News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure HedgeFund is a lawyer and knows a little more than you on this one. Take your L.
Is (or was) also involved in footy, yet still has plenty of questionable (friendly word for terrible) takes.

Is a discussion - only the Courts make rulings & they're usually shades of stupid - just let it roll...

Come On Please GIF by NBA

…which the ABC was very careful to point out they never claimed to actually be facts.

If you ever bothered to read the original articles.

Just that the allegations had been made…..

For the 4000th time. 🙄

Never really wanted to post in this thread but after reading some of Hawthorn Football Club defence if this had of been put on the table earlier could a lot of this be avoided.

I’m not sure what being the nationally owned broadcaster has to do with anything. If the used the terms alleged/claimed/etc I’m not sure they’ve done anything wrong

ABC had evidence, they had first hand statements.

It's not up to the journalist to determine if the allegations are true, that's for the courts.

They reported that the egan report existed - Fact

They reported that players made various allegations - fact.

They do not need to investigate the claims made by an interviewee they just need to quote them. A journalist does not have the ability to compel a witness to make a statement, to access text and email records etc...

The ABC did not make a claim that the allegations are false or that they are true.

Ponder this for a moment...

Screenshot_20241010-220710~2.png

This is something that I've mentioned a few times in this thread to be true. I was told very early on from a mate that is close to the Rioli's + Long's up in Darwin when the allegations first surfaced that he is even estranged from most of his family (mainly the Long's). The reason for the estrangement is because of his wife Shannyn who apparently isn't a good person at all.

You know something isn't right when pretty much your mother's side of the family (the Long's) weren't invited to their wedding. If you read between the lines not many people like her and when they've let Cyril know this it has caused a huge family split. I'm not sure if anyone can remember but Michael Long released and article 2 or so years ago where he was pleading how worried he was about Cyril and his mental state.

As for estranging himself from his premiership teammates I would really like to know what there thought's on Shannyn are especially when you've got multiple past Indigenous players in Buddy, Silk, Hill and Bateman all seeming to fine with the club. Finally I really hope I don't need to state that I'm not choosing sides in all of this but just wanted to share what I got told very early in the piece about Shannyn.
Have heard some really poor but also sad stuff in regards to the 2 of them. I know in most of these situations it's wrong to blame a partner for a lot of the issues but have heard some very ordinary things about her as a person.

Hopefully in time things improve.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

I think it's unfair to her that many are making her a Yoko Ono that is corrupting the beloved idol.

Both their names are on it, and Cyril is not a child. Also while I don't think they have much of a case based on what's put forward, clearly the club can do better and it's a damn shame what happened. Also I don't care if what Kennett said was just a silly boomer joke, if the ultimatum was given for him to apologise and resign or Cyril would retire, F him for not doing it. No matter how right i though i was if it meant Cyril would leave the club I would gladly take the hit. And shame on the club for not firing Kennett out of a cannon to keep Cyril.
When Cyril retired the club was oblivious to any unresolved issues, the reasons given about his retirement had nothing to do with any of these allegations.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back