List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Media personnel's knowledge, in this case Kane Cornes and Mathew Lloyd, is superficial - we, the supporters, for the most part, have a much better idea of where our list is than those two ignorant bozos.

i agree for football personalities to be this ignorant of clubs lists, makes you wonder how they are given a show to spout ignorance on.

I am concerned with the way this is playing out mate.

This has Fire sale all over it.

Port push their man to the brink of saying Fk you, get me out here and then Port play the hard done by owners in the media and then the bottom feeders like St Kilda come in late with pick 4 on the table and a deal gets done that blows everyone away and Port walk away happily ever after and get access to one of the SA guns they want.

Agree. Maybe I’m missing something here but I have seen him on the last line for GWS under the pump holding his own against bigger bodies and doing well.

I then love how he kicks the ball in 60+ without trying as well.

After considering the above GWS are probably auctioning him off again behind the scenes and will be trying to demand our first pick for him :-( which is overs.

In saying that I would happily give up a pick around 25 for him!!!!

Might just end up being a pick we get if we deal Cegs. Heck it might end up being a straight swap for Megs depending on how much cap space GWS clear.

yea they were saying Hodge and Riewoldt were the best number 1 picks, Hodge had the best CV and Riewoldt was the best player, i disagree with this i think not only was Hodges CV better, but he was a better player than Riewoldt, definately more impactful and bigger in big games, i think the media just have rose coloured glasses on with Riewoldt.
Different types of players but both great leaders. If Nick had worn brown and gold I think we would be saying he was the best. Doubt Hodgey would be to fussed if he was pipped for the number 1 spot by Nick. Would be a worthy winner. Arguments for both imo.

Last edited:
yea they were saying Hodge and Riewoldt were the best number 1 picks, Hodge had the best CV and Riewoldt was the best player, i disagree with this i think not only was Hodges CV better, but he was a better player than Riewoldt, definately more impactful and bigger in big games, i think the media just have rose coloured glasses on with Riewoldt.

Hodge is incredibly undersold.

Great mark/kick, good beneath his knees, excellent spoiler, read the flight brilliantly, the game better. Great across half forward, half back and on the ball. No tougher player going round and doesn’t even duck his head. Wasn’t even that slow once he got a bit of momentum up and the best leader I’ve seen. Literally defined a player that makes his team mates better.

Rooey could run for a big bugger...

#getChad

I'm invested now, who wants to join me? Most likely it will end in disappointment so warning you now. Just give him 800k already I'm ok with that

I’m in with ya but need to hear from Chad say the words “make me a hawk” and I will really get invested.

Garlett was a big mistake, the guy was a mess and we missed out on a quality player drafting Garlett, go look at the players we missed out on because we wasted the pick on Garlett

Doesn’t mean we would have picked them, it didn’t work out, I can live with that.

Hindsight and all.

I am concerned with the way this is playing out mate.

This has Fire sale all over it.

Port push their man to the brink of saying Fk you, get me out here and then Port play the hard done by owners in the media and then the bottom feeders like St Kilda come in late with pick 4 on the table and a deal gets done that blows everyone away and Port walk away happily ever after and get access to one of the SA guns they want.

He must nominate. Or you’re spot on.

I’m in with ya but need to hear from Chad say the words “make me a hawk” and I will really get invested.
Fukc it I'm already invested. We need to make an exception here and up our price for Wingard, pay overs if we have to. Same for Coniglio next year, we will have to pay over a million and I'm comfortable with that.

Doesn’t mean we would have picked them, it didn’t work out, I can live with that.

Hindsight and all.

everyone knew Garlett was into dodgy stuff before he got drafted, then guess what happens a year or so after he leaves Hawthorn? he goes to jail, yea our magical culture is just a myth, we cant turn idiots into good people.....

We tend to pay too high a price in recent trade periods and accept too little for outgoing players. Hope that doesn't happen again this year.
More than Shiel, Wingard would suit our requirements. A 30-40 goals player who can pinch hit in centre bounces. Tyson would be fantastic as well as we could do with a extractor type albeit slow player.
Tyson about to sign a 3 year deal with North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regular season it’s a fair comment but going into a final you take Hodgey

P.s. please don't compare Wingard to Cyril, you're embarrassing yourselves.

He is an absolute gun. As close to Cyril as you will find but without the dodgy hammies that prevented Cyril from being the undisputed #goat

He has shown real glimpses of becoming a genuine quality mid. That’s what I’m interested in but do have query’s about weather he can sustain it for whole seasons.

Obviously he doesn’t have the defensive capabilities of Cyril and no one will ever be Cyril, but may fill a greater need for us than Cyril could have going fwd...

i bet he costs north a 3rd rounder too, Brians Bargains...
Tyson is a slow inside mid. Very similar to Cousins and we couldn't role Mitchell Worpel Tyson Howe Shiels in one side.

Pass on Tyson I think.

We should be looking at DFA or state league players. H. Schloithe still available?

Those taking pots at the ITK posters. As someone said it is a fluid situation. I don't lose it at a weather man for telling me it's sunny and 23 degrees. Because I might look out side and see it's 12 degrees, raining and night time. So maybe it WAS what the weatherman said WHEN he said it.

And do we have to call glacier "river" now?

He is an absolute gun. As close to Cyril as you will find but without the dodgy hammies that prevented Cyril from being the undisputed #goat

He has shown real glimpses of becoming a genuine quality mid. That’s what I’m interested in but do have query’s about weather he can sustain it for whole seasons.

Obviously he doesn’t have the defensive capabilities of Cyril and no one will ever be Cyril, but may fill a greater need for us than Cyril could have going fwd...
Don't get me wrong, Chad is the closest thing to Cyril we have seen in recent times. I rate him highly always have. But to compare the two is wrong, Cyril is next level. Dammit Cyril why? WHYYYYYYYYYYY! You ripped my heart out bro (Sorry I didn't really grieve when Cyril retired). Just passed denial stage recently.

Those taking pots at the ITK posters. As someone said it is a fluid situation. I don't lose it at a weather man for telling me it's sunny and 23 degrees. Because I might look out side and see it's 12 degrees, raining and night time. So maybe it WAS what the weatherman said WHEN he said it.

And do we have to call glacier "river" now?
This place is for discussion, and I for one appreciate all viewpoints and ITK intel, no matter how accurate it is.

Onus is on the reader to interpret / accept at their own risk. We start putting caveats on what people can say, the whole point of this place is ruined.

This place is for discussion, and I for one appreciate all viewpoints and ITK intel, no matter how accurate it is.

Onus is on the reader to interpret / accept at their own risk. We start putting caveats on what people can say, the whole point of this place is ruined.
and the AFL to veto and the target to change his mind

Some people need to read this a few times and take a deep breathe

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I will go against the trend and say I am not devastated with the trade and free agency to date. Whilst we need to add a few A graders to the list and Lynch and Shiel would have done that I would not have offered the contract length that either player has been offered. Also with regard to Shiel, had we offered two firsts to GWS that would have precluded us from using our 2020 first in a trade unless we were able to trade in another first. In my view Shiel does not bring enough to the table to justify that.
You have to know when to walk from a deal and for Hawthorn two firsts was probably a deal breaker.
Where we go from here will be interesting and I will be watching with interest. It is still only quarter time in the trade period and who knows what, if anything, is yet to play out.

EXACTLY. Let's just wait to see what Essendon give up before judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back