List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I’ll take Wrighty, Clarko and Macca’s opinions on these players over yours at this rate. If they embrace Hawthorn etc.

Scrimshaw not getting anywhere near enough love here. We'll get him cheap and he has a huge ceiling.

Some pretty poor comments being directed at the ITK posters here .
Maybe just maybe GWS decided they wanted two first round picks and we walked away , could be that simple ?

Anyway time to move on . Would be happy with Scrimshaw , has some ability I think we could develop him nicely .
Would be nice to land a mid who can add some depth and take some heat off TOM . Tyson has been mentioned and at the right price could fit the bill nicely.
Amon at a later pick I would do as he gives us another runner with pace , again it bolsters some depth for us.

Keep that first pick unless May is in the picture for us , attack an elite player next season through FA

Lol at this place. The drama. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Ppl in the know get it wrong everyone does including Clarkson and Wright. We learn from our experiences and move on and live to fight another day

I will go against the trend and say I am not devastated with the trade and free agency to date. Whilst we need to add a few A graders to the list and Lynch and Shiel would have done that I would not have offered the contract length that either player has been offered. Also with regard to Shiel, had we offered two firsts to GWS that would have precluded us from using our 2020 first in a trade unless we were able to trade in another first. In my view Shiel does not bring enough to the table to justify that.
You have to know when to walk from a deal and for Hawthorn two firsts was probably a deal breaker.
Where we go from here will be interesting and I will be watching with interest. It is still only quarter time in the trade period and who knows what, if anything, is yet to play out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

these are reasonable ideas, seems like you're being unreasonable in your condemnation.....
I’m having a laugh at Kane asking where our youth is. I don’t understand why he’d make this comment unless he’s just stirring the pot.

I have no problem with going to the draft.

As for Lloyds suggestion of going backwards, can’t see us sliding back.

these are reasonable ideas, seems like you're being unreasonable in your condemnation.....

We have obvious, current holes in our list - if we take our picks to the draft at this point it's a concession that we're a long way away from success. If the club identifies draftees that we are a chance to get and that will help in the short term as well as in the long term, I'd say go ahead and take some picks to the draft - but if they've not identified anyone, it's a better list management strategy to get your depth cheap from other clubs. For all of our trade failures we've had 10 draft failures.

We need a mid badly otherwise Titch will be fkd..........
I agree definatly need a mid to help titch and job, hopefully worpel and cousins have big off season.

We need a key poistion just as bad thou to compete with westcoast and richmond who have 4 or 5 solid players down there spine.

We finish fourth and miss out on drafting one player and you think its a reasonable idea to tank for better draft picks so we can improve going forward?

If we come away with Scrimshaw and Amon it’s a fail.. Not sure the reasoning behind the confidence on Scrimshaw and Amon is a steak and knives guy. Posters sugar coating it is classic rose coloured glasses stuff, we’ve have 2 all on swings at the stumps and couldn’t hit. We need GW to lift

I’m having a laugh at Kane asking where our youth is. I don’t understand why he’d make this comment unless he’s just stirring the pot.

I have no problem with going to the draft.

As for Lloyds suggestion of going backwards, can’t see us sliding back.

if you watched Kane Cornes was asking the question then someone tweeted in and he read out the names, he was just asking the questions everyone has been asking about the Hawks after he listed what has happened this off season

what happened:

-cyril retires, missed on Sloane, missed on lynch, lost Russell Clarkos right hand man, missed Shiel, ageing list (this was on a graphic on their show)

then he asked Hawks fans to call in and he asked who their youth was and what people thought of their chances next year and the near future

callers called in and listed our youth, but said we need a Tall forward to help out Roughead, a hawks supporter said if Birchall comes back we can throw Burton forward to play a role down there(which i agree with)

Lloydy said maybe we need to go into the draft and bottom out for a year so they can come back stronger, which isnt the best idea, but maybe with an ageing list could be what happens?

i thought it was actually constructive, rather than them taking a shot, there was even a caller who said "some wanted us to fail because jealousy is a curse" and that got a funny reaction from Cornes and Lloyd

so in context it wasnt as bad as that tweet taken out of context could seem.

We finish fourth and miss out on drafting one player and you think its a reasonable idea to tank for better draft picks so we can improve going forward?

Spot on mate, we're better off tracking youngsters from other clubs with depth in that position or those that were well rated but have underachieved.

Scrimshaw is a great example of that, Pick 7 but has underachieved. We'll get him for a 2nd rounder and he's still only 20. Bargain. Could pick up Goddard, Collins as young DFAs and we wouldn't even lose a draft pick. We could look at a type like Ben Keays from Brisbane and get them cheap, hopefully get them to their potential.

There's a lot we could do better than going to the draft.

I think finishing top 4 this year has put unrealistic expectations on our current list

We went out in straight sets quite convincingly and lost to brissy.... Twice

Even with Shiel we weren't winning it next year

Yes we have some good young guys but realistically Morrison, Worpel Moore etc are 2-3 years away from being seasoned hard bodies

Not to mention we need a quality kpd and forward within the next 2 years....they dont grow on trees

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

If you had to guess what do you think we would be trading for him?

I would hope nothing more than a pick around 25 if we really rate him and as low as 35 if he is a considered risk.

Scrimmers has done nothing for a few years for a rubbish team and we need to remember this. I recall the hoo haa about O’Rourke when we got him. He had done nothing for the Giants when we coughed up a first round pick for him!!!!

Scrimshaw has struggled with the AFL system and fully committing to it (what does this really mean)

Just my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back