to the complaints in the first place. But the fact that the AFL cleared the staff alleged to be responsible for those complaints makes punishing HFC for them now seem absurd! How can the club be sanctioned for accusations that the AFL’s own review says were not substantiated?!

It’s like we are starring in our own Kafka novel!

Because Damian Barrett is pushing for it.

Damian Barrett hates Hawthorn and has been pushing hard for our team to be smashed.

I find it pretty disturbing to read that both North Melb and Brisbane are actively lobbying for another club (HFC) to be stripped of draft picks and those picks be given to them as compensation. If true, that would be a new low for the AFL to even listen to their pleas and the competition as a whole.
Quite amazing that Brisbane and North would be working together given what happened in 1996 with the carcass of Fitzroy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just an overview but confirms that the club had the report for 2 weeks before referring it to the AFL (which seems a contentious issue with some). Also captures the AFL's explicit words regarding possible charges against the HFC regarding the "commissioning and oversight" of the report.

There would have been a reasonable amount of time that went into creating that piece. I sometimes have to remind myself that this is real reporting, not what Robo slurs out of his frontal lobe ad-lib.

I can understand the families going to court against HFC , have no problem with all that, let it all come out but I DONT get how the AFL could blame the same organisation that did the right thing with the right intentions !!!?? So, then, with the three former employees have nothing to answer for , that leaves the AFL more worried about leaks and tarnishing the brand more than the actual 'problem' at hand. AFL come down hard on us, I say we go hard back at them. İf we feel we've been harshly done by then I want my club to go the full nine yards on this!

PS..this has nothing to do with not believing the accusers , that part can be handled seperrately in court of justice.

I can understand the families going to court against HFC , have no problem with all that, let it all come out but I DONT get how the AFL could blame the same organisation that did the right thing with the right intentions !!!?? So, then, with the three former employees have nothing to answer for , that leaves the AFL more worried about leaks and tarnishing the brand more than the actual 'problem' at hand. AFL come down hard on us, I say we go hard back at them. İf we feel we've been harshly done by then I want my club to go the full nine yards on this!

PS..this has nothing to do with not believing the accusers , that part can be handled seperrately in court of justice.

They need a clause ‘causing a majority of clubs to hate them’ that should do it

Dare I say it, is it possible that the club (or some parts of it) were aware of what was transpiring at the time of the accused's allegation and chose to ignore? And then sometime later for whatever reason decided to act ? Did our impending success at the time have some bearing?

Anybody threatening to stop following Hawthorn over losing a draft pick should leave now. That or harden up.

Never read such sooky dribble.
I think you’re misinterpreting it. From my perspective, it’s pointed firmly at the competition. My interest in the game in general is at an all time low. The way the game is run and the contrived way they approach most aspects is a disgrace. I have never threatened to stop supporting the Hawks and I never will.

The employees were paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to come to work and do their job.

Their feet weren’t clamped, they were employed under a contract.

If the working conditions didn’t match what was set out in the contracts and/or standards for Fair Work, then there is a solid case for a Fair Work investigation.

I’m not sure that it’s one for human rights, personally.

Yep similes are often more problematic than the actual issue

Dare I say it, is it possible that the club (or some parts of it) were aware of what was transpiring at the time of the accused's allegation and chose to ignore? And then sometime later for whatever reason decided to act ? Did our impending success at the time have some bearing?

And the president at the time is now in the afl board? I reckon sabre rattling this is like Wyllie chayote setting a trap for road runner

Beep beep

Does anyone else think Clarko has pressured Gil into sanctions on us where he is central to the allegations. It makes sense he had a massive crack on our governance, went on stress leave and brought everything to a head. Don’t know what to think

Maybe we can ask Fages on the weekend

Plus, if they are so strict about punishing supposed leaks why does everyone seem to know what the penalties are ahead of their review being concluded?!!

I find it pretty disturbing to read that both North Melb and Brisbane are actively lobbying for another club (HFC) to be stripped of draft picks and those picks be given to them as compensation. If true, that would be a new low for the AFL to even listen to their pleas and the competition as a whole.
Quite amazing that Brisbane and North would be working together given what happened in 1996 with the carcass of Fitzroy.
Hang on. How on earth would the AFL be giving them these picks??
This thing has gone bonkers.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back