News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know why there’s a need for a confidentiality agreement at all

You can just see how this is going to play out - getting ahead of myself but.. this shits me
Suggest Fagan's legal counsel and the AFL arranged this deed to deflect related media questions protecting the integrity of the current investgation. For mine it's unecessary as Fagan could simply state 'I'm not at liberty to discuss anything related to an ongoing AFL investigation' - which Clarkson and others have already done.
The media seagulls will just have to wait until the investigation is complete, which is unlikely to be this year given none of the those implicated have been asked for input thus far.
Interesting that the same media seagulls have chosen silence regarding the strong rumour with a discovery from the related WorkSafe investigation of the club invloving one former delisted indigenous player and a police report - assume if it doesn't appease a racist narrative it's not newsworthy..?

The deed poll is a deed entered into by one party only. In Fagan's case it would most certainly include specific undertakings or promises given to one or more other parties.

This deed poll, as Fagan has said, prohibits him from making any public comment on the racism issues.

I would think the deed poll has been requested by the panel appointed to investigate the matter. If that's the case, separate deeds would probably have been signed by Clarkson and probably by the Indigenous parties also.

That all makes enormous sense because the last thing the panel would want, as it's in the process of tip-toeing through these hugely sensitive issues, is for the various parties to chip away at each other via the media.

But the deed poll could also have just been insisted upon by Brisbane alone - to ensure their coach doesn't undermine the club with a public commentary, but that instead he just concentrates on what he's employed to do.

Protect whose reputation - his is already smashed

But I agree with the second part
It would likely be worse if he was defending himself publicly. It would draw details into the public domain and inflame public debate. Fagan and Clarko are coaching. The decisions have already been made and this is all just pr.

Protect whose reputation - his is already smashed

But I agree with the second part

Excatly which should point you in the right direction.

Despite there reputations being smashed throughout the ordeal. They remained confident and never responded publicly about specifics of the story.

Last edited:
no i dont send them regina george GIF
Scared Alexa Demie GIF by euphoria
What The Hell Wtf GIF by INTO ACTION
This Is Crazy Naked And Afraid GIF by Discovery
flying lets go GIF by John Artur
crazy GIF

So Fagan, Clarko and Burt's reputation was destroyed by someone who is apparently as dodgy as they come. Stealing money from an organisation set up to help his own people, if true that's indefensible.

Like I have said repeatedly I reckon a lot of media outlets will be regretting going so hard so early on this without doing their proper due diligence.

There would almost be some kind of precedence to throw the whole report out now given this revelation. Who could trust the findings of man who is allegedly as morally corrupt as this?

So Fagan, Clarko and Burt's reputation was destroyed by someone who is apparently as dodgy as they come. Stealing money from an organisation set up to help his own people, if true that's indefensible.

Like I have said repeatedly I reckon a lot of media outlets will be regretting going so hard so early on this without doing their proper due diligence.

There would almost be some kind of precedence to throw the whole report out now given this revelation. Who could trust the findings of man who is allegedly as morally corrupt as this?
Also a question re Hawthorn's own due diligence in appointing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the "findings" that are relevant though, it's the allegations of the players and their families. If the allegations were made by those players and their families, the messenger isn't relevant. It is the allegations that require investigation.

It's not the "findings" that are relevant though, it's the allegations of the players and their families. If the allegations were made by those players and their families, the messenger isn't relevant. It is the allegations that require investigation.
It depends. if he was involved directly in obtaining the information then it would have to bring in to question all of his findings. If his embezzlement of funds is true, then he is not an honorable man. Who knows what his agenda is? Investigators can lead the questioning in any direction they want, and a lot of the time get the answer they seek. There is a reason investigations must be 'fair and impartial', and more importantly seen to be so.

I've found the whole thing unbelievable and the allegations out of character for the alleged perpetrators. That's not the only stinky thing about it. Someone leaked it quickly to the press and we got stitched up nicely. To quote the press 'what has been dubbed the greatest scandal in AFL history.' These accusations are made in a way that then can't be followed up. There is also the issue of who set up such an open ended and almost certain to be disastrous investigation. How could experienced managers not recognise the danger? No guard rails, failed security and they employ a guy to run it, who turns out to be a crook.

It depends. if he was involved directly in obtaining the information then it would have to bring in to question all of his findings. If his embezzlement of funds is true, then he is not an honorable man. Who knows what his agenda is? Investigators can lead the questioning in any direction they want, and a lot of the time get the answer they seek. There is a reason investigations must be 'fair and impartial', and more importantly seen to be so.

I've found the whole thing unbelievable and the allegations out of character for the alleged perpetrators. That's not the only stinky thing about it. Someone leaked it quickly to the press and we got stitched up nicely. To quote the press 'what has been dubbed the greatest scandal in AFL history.' These accusations are made in a way that then can't be followed up. There is also the issue of who set up such an open ended and almost certain to be disastrous investigation. How could experienced managers not recognise the danger? No guard rails, failed security and they employ a guy to run it, who turns out to be a crook.
Fair and impartial is an excellent point.

Nothing about this whole sorry saga has been either of these two things IMOH.

I have been big on Clarkson, Fagan and Burt suing the ABC, etc for slander / denial of natural justice and this has strengthened their potential case ten fold in my opinion.

Be like someone being prosecuted for drug running and then the cops who made the arrest are later found to be crooked and running dope themselves. Any silk worth their salt would have a case like that thrown out and damages awarded.

So much for “innocent until proven guilty”?

Also a question re Hawthorn's own due diligence in appointing him.
So before we go putting shit on Sleepy Hawthorn FC having a nap at the wheel, how about we look at some dates.

Hawthorn appointed Egan very early in 2022.
Police supposedly begin investigating Egan mid 2022.

Who says HFC didn’t do due diligence ?

How was HFC supposed to know about Egan’s alleged dodgy invoicing when police didn’t know, or weren’t investigating it ?

Why are supposed HFC supporters so quick to critic the club on absolutely anything they can ?

The ABC certainly didn't. They made it their front page story.

Yet I just did a quick search on their website and I couldn't find any mention of these allegations against Egan?

Guess it doesn't fit their narrative 🤔
It also doesn’t fit the narrative of some Hawthorn supporters

I’d like to hope that none of the allegations against any of the accused are true, including Egan

I was referring to that poster’s earlier thoughts on how Clarkson and co were treated. A reasonable argument, just not applied both ways.
I think you might be reading what YOU want into ‘that posters’ posts.

He says that Clarkson & co should be suing media outlets
He also says of Egan ‘if true’

So in both cases he’s talking of them being innocent until proven guilty as everyone should be.

So far not many have afforded that of any of the accused.

In some people’s eyes Clarko Fagan Burt & HFC will forever be racists.

In some people’s eyes Egan will forever now be a fraud.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back