List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we come away with Scrimshaw and Amon it’s a fail.. Not sure the reasoning behind the confidence on Scrimshaw and Amon is a steak and knives guy. Posters sugar coating it is classic rose coloured glasses stuff, we’ve have 2 all on swings at the stumps and couldn’t hit. We need GW to lift
Those 2 plus an A grader (Wingard, etc) should be a pass.

if you watched Kane Cornes was asking the question then someone tweeted in and he read out the names, he was just asking the questions everyone has been asking about the Hawks after he listed what has happened this off season

what happened:

-cyril retires, missed on Sloane, missed on lynch, lost Russell Clarkos right hand man, missed Shiel, ageing list (this was on a graphic on their show)

then he asked Hawks fans to call in and he asked who their youth was and what people thought of their chances next year and the near future

callers called in and listed our youth, but said we need a Tall forward to help out Roughead, a hawks supporter said if Birchall comes back we can throw Burton forward to play a role down there(which i agree with)

Lloydy said maybe we need to go into the draft and bottom out for a year so they can come back stronger, which isnt the best idea, but maybe with an ageing list could be what happens?

i thought it was actually constructive, rather than them taking a shot, there was even a caller who said "some wanted us to fail because jealousy is a curse" and that got a funny reaction from Cornes and Lloyd

so in context it wasnt as bad as that tweet taken out of context could seem.

It’s like an umpy giving you a couple of soft free kicks in the last 5 minutes after the game is out of reach and he gave you nothing all day

Last edited:
Let’s get one thing straight, Dylan is a very good player but not the inside monster that would have released pressure off Mitchell, he would have complimented Jaeger, Smith etc.. the type of player we need ( also same goes for bombers) is Brad Crouch!! Or we just watch the development of the Worpedo!

**** you and your reality !!
Like the internet is reality !!!
You want reality , go to the Lynch thread in the draft and trade forum ....look for my posts , see how ******* accurate my mail was there .....perhaps it's time I bump everything I nail , but let's be honest , I do that and next thing ya know ......I'm a flog who gets lucky !!

You have runs on the board Dash.

Hopefully we organically move on from ‘he who must not be named’ today.

Whilst we may have had some inside knowledge that didn’t pan out it’s hard to imagine anyone truly knows all of the variables that were at play and what exactly went down.

And although their has been countless incredibly passionate and well thought out dissertations on what might have happened if any small part of information they are basing said theory’s upon is incorrect it all goes out the window.

Amusing playing catch-up tonight and seeing folk getting themselves into such a frenzy of excitement over Wingard. Honestly, have we learned nothing from the Shiel saga? Wingard isn’t coming. It’s another summer of medium fish and then we hit the draft.

If you want to save yourself disappointment and work up excitement, then start reading draft profiles because that’s our most realistic chance of getting an A-grader (albeit a potential future one) on deck this off-season.

Who? ;)

Let’s get one thing straight, Dylan is a very good player but not the inside monster that would have released pressure off Mitchell, he would have complimented Jaeger, Smith etc.. the type of player we need ( also same goes for bombers) is Brad Crouch!! Or we just watch the development of the Worpedo!

I’d love a quality mid that is strong enough to win his own ball but can also accelerate from a contest. We lack inside to outside speed but it never had to be Dylan.

A tall one would be great as well. Not sure Burton is that guy but love to be proven wrong.

Some important metrics about Shiel:

Never cracked top 3 B&F
Never more than 11 Brownlow Votes
26 next year
Never kicked more than 13 goals in a season

With the type of money and picks that are being talked about, you'd think he was Dustin Martin or Nat Fyfe. A lot of people talking about missing out but with a bit of reflection I'm glad we didn't play ball with the type of money and picks that were thrown around.

Good post. I was hopeful for Shiel more on the back of missing out on Lynch and our need to get a solid supporting mid for TOM and co. I think our window might be closing but was hopeful a few FA pick ups might ram it open again. Fingers crossed we still have a plan.

More than happy for the club to go 'moneyball' and to the draft with our first now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd and Kane Cornes on Trade radio a minute ago...

"Best number 1 draft pick ever would have to be Nick Riewoldt as he was a better player than Luke Hodge".

Wait til Hodgey hears that!!

yea they were saying Hodge and Riewoldt were the best number 1 picks, Hodge had the best CV and Riewoldt was the best player, i disagree with this i think not only was Hodges CV better, but he was a better player than Riewoldt, definately more impactful and bigger in big games, i think the media just have rose coloured glasses on with Riewoldt.

if you watched Kane Cornes was asking the question then someone tweeted in and he read out the names, he was just asking the questions everyone has been asking about the Hawks after he listed what has happened this off season

what happened:

-cyril retires, missed on Sloane, missed on lynch, lost Russell Clarkos right hand man, missed Shiel, ageing list (this was on a graphic on their show)

then he asked Hawks fans to call in and he asked who their youth was and what people thought of their chances next year and the near future

callers called in and listed our youth, but said we need a Tall forward to help out Roughead, a hawks supporter said if Birchall comes back we can throw Burton forward to play a role down there(which i agree with)

Lloydy said maybe we need to go into the draft and bottom out for a year so they can come back stronger, which isnt the best idea, but maybe with an ageing list could be what happens?

i thought it was actually constructive, rather than them taking a shot, there was even a caller who said "some wanted us to fail because jealousy is a curse" and that got a funny reaction from Cornes and Lloyd

so in context it wasnt as bad as that tweet taken out of context could seem.

Media personnel's knowledge, in this case Kane Cornes and Mathew Lloyd, is superficial - we, the supporters, for the most part, have a much better idea of where our list is than those two ignorant bozos.

Still thought it was good risk management to take him with the pick we did. I love that our club is always trying to find ways to bring in elite talent without top picks...

Burton a great example

Garlett was a big mistake, the guy was a mess and we missed out on a quality player drafting Garlett, go look at the players we missed out on because we wasted the pick on Garlett

We tend to pay too high a price in recent trade periods and accept too little for outgoing players. Hope that doesn't happen again this year.
More than Shiel, Wingard would suit our requirements. A 30-40 goals player who can pinch hit in centre bounces. Tyson would be fantastic as well as we could do with a extractor type albeit slow player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back