Hawthorn the new chokers tag fits around their neck comfortably! *Bumped*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Hawthorn the new chokers tag fits around their neck comfortably!

Saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

You tool.

Yes it does...you guys keep talking about what is least relevant...the distant past...maybes and what ifs. I am talking about what actually happened recently, the here and now....Geelong premiers 2007...Hawthorn 2007 chokers.

It doesnt get any simpler...or you any dumber!

Geelong have finally given up the chokers tag winning a flag by a record 119 pts and slaying the competition all season.

Who has taken up where we left off? None other than the 'boner' bona fide choking 'smoking' hawks.

Lost to North in the finals....ummm...gee how did the Roos go in their two other finals' matches?

The hawks choked and gagged...and choked some more.

Choke all pre season dawks...loser culture...loser mentality...loser supporters.

Some good sh1t stuff though down at waverley park there if you got the cash though...:thumbsu:...just watch out for 'ice'bergs...its pretty cold at waverley...
Bit bored now that the celebrations have finished are you mate ?

Choking usually means constantly losing when the pressure is on, like Geelong in its previous countless Grand Finals. The Hawks were either out on their feet, still reminiscing about the previous week, or simply not good enough to beat a team that had plenty to prove after being thrashed by the Cats. We lost, we didn't choke, there's a difference there.

If you get a chance, can you remind me of the result the last 3 times we have played. I seem to have forgotten :D

Bookmarked ;)

yes, i love it when people bookmark what i say.I had a number of threads bookmarked at the start of the year which were suppose to be brought up at the end of the season,funny though they werent being brought up until yesterday where 1 was brought up.Someone had egg on their face but it wasnt me

2007 premiers

Bit bored now that the celebrations have finished are you mate ?

Choking usually means constantly losing when the pressure is on, like Geelong in its previous countless Grand Finals. The Hawks were either out on their feet, still reminiscing about the previous week, or simply not good enough to beat a team that had plenty to prove after being thrashed by the Cats. We lost, we didn't choke, there's a difference there.

I dont agree...is that ok? North werent up to it this year in the finals. Nor were they up to it in 2000 when you lost to them then also. The bombers were out on their feet in 2001 you had them and coughed up a grand Final berth. You choked against the Crows in 1993 after leading most of the game? You were leading North in 1994 and they came from behind and beat you also...

That is a litany of choking since 1991 in finals. This year was just the icing on the cake. What I am saying is pure and simple facts...be as delusional as you like.

The fact is we won the flag...we get a decade of not being considered chokers. Hawthorn have been living for 15 years off 1991 and the 80s...but enough is enough and you deserve the tag chokers now. The evidence supports my claim.

hahaha thats so stupid i aint even gonna reply to it dam it is school holidays :cool:

Why is that stupid? You did cheat...thats what all the draft restrictions were for because you got caught cheating. Thats why you are a pathetic side right now.

School holidays or not...you are the one that sounds stupid. Its just a factual thing. No one can debate it otherwise so dont even try.

Why is that stupid? You did cheat...thats what all the draft restrictions were for because you got caught cheating. Thats why you are a pathetic side right now.

School holidays or not...you are the one that sounds stupid. Its just a factual thing. No one can debate it otherwise so dont even try.

you silly little boy we wasnt even a top side when we got caught for rorting the system all our 16 premierships came from guts and hard work not from rorting i mean seriously how can u cheat to win a flag come on dude raise your i.q level above 50

are you so upset that you gotta try and bring every one down to your level of I.Q.
I heard that your I.Q was round the 50 mark or i=s that to high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are you so upset that you gotta try and bring every one down to your level of I.Q.
I heard that your I.Q was round the 50 mark or i=s that to high

The sad part is this has nothing to do with IQ. What is 'i=s' by the way...the next theory of relativity? Carlton cheated. A Carlton supporter tried to deny that. I just reminded him they were caught cheating..kind of a mute point.

I am interested in talking about what is real and has actually happened and is happening in the world of footy. Not made up delusional rantings of the paraniod supporter. Why not just let the scoreboard tell the story?

Geelong Premiers 2007.

If that disturbs you...go see someone about it.

The sad part is this has nothing to do with IQ. What is 'i=s' by the way...the next theory of relativity? Carlton cheated. A Carlton supporter tried to deny that. I just reminded him they were caught cheating..kind of a mute point.

I am interested in talking about what is real and has actually happened and is happening in the world of footy. Not made up delusional rantings of the paraniod supporter.

If that disturbs you...go see someone about it.

you are the dumpest guy, i aint even a carlton supporter ;)

Yes it does...you guys keep talking about what is least relevant...the distant past...maybes and what ifs. I am talking about what actually happened recently, the here and now....Geelong premiers 2007...Hawthorn 2007 chokers.

It doesnt get any simpler...or you any dumber!

Yes it does? Saying things over and over make them true? You're dumber than you look.

Yes it does? Saying things over and over make them true? You're dumber than you look.

Sticking to the point makes you look intelligent. I have been sticking to whats relevant. We won the premiership this year 2007 and then we have 15 years of Hawthorn never playing in a Grand Final and choking in all their finals appearances since 1991.

That makes you the new chokers of the AFL.

Talking about what ifs, maybes.,..and the distant past makes you look like a dope and a chump...the truth hurts I know but suck it up and dont be a squib about it.

I didn't think that was possible for him to be that dumb.
When I was getting out of bed with his mum and sister this morning they explained to me how he got dropped on his head and got used as a footy when he was young.

Sticking to the point makes you look intelligent. .
Intelligent people don't have to care about looking intelligent, they just are. I said to you "saying something over and over doesn't make it true" and your reply was "yes it does." That's about as far from intelligent as it gets.

I have been stickings to whats relevant. We won the premiership this year 2007 and then we have 15 years of Hawthorn never playing in a Grand Final and choking in all their finals appearances since 1991.
Okay, you won your first premiership in 44 years. You still have no idea what choking is. Out-performing expectations is not choking. The fact that you keep ignoring this point shows ignorance, again, you're showing exactly how far you are from being intelligent.

Talking about what ifs, maybes.,..and the distant past makes you look like a dope...the truth hurts I know but suck it up and dont be a squib about it.
You just spent a paragraph talking about hawthorn's last 15 years. You out-do your own stupidity with every post.

Intelligent people don't have to care about looking intelligent, they just are. I said to you "saying something over and over doesn't make it true" and your reply was "yes it does." That's about as far from intelligent as it gets.

Okay, you won your first premiership in 44 years. You still have no idea what choking is. Out-performing expectations is not choking. The fact that you keep ignoring this point shows ignorance, again, you're showing exactly how far you are from being intelligent.

You just spent a paragraph talking about hawthorn's last 15 years. You out-do your own stupidity with every post.

I said 'yes it does'....and then wrote why it does too. I know when people get desperate on here they misquote people. I guess you are getting desperate hey? Losing the debate? Playing the silly little misquoting game?

Here are the facts. We won the flag 2007.

Hawthorn choked in the finals series of 1993, 1994, 2000, 2001 and now 2007. You havent played in a Grand Final at all since 1991. Thats the last 15 years.

The distant past relates to pre 1991...your glory days. If you cant understand what I am writing about that makes you look dumb. Me having to explain every little point to you like you are in first grade...makes you look dumber.

Argue all you like. Everything I just said is completely factual.

Hawthorn choked this year...and have choked their last 5 finals campaigns which covers the last 15 years. You are the new chokers of the AFL.

We are the reigning premiers.

I didn't think that was possible for him to be that dumb.
When I was getting out of bed with his mum and sister this morning they explained to me how he got dropped on his head and got used as a footy when he was young.

Dumb is delusional. I am not delusional...you are...that makes you dumb.

2007 Geelong premiers. Whats there to be delusional about being the premiers?

Hawthorn choked...1993, 1994, 2000, 2001, 2007 finals series. Thats 15 years of choking. About time we made it official and called you the chokers of the AFL.

Simple facts based on scoreboard results. Deal with it...or get dumber with every post.

I would say the definition of a "choker" would be one where a side loses a game they were expected to win. Now we all know that it's very hard to win every game during the H&A season so we will reserve the judgement solely for finals where EVERY TEAM SHOULD PUT EVERYTHING ON THE LINE TO WIN THAT GAME.

Breaking this down:
First Week of Finals:
Geelong V North - Geelong won as expected - no choke
Hawthorn V Adelaide - Hawks won just and although the finished higher most people tipped Adelaide to win - well done hawks. Adelaide proved they were not that good after all - no choke
West Coast V Port - Port won just, West Coast injured - no choke
Collingwood V Sydney - most tipped the pies - no choke

Second Week:
North V Hawthorn - hawks favoured to win, Hawks strangely seem to be playing the man rather that their natural game, looked clumsy and nervous, north ended up winning comfortably - I'd call that a choke
Collingwood V West Coast - v close game, once again West coast too injured - no choke

Third Week:
Geelong V Collingwood - Geelong looked nervous and rusty after having the week off but still managed to drag themselves over the line against a determined and committed pie outfit - no choke
North V Port - noone really gave North a chance - no choke

GF:
Geelong V Port - most expected Geelong to win but the margin would suggest this was close to a port choke but I just tend to think the cats were that much better than Port - no choke

Based on the above I can only see the Hawks loss as the one true choke of the finals.....sorry guys but the Michael Hutchence 2007 award goes to the Hawthorn Football club.:thumbsu:

Read the question twit!!!
What has changed in one year..
You didnt win 18 games last year..

Neil Balme taking over as football manager, allowing Thompson to coach and nothing more.

All players fit.

Ottens in ruck, Ling tagging, Mackie on HB, Mooney forward.

Young players coming through. Selwood, Hawkins, Varcoe, Blake.

Attacking football. No chipping around in the back half.

Sanderson as assistant coach.

Willingness to play for each other.

That's all it took.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn the new chokers tag fits around their neck comfortably! *Bumped*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back