List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like the club to see if it can somehow get into the top 10 of the draft this year. Supposed to be stacked.
If we could get into the top 10 and potentially keep 14 that’s two kids that should be 10 year players at least. Even if it requires trading next years first rounder as next years draft isn’t supposed to be as good. Maybe Ceglar involved and don’t rule out Burton being put in the shop window

Going to be almost impossible to move into the top 10 this year from where we are and the assets we have.

As you said we would need a star to agree and don’t think we have one ready to leave.

Excellent post. Cool, calm, collected and rational.

Thanks to all the ITKs who provide the pieces of insight. Don't stop because some small angry minority think that quitting an employer, moving cities, starting up at a new employer is a simple linear equation. Appreciate all the goss.

I don't see people hating on some providing insight.

Instead, some on here aggressively shot down anyone that thought he could be heading anywhere but HFC.

Your advice is smart but should be used for some who only days ago got upset when it was raised Shiel was even really considering anyone else.

Lesson learnt should be you need all the information to condemn alternative thoughts.

'spare me'.

Hopefully after a good nights sleep everyone is in a better frame of mind. Something to think about is at least this Shiel saga didn’t drag out any longer than 2 days of the trade period so things could’ve been worse.

Time to move on peeps as time waits for no man. Onwards an upwards.

I'm not too sure I'm the one reading it incorrectly.

So if what you say is true, Shiel wanted to come to Victoria and was happy playing at whichever Victorian club gave his old club the best deal? Or the other scenario where Shiel is a puppet and his manager is pulling the strings?

If Shiel wanted Hawthorn, he would have nominated us. If we couldn't satisy GWS, he would have went back there and came to us as a FA next year.

He wanted Essendon, from reading the reports and an outside view, Bombers offered him more money and a longer deal. While I believe Hawthorn are closer to flag then Essendon, Shiel might think Essendon is closer.
I feel that if Essendon didn't want Jack Martin over Shiel in the first place we wouldn't have had the last week of shit fight on this board. Shiel would have quite simply nominated the dons and we would have been casual observers waiting for a crumb.
The fact that Shiel didn't nominate a club prior to Essendon not getting Martin says to me that he wanted them all along and that he was sloppy seconds to Martin in Essendons mind.
As for Shiels management they were doing as his client wanted and that we and others were simply fall backs, only unlike the Lynch deal we didn't know about that.
Learning point out of both deals for me and others. If a player doesn't publicly nominate just one club as a destination and is happy to be a part of a bidding war then you will have to pay overs to get him and you will more than likely just be a pawn in some other plan.
Lynch was always Richmond's, Hawks and Pies just got him years on an already big dollar deal.
Shiel was in his mind always Essendon, Essendon wanted Martin 1st, Hawks, Blues and Saints all did a good job of making him look like the second coming of a superstar while Martin fell over. One saving grace for us is while we rated Shiel and never seen that we were being played to a point is that we never made a godfather offer and were only prepared to pay so much.

Now who is next.
Onwards and upwards
Let's play nice we all have opinions and views that differ but we are all Hawthorn.

Was told that a deal with Scrimshaw is very close. Could be done as soon as lunchtime.

Anyone know if we are the other team in the hunt for Finlayson?

As long as the deal with Scrimshaw doesn’t involve a first round pick I’m happy.

I want Bennell, I don't care I want to take a punt on him.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I beg to every deity that you’re not within cooee of our list management team. Bennell would turn this trade period from disappointing to downright mortifyingly bad.

I don't see people hating on some providing insight.

Instead, some on here aggressively shot down anyone that thought he could be heading anywhere but HFC.

Your advice is smart but should be used for some who only days ago got upset when it was raised Shiel was even really considering anyone else.

Lesson learnt should be you need all the information to condemn alternative thoughts.

'spare me'.

Well summed up.

I was amused today with Jon Ralph querying why kelly didn’t want to go to Freo if it was just a go home factor.

A go home Victorian gets to nominate a club but an interstate player doesn’t get to have the same option - found his rationale quite bizzare.

It’s also amusing from a geelong perspective when you consider that family was the go home factor for Gary but only to geelong - the hypocrisy is unbelievable
+ Danger

Would like the club to see if it can somehow get into the top 10 of the draft this year. Supposed to be stacked.
If we could get into the top 10 and potentially keep 14 that’s two kids that should be 10 year players at least. Even if it requires trading next years first rounder as next years draft isn’t supposed to be as good. Maybe Ceglar involved and don’t rule out Burton being put in the shop window
This would require a major shift in strategy for the club. The plan is to recruit 2-3 elite players to compliment the current crop who are either approaching their peak or towards the tail end. Going draft is a complete 180.

Players like JOM and Tom would be like “wtf”? considering they were recruited to the club to win flags.

I found Dylan's twin here in Sevilla, Spain working as a bartender. Looks in good shape, says he's happy to come to Australia and play for Hawthorn:

View attachment 571412
0452f7cd05f372503c7e78a3fff91e46

Will be in Sevilla in a few days time - will keep an eye out for Dylan De Shielo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amusing playing catch-up tonight and seeing folk getting themselves into such a frenzy of excitement over Wingard. Honestly, have we learned nothing from the Shiel saga? Wingard isn’t coming. It’s another summer of medium fish and then we hit the draft.

If you want to save yourself disappointment and work up excitement, then start reading draft profiles because that’s our most realistic chance of getting an A-grader (albeit a potential future one) on deck this off-season.

i wish our recruiting team would go after a finlayson, but they seem to have their hearts on Scrimshaw and Amon, god knows why?

Because both want to come to us, apparently. That’s more than we’ve had to work with in other pursuits this year.

I beg to differ. Cyril retired and Poppy is not far from it. Also the young kid Moore still needs to add some muscle. Our problem this season was kicking goals. We still need more midfield depth and Shiel was a perfect fit for what we needed but having Wingard could net us another 30+ goals a season.

*Edited :)

The reason the Hawks don’t kick goals is because all the forwards are forever shoring up the midfield and defence.

i wish our recruiting team would go after a finlayson, but they seem to have their hearts on Scrimshaw and Amon, god knows why?

Agree. Maybe I’m missing something here but I have seen him on the last line for GWS under the pump holding his own against bigger bodies and doing well.

I then love how he kicks the ball in 60+ without trying as well.

After considering the above GWS are probably auctioning him off again behind the scenes and will be trying to demand our first pick for him :-( which is overs.

In saying that I would happily give up a pick around 25 for him!!!!

im sure a lot of shit players want to come to Hawthorn, thats when you need to strong enough to say NO THANX get farked....

Well I’ll take Wrighty, Clarko and Macca’s opinions on these players over yours at this rate. If they embrace Hawthorn etc.

Well I’ll take Wrighty, Clarko and Macca’s opinions on these players over yours at this rate. If they embrace Hawthorn etc.
Yep 1st rule of fight club, um sorry trading is to have the player nominate his club.
Have we not learnt anything, background commitments are almost worthless.

Enjoy your holidays ya bastard.

I think Dylan She'll was actually a subterfuge , when in actual fact we are after Jack from Gold Coast.

I thought it was Jack Martin but it now appears to be Jack Scrimshaw

I don’t doubt the information that was given to and reported by ITK posters and appreciate their posts.

But I think Connors and Shiel were dishonest with Hawthorn and Carlton. It sounds like assurances were given to Carlton.

Agree that if Shiel wanted Hawthorn he’d have nominated us. He didn’t. In my opinion he played us as one of his back ups. The same way Lynch did but with less candour than Lynch where it was always known Richmond was his preferred club

Disappointing but as I have said all along, Shiel is a very good player, not a great player. He’d have helped us a lot given our lack of midfield depth but he’s not a sell the farm player. We move on. If that is to Wingard - and I hope it is - great. Wingard has always been Clarko’s number one priority this off season even if others at the club preferenced Shiel. His best is better than Shiel but he is less reliable. Can Clarko get the best out of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back